• Mount
    • Kovacic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Hard to come in and perform in the limited time given, knowing he's under pressure to do so. 

Even when CHO has done alright, he would still get dropped anyway in the next game and has been dropped for a non-winger to play in his position.

True that but we have to just accept Frank's boner for Mount.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

True that but we have to just accept Frank's boner for Mount.

Maybe because Mount has been outstanding in the middle of the pitch for the last few games 🤔

He is nowhere near as effective on the wing, but for him to be picked ahead of CHO must really be telling... 

They should have sent CHO on loan. Post injury he is a shadow of his former self. It's like Torres pre and post injury. 

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

Maybe because Mount has been outstanding in the middle of the pitch for the last few games 🤔

He is nowhere near as effective on the wing, but for him to be picked ahead of CHO must really be telling... 

They should have sent CHO on loan. Post injury he is a shadow of his former self. It's like Torres pre and post injury. 

Agree with all said. Mount was fantastic in the game against Burnley. CHO should have gone out on loan.

If some neutral fan is watching a Chelsea game for the first time you think they're gonna comment on CHO?  Like 'wow who is that kid?'  I don't.  Happy to be proven wrong in fact more than happy.  Hope he starts tomorrow and bangs in a brace!  

8 hours ago, Muzchap said:

7 hours ago, DDA said:

CHO should have gone out on loan.

That was never going to happen in a season where squad depth is gonna be more important than ever. 

I do not think that CHO is a lost cause but the boy does need to step up his performances. At no point has he really had a game in the past 18 months where anyone has said, 'wow, he has to play next week'. Only one that may have fallen into that category is the Dippers away last season. 

For me, he needs to be become more aggressive and direct when attacking the box/opposition defenders as he too often gets to the final third and then lays it off or gets dispossessed easily. He is only 20, so he will need to step things up soon as wingers probably have the shortest career. Further, my concern is that he may have a similar trajectory to RLC, i.e. lot of potential as a kid, then hype keeps him in the squad for another 10 years. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

That was never going to happen in a season where squad depth is gonna be more important than ever. 

Yeah - but regularly playing week in week out would have been good for him. I think we all appreciate the uniqueness of this season, but overall in his career - this is a pretty bad situation for him.

Maybe in hindsight we should have tried to cash in on him with Bayern and inserted a reasonable buy back clause...

Hate these 17:30 Kick Offs... feels like waiting the whole day... Need a win here and to shoot back up the table [emoji106]
Same. Put us in the early game and then hopefully we can watch the rest of the weekend with the points on the board.

Games before the international breaks are even more important in my opinion as you have to sit with that result for 2 weeks. Not like you can brush it off with another game in 3 days time

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm hoping we go for the Jorgi-Kova-Mount trio for this. It's proven to work in these type of games and Kante needs to be managed more carefully.

Jorginho should never take the pitch for us again. 

And did not we play this 3 and lost 3-0 to shu last time.