• Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Its not fucking moaning when stating facts ffs, you can change your style and still have some form of stability and shape. Your just making excuses now. We look utterly clueless and look like we have 4 DL's on his worst days. How was the team so rotten yesterdy knowing we need pts? This is not acceptable no matter how much you jump up and down. Any other manager and he was a goner for sure...so dont make it sound like we are hating on him, we are just worried by the same clueless mistakes that likely will cost us a CL place.

Point is, when you're in the teething processes of learning a new/complex style of play there's a trade off. Sarri covered up the issues by playing a more cautious game while Frank has chosen to try and be a bit more direct trading defensive solidarity.

It's not excuses, it's a fact, you can't do a complete 180 on your style of play (especially when you're transitioning to such a complex style, one that even Pep struggles to get consistent results with soon as he loses 2 or 3 key players), effectively lose 4 game changers and not expect serious growing pains.

Yes Frank has made mistakes this season and there's aspects of his management he needs to fine tune to ultimately make it at the top level but this notion there's no potential of a top coach there is bolax, I mean have you forgotten despite his flaws he has outfoxed four CL winning coaches in this calender year?

1 minute ago, Puliiszola said:

We could barely get a CL place with one of the best players in the world and easily the best player in PL. 

We lost him, could not replace him, integrated 5/6 youth players into the team, changed our total system and style of play, and you are wondering why we are struggling to get top 4 or there is a lack of consistency. Seriously? Lol

How many of you expected us to even be in a top 4 race without hazard, with injuries to kante, pulisic for long spells. 

Obviously, we have issues, any team in such a massive transition and change will have such teething issues. Which place did pep finish in his first season with city despite spending a fortune and not losing the best pl player? Or Klopp? 

It's not making "excuses", it's having a perspective. This is not fifa, it's real life. 

No that doesnt fly this season, this has been a shit PL season and we have been in top 4 almost the entire time, we have lost blown games in incredible fashion. I'll say again he will get next season then we can judge but many of us are seeing red flags and they aint going away, actually its getting worse.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Point is, when you're in the teething processes of learning a new/complex style of play there's a trade off. Sarri covered up the issues by playing a more cautious game while Frank has chosen to try and be a bit more direct trading defensive solidarity.

It's not excuses, it's a fact, you can't do a complete 180 on your style of play (especially when you're transitioning to such a complex style, one that even Pep struggles to get consistent results with soon as he loses 2 or 3 key players), effectively lose 4 game changers and not expect serious growing pains.

Yes Frank has made mistakes this season and there's aspects of his management he needs to fine tune to ultimately make it at the top level but this notion there's no potential of a top coach there is bolax, I mean have you forgotten despite his flaws he has outfoxed four CL winning coaches in this calender year?

I get that I really do and wish him the best for Chels, I just see too many red flags. Changing the style is one thing, being clever with your tactics in a time where you need pts is another. Has made tons of mistakes with no remedy as of yet, he still does not know his best 11, keeps changing the line-up every game, has a love in for some of them players. He is a rookie I get that but he needs help badly, and he needs to be more ruthless. Iwill give him next season, if we can see progress etc  its all good, if its the same mistakes then he aint it.

The problem with the above discussion with SFL is that it is not taking into consideration the context. Yes, SFL has done well to get us to this point with the hand he was dealt, however, once in this position he should've shown more adaptability. For me, there are a couple of red flags that I have with SFL, which are all to do with his stubborness. For me this is the single biggest issue as this seems to effected the following: 

Selling Luiz because he called him Frank instead of gaffer. Thus losing our ability to play 343 properly. 

Freezing Giroud out and playing Batsh*t instead. Apparently due to Giroud questioning some of his decisions and his wanting to push through his youth revolution. 

Not adapting his tactics according to the opposition. Yesterday, we all knew what was coming which is why me and Jason even said 343 might be an idea. At the very least he had to start Giroud and Alonso over James and Tammy so we had someone that could give us the long ball option and another player in the box that can head/not have Dave at LB. He did none of that. 

He clearly believes that defending set pieces is down to individuals to arrange. This is supported by his comments and our complete lack of composure/structure. This has been going on with his teams since Derby yet he has still to do anything about it. 

Obviously, where we our atm is above what everyone thought. I personally predicted 6th-7th finish. However, there are clear red flags with SFL that need to be sorted and it will not be sorted through transfers alone. In my opinion, he needs to hire a new defensive coach as I do not see any cohesiveness when we are without the ball and this was also a massive issue for Derby as well. 

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

What does not fly this season?

1. That we integrated 5/6 youth players?

2. We lost the best pl player and one of the best in the world? Without being replaced?

3. We lost kante and pulisic to long term injuries?

4. We are in total transition, with complete change in system and style, along with even a change in the way the club works?

Which of these points am I exaggerating about?

By just integrating these youth players (mount, tomori, Reece, Tammy, Gilmour) along with rlc and cho, we have saved about 150million which we would have spend on squad players like bakayoko, zappacosta, michy, Drinkwater etc. 

This have made us go all out for first teamers of real quality in a time teams are unable to spend even a dime. 

On the football field, we have not been poor. We have been inconsistent which comes along with integration of youth. We beat man City in a wonderful performance and follow it up with whu. 

Our manager understands the issues defensively (removes Rudi and Alonso both of whom had shockers), but unfortunately their replacements are not great too. Hence the mega links with a CB and a LB. 

We are taking small, but sure steps in the right directions. Obviously in these circumstances there will be some setbacks. But in no way is this season a failure 

Well if we blow top 4 then its far from a succes either especially being in it all season. I have seen good things I can admit that, I can admit we have dregs, but I can also admit FL is overthinking too often, he does not know how to set up a defence, I have never seen a Chels defend like that in any season. Like I said I will give him next season but I highly doubt more forward power will hide our inability to defend and move as a unit, that requires better coaching. You cant just say well he is changing our style and thus we look like clowns, not at this level you can not. Lets see hope for the best, whats most crucial atm is we get CL spot, then we can talk about progress etc. Right now we have no vision, only tinkering after tinkering. SU does not have better personal than us, but we made them look like prime AM. Can more talented defenders help? Most definitely, can more talented defenders setup themselves tactically?Nno that comes from the manager, that's his damn job.

The back line needs an overhaul in 2 ways.

First, players who are capable of adequate play do not consistently play adequately. One of SHU’s goals yesterday was created by a cross in the box that Zouma could have prevented but simply didn’t try to stop. That kind of lapse in the back has been a problem all year. It’s why everyone blows so hot and cold about Zouma, Tomori, and Christensen. They look good, then bad, then good, then bad ... often in the same 15 min stretch. That seems like more of a mental discipline issue than a capability issue. That’s a coaching/motivation thing, IMO. The three of them could do the job (of 2 CBS) if they were each focused and disciplined all the time.

Second, the outside backs have different issues IMO. Azpi IMO has been the complete package in his prime, when he plays on the right. He is just getting older, and he is being asked to play on the left where he seems less capable offensively and less comfortable. He still knows how to defend but sometimes his age seems to show in little ways. He needs a capable backup who can defend. Alonso looked motivated to play a complete game yesterday. Sometimes he seems to lose interest at the defensive end. He will never be a lockdown defender but he can be adequate when he wants to be. His issue is like the CBs, and he needs a defensively capable backup too.

From my vantage point this team needs a coach (or an empowered assistant) who cares more about defense, someone who prioritises it. The minefield probably needs an injection of this idea as well, but that’s another issue. JMO.. 

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Because we're doing a complete 180 on our style of play and that takes serious time (even more so given we've effectively lost four world class players in that process, two to sale and a further two to decline/not fitting this system as well) and rebuilding with academy players.

You keep saying you want him to adapt to sort the defense out in the short term and stop us conceding goals, well Sarri did exactly that with his cautious possesion and you spent the whole season moaning about how boring it was.

It is going to take time. Sadly. And we cannot win every game. 

Onwards and upwards 👍

On 7/12/2020 at 3:13 AM, Laylabelle said:

3rd?! We'll be lucky lol. Just can't see Man U dropping points. Leicester maybe but I can't see us winning games other then Norwic...maybe wrong but today was piss poor. 

End of tommrow we could be 5th. Our goal difference also doesn't help us. Its shite.

76% of the ball..15 shots..4 on target yet we lost 3-0...its mad!!! They deserved the win..1-0 been nicer to look at though.

We are still 3rd 😁😀