• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Should we do a lot of rotation because int. break is coming after?

Kepa, Emerson, CHO, Mount, Jorginho should all start.

Also good chance to try Reece as RCB because he is clearly not for WB. Maybe Chilwell LCB?

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Should we do a lot of rotation because int. break is coming after?

Kepa, Emerson, CHO, Mount, Jorginho should all start.

Also good chance to try Reece as RCB because he is clearly not for WB. Maybe Chilwell LCB?

Not disrespecting Sheffield United but is there a need to go with a back 3 here? 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes if you want Timo to start 🤣

Can always go 4-4-2 or whatever.

Sheffield United right now seem like the ideal opposition for him to get a goal or two if Tuchel doesn't want to rest him.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Can always go 4-4-2 or whatever.

Sheffield United right now seem like the ideal opposition for him to get a goal or two if Tuchel doesn't want to rest him.

Idk, I think Mount is sure for front 3, Havertz wont play after 3 starts in a row all other options are possible. Hakim can continue his run... Puli may start or Olie. CHO probably RWB.

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Idk, I think Mount is sure for front 3, Havertz wont play after 3 starts in a row all other options are possible. Hakim can continue his run... Puli may start or Olie. CHO probably RWB.

Ziyech has started the last 2 games though.

Maybe Werner-Giroud-Pulisic or Pulisic-Werner-Mount? We have 5 subs available for this game. So, we can easily just make changes later on. 

And also, start Gilmour! 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ziyech has started the last 2 games though.

Maybe Werner-Giroud-Pulisic or Pulisic-Werner-Mount? We have 5 subs available for this game. So, we can easily just make changes later on. 

And also, start Gilmour! 

Still Werner is most likely to play all 3 games for Germany so probably rest here.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Still Werner is most likely to play all 3 games for Germany so probably rest here.

We can "force" Jogi Low's hand by playing Werner here really. I mean, you have Mourinho saying he will start Kane against Dinamo Zagreb even though Spurs are already 2-0 up in the tie and have a game against Villa on Sunday.

Moreover, Germany will be facing Iceland (h), Romania (a) and Macedonia (h). Think they should be able to win those games without Werner starting in all 3 games. Am sure Low will also rotate his squad anyway to prevent any issues for his Euro squad later on.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Not disrespecting Sheffield United but is there a need to go with a back 3 here? 

Its the best system we have at the moment. We changed to a 4 v Leeds and it didn’t work out as well.

I think the back three is going to be pretty persistent until the pre-season for the next year, the big games we have played so far have shown that it suits the players and Tuchel’s philosophy. 

Probably our best chance to win silverware and this is probably the last game that has any meaning for Sheffield so I say no risks. 

Mendy

James----Christensen---Rudiger

CHO-----------Gilmour--------Kovacic----------Chilwell

Mount------Pulisic

Giroud

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Probably our best chance to win silverware and this is probably the last game that has any meaning for Sheffield so I say no risks. 

Mendy

Mount------Pulisic

Giroud

I like this except Christensen. You know he will play every international. Get Zouma in. May throw Kepa a bone, but I don't think we need to.

23 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

Mount------Pulisic

Giroud

Agree this is the cup final for Sheff Utd. I know we are better than them, but never underestimate their fighting spirit. A couple of early goals would help settle the nerves.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Silva out of the game. Still recovering.

Abraham back in training but had a scare after twisting his ankle. Doubtful for this game.

Tuchel confirmed Anjorin will be part of the group on Sunday.

------------------------ Kepa

--------Azpilicueta----Christensen --- Zouma

----Hudson-Odoi----Jorginho----Gilmour----Emerson

-----------------Pulisic------Mount---

-----------------------Werner--------

Edited by milka

On 19/03/2021 at 22:29, milka said:

------------------------ Kepa

--------Azpilicueta----Christensen --- Zouma

----Hudson-Odoi----Jorginho----Gilmour----Emerson

-----------------Pulisic------Mount---

-----------------------Werner--------