• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am sure Werner did a similar thing against Everton recently and got pummeled for those 2 misses...

But he has 20+ big chances missed. 

Overall Werner, Havertz and Ziyech pretty much are going to be established front 3 after what we saw these last couple of games. They won the battle for now... 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

One of our worst performances this year still go the win. Tuchel now has 2 weeks off to rectify our shockingly bad decision making in attack. Wasted every breakaway chance. Even the 2-0 was a terribly played out counter attack saved by a great finish just like in midweek . 

We just never pick the correct pass. It's like we just don't know how to attack.

I think it's going to take a lot longer than 2 weeks if honest. Probably 2 years 🤣

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Overall Werner, Havertz and Ziyech pretty much are going to be established front 3 after what we saw these last couple of games. They won the battle for now... 

The point here isn't how many chances has Werner missed. The point is Pulisic had two good chances to score, of which he should have scored the second one at the very least. We saw him bury chances like those last season.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I still think Pulisic has a chance remember him against Liverpool last season. He looked unplayable. 

If he could deliver that consistently- we would be so lucky 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The point here isn't how many chances has Werner missed. The point is Pulisic had two good chances to score, of which he should have scored the second one at the very least. We saw him bury chances like those last season.

He slipped to be fair. If he hadn't slipped- I think it would have been finished... 

When things don't go for you, they make it look worse.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lingard 5 goals and 3 assists in 750 minutes for WH. Some of our attackers should take notes. And he is playing AM. 

Thing is - teams don't play the same against Wet Spam. That might change in the future, but they always seem to get more space than we do. 

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

He slipped to be fair. If he hadn't slipped- I think it would have been finished... 

When things don't go for you, they make it look worse.

The second chance? He dribbled past 2-3 players and somehow just shot straight at the keeper.

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

I still think Pulisic has a chance remember him against Liverpool last season. He looked unplayable. 

If he could deliver that consistently- we would be so lucky 

We would be very good if our players can start putting chances away consistently!

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

My point is, if you're gonna criticize someone for missing a chance, then you should do it for all. A bad miss is a bad miss and all that. I don't see why the lack of playing time is a factor here. It's not as if Pulisic just played his first game in months. Pulisic should have scored his second chance today at the very least.

You completely dismissed what I said. I criticise Werner for the volume of chances he's missed. It's like you turn a blind eye to that, and you continue to make comparison that's invalid. 

Werner missed so many chances and started so many games, but Pulisic just missed two chances today but scored against West Ham/Leeds when he had the chance to score. Pulisic didn't start as many games as Werner which is also very important to take into consideration! If it's so difficult to understand then we might as well stop arguing😑

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

You completely dismissed what I said. I criticise Werner for the volume of chances he's missed. It's like you turn a blind eye to that, and you continue to make comparison that's invalid. 

I don't turn a blind eye to that. What else do you want me to say that's already been said? How do you expect me to defend his misses? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

Werner missed so many chances and started so many games, but Pulisic just missed two chances today but scored against West Ham/Leeds when he had the chance to score. Pulisic didn't start as many games as Werner which is also very important to take into consideration! If it's so difficult to understand then we might as well stop arguing

But my point is, a miss is a miss regardless of how many games one has played over the other and as I said before, it's not as if Pulisic just came back from injury and he's lacking sharpness etc either. I remember people were already jumping on Werner when he started missing chances at Newcastle last November.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don't turn a blind eye to that. What else do you want me to say that's already been said? How do you expect me to defend his misses? 🤣

But my point is, a miss is a miss regardless of how many games one has played over the other and as I said before, it's not as if Pulisic just came back from injury and he's lacking sharpness etc either. 

I don't agree with your point. Everyone misses chances, but Werner has misses an astronomical amount of chances compared to Pulisic. It's silly to compare them both, after today was probably the first time Pulisic missed clear chances in front of goal this season. If Pulisic continues to miss chances like Werner has been doing then it's a fair comparison, to do that right now in order to make it seem like Werner's finishing is normal compared to the rest of our attackers is just crazy.

We agree to disagree though.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

I don't agree with your point. Everyone misses chances, but Werner has misses an astronomical amount of chances compared to Pulisic. It's silly to compare them both, after today was probably the first time Pulisic missed clear chances in front of goal this season. If Pulisic continues to miss chances like Werner has been doing then it's a fair comparison, to do that right now in order to make it seem like Werner's finishing is normal compared to the rest of our attackers is just crazy.

We agree to disagree though.

But even Pulisic said he should have done better with his chances today...

Not comparing the volume of misses (yes, Werner is worse than the others in this regard) but more judging each chance/miss as it comes. Would we have been so forgiving had Pulisic's misses cost us the game today? Maybe not.

Just now, Jason said:

But even Pulisic said he should have done better with his chances today...

Not comparing the volume of misses (yes, Werner is worse than the others in this regard) but more judging each chance/miss as it comes. Would we have been so forgiving had Pulisic's misses cost us the game today? Maybe not.

Whatever dude.