Kai Havertz

Blues11

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Your own article says you are wrong m8.

Lol.

No. 10 , not an 8

He says he wants to wear the no. 10 so I am assuming shirt number as you cant wear a position haha. 

My dream will always be to wear the No.10 one day at my club.” 

He mentions playing as an 8, inside right. And says he is not a classic number 10 which I am guessing is why he prefers playing as an 8.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yes but they also didnt play over 20 times in their first half a season and put in the sort of poor/beyond average performances where he has say lost the ball however many times in a game by needlessly dribbling into people or whatever. We all know he has talent but before he got COVID bar the hat trick, I still was struggling to see the qualities he had shown at a lesser team with inferior players. He has better teammates here. Yes tactically its not been amazing but still, same with Werner, good players are good players and he is one but hasnt done enough. And as I mentioned with Werner also, once you cost a few bob, some sort of expectation is there be it fairly or unfairly. Its at the point where now the run and assist for Callum, which was good yes but its as if thats meant to eradicate the poorer/average games he played beforehand... or meant to be worth the 70/80m we paid for him alone... or so you’d think reading the reactions.

Felix and De Ligt are different players in second season for Atletico and Juve. Much better. They should be good rapper for Kai. 

Also Kai for now played just minutes that are equal to 13 and a half games. And if you take away minutes when he played as a winger and did absolutely nothing because it clearly it's not his position it comes down to around 900 minutes which is 10 games. He has 4 goals, 4 open play assists and one penalty won. All came when he played in midfield. 9 goals contribution in 10 games as midfielder is very good. And this is just slow start for him in the new league, with Covid and shit manager. 

Zero doubt that he is going to be amazing and we should build our team around him. 

15 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's what people thought of Salah and DeBruyne. 

Got to give time men. 

You are so impatient with the young guns. 

I think with Salah case, if he stay with us he will never be successful, he made brilliant decision moving to Fiorentina. 

KDB case was simply Mourinho was being stupid. 

I am still on the fence with Havertz. 

• 1 month later...

Frustrating that Havertz has only been here 168 days: No pre season, had decent start to then catch Covid, learning under 1 coach for him to get sacked,work under a new coach to try and prove a point to then get injured. Foolish to write him off

Last season maybe even the season before he started really slow but than turned into beast mode for Leverkusen in the second part of the season.

First part of the season: 

2 goals and 1 assist. 

2nd part: 16 goals 8 assists. 

He had many set backs this season: new league without pre season, manager who didn't want him, played out of position, Covid and this latest injury. 

But he is fit now. Can we expect something similar from him now in Chelsea? I expect him to explode at some point. Probably next season. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

Quotes from Tuchel about Havertz

“He is a unique player. It’s not so clear where he needs to settle. Does he need to settle on one special position? Or is he kind of a hybrid player? Today, I would say he’s in between a nine and a 10, something in between.

“He’s very comfortable in the box; he’s very comfortable in high positions, he’s very good at offensive headers, he has good timing to arrive in the box, good finishing, good composure in the box, around the box, and very comfortable in high positions so between nine and 10.”

And to bring the best of him, it could be mean it will really depend on the system and how well other player around him

If other factor around him doesn't going well, Kai could be never be good enough as a number ten nor as a striker in a high level

Edited by dimmas