Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 hour ago, Jason said:

To be fair unless it's Mourinho, no sane manager is gonna pile pressure on their own players.

In front of the media, yeah.

But there are a lot others who doesn't have the patience when it comes to young players and expect sudden impact.

I guess the price tag also plays a part. It was easier to get rid of them both when we haven't invested a shit ton of money into them. 

27 minutes ago, 0007 said:

In front of the media, yeah.

But there a lot others who doesn't have the patience when it comes to young players and expect sudden impact.

I guess the price tag also plays a part. It was easier to get rid of them both when we haven't invested a shit ton of money into them. 

Havertz is also Lampard's signing. Would invite a lot of pressure if he were to just bin him.

Moreover, whatever faults Lampard has as a manager right now, his man management of the players isn't one of them. 

People forget he's just 21...
He's 21. He left his home 6 months ago (which has talked about how hard that is--he's clearly a homebody and this has been difficult). He had covid with some strong symptoms. He hasn't gotten his confidence back yet.

He's been poor (especially last couple of weeks), but he's gonna be a top player. Talent has oozed through at times and he's a hard worker. It'll come. I have no worries about him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 17.12.2020 at 10:10 PM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He's never led his nation to a world cup either.

He'd do well to accomplish half of what Erdogan's buddy  has.

led? Özil was an absolute milestone around the neck in that campaign. a wonder we made it despite all the chances he missed. Easily our worst player whole tournament.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

led? Özil was an absolute milestone around the neck in that campaign. a wonder we made it despite all the chances he missed. Easily our worst player whole tournament.

absolutely agree, no clue what WC the other poster watched

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

absolutely agree, no clue what WC the other poster watched

hmm.., maybe he was thinking about the 2010 world cup?

I think Ozil was a revelation there, and primarily the reason why Madrid went for him and Khedira shortly after. He never won anything then, though.

50 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

hmm.., maybe he was thinking about the 2010 world cup?

I think Ozil was a revelation there, and primarily the reason why Madrid went for him and Khedira shortly after. He never won anything then, though.

probably, and yes, Özil was a beast in that WC

Thank you! "It is not Lampards fault." "Kai is suited for number 8." 

This is so obvy. Havertz is more of a finisher then creator and we all agreed on that. Frank is destroying his effectiveness in the final 3d.

Not helping Werner either with playing him on the wing... 

This is so obvy. Havertz is more of a finisher then creator and we all agreed on that. Frank is destroying his effectiveness in the final 3d.

It is a new position he has to learn under Frank. Does not mean he will never be able to learn it, but currently his skill set are clearly more suited as a no. 10.

But these stats are a little bit misleading. Havertz was often criticized for his lack of pressing and defensive contribution. Lampard clearly wants all his players to consistently press and defend and this means that Kai has to spend more time defending rather than doing what he did for Kusen. At Leverkusen, he had more or less a free role. At Chelsea, he can't get that role because he is not Hazard level

Also, it does not help that Bundesliga is much worse than PL. Usually, you have a lot of space in Bundesliga and players don't press like they do in PL

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Havertz is clearly more of a runner/finisher than creator. We have to create chances for him to finish off. When I saw his stats for the past few seasons never having above 10-15 assists in any season, I felt something was not right to tag him as a creative player. 

But he has great movement and good finishing so we have to hope Ziyech is fit to create for Havertz right now. 

56 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is only 21 tho. And who better to coach a player to become a finisher and creater in the no. 8 role than Lampard himself. I think Havertz current image of himself is that of the classic elegant no. 10 who is not really involved in the game all the time but pops up with a flash of brilliance every now and then. And this kind of player is not fit for Enlgish football or  modern football in general

On 19/12/2020 at 5:55 PM, Magic Lamps said:

He is only 21 tho. And who better to coach a player to become a finisher and creater in the no. 8 role than Lampard himself. I think Havertz current image of himself is that of the classic elegant no. 10 who is not really involved in the game all the time but pops up with a flash of brilliance every now and then. And this kind of player is not fit for Enlgish football or  modern football in general

I personally like that Lampard is trying to make him more of an 8, so that he's more involved in games. The fact that this is untapped potential in him is huge imo. 

I'm not worried about Havertz, he's a young kid that just came to the league from Germany. So it's only normal that he needs time to adjust.

He also had heavy covid symptoms which might be a reason for his poor performances of late. He'll be very good for us in the near future, I can feel it.