Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Nah, you're just upset that your theory of Mikel "never fitting in our current system" under Jose went out of the window yesterday :P

You mean that theory where we lost the game?

Shit yeah forgot about that, where is my pen.

Nope Choulo, regardless how long the rivalry has went on, I'm the winnerz here,

Obama-Deal-With-It.jpg

You mean that theory where we lost the game?

Shit yeah forgot about that, where is my pen.

Nope Choulo, regardless how long the rivalry has went on, I'm the winnerz here,

Except he was voted MOTM by the vast majority of the forum so not only did he fit yesterday, but according to most people he was the one who fitted the most in Jose's system. And didn't you say he can only play well when we are being dominated and do nothing but defend while the opposition have the possession? Well we also had 65% possession yesterday, so there goes another theory, damn! I honestly think it's time to come up with a different theory. Try some of that manipulated statistics that Phill and bleed are on; that some powerful shit, man!

And be careful with that meme posting or you'll have to accuse yourself of destroying the forum and decreasing quality :rolleyes:

After 3rd Feb 2013, we have played 32 games. Mikel started 10 of these games.

Our results when Mikel started: 3 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats

Our results in the other 22 games: 17 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.

The 2 defeats when Mikel did not start: vs Rubin Kazan away when we were leading 2-1 before Mikel came on as sub and we lost 2-3 and the Super Cup defeat to Bayern on penalties.

A very sad day for democracy ,thanks for this stat bleed-blue (Fellow Chelsea fan) the only stat that I see as relevant .

We have seen such rubbish posted on here about action areas that were really an indication of where someone was standing on the pitch and a pass rate that slows us down and takes us nowhere.

Watch Mikel again on the Everton goal on Saturday ,if that is a DM I am Roman Abramovich ,Mikel commits himself and Osman plays around him then he ball watches (he has a habit of doing this) and leaves Osman who then plays a simple one two around Mikel and we are in trouble ,a good DM does not let that happen and it happens a lot with Obi as the stats that matta show.

The stats at the top of this page may not be a coincidence.

QjzrhFN.jpg

So true, its not the first time either...but can't really fault with Ramires .Sometimes he has it all to do on his own.

Let's face it, we don't have anyone like Makele or an in-form Essien in the squad.

Thus, another point for consideration...Do we really need midfield destroyers for every game? The game's changing and with 4-2-3-2 it makes sense to operate with CM's that are tactically astute, but are very good at keeping possession and spreading the play.

So true, its not the first time either...but can't really fault with Ramires .Sometimes he has it all to do on his own.

Let's face it, we don't have anyone like Makele or an in-form Essien in the squad.

Thus, another point for consideration...Do we really need midfield destroyers for every game? The game's changing and with 4-2-3-2 it makes sense to operate with CM's that are tactically astute, but are very good at keeping possession and spreading the play.

THAT !!!!!! . :blue scalf:

This Chelsea fans logic and know it doesnt have to be Ramires he plays with ,take your pick ...............

After 3rd Feb 2013, we have played 32 games. Mikel started 10 of these games.

Our results when Mikel started: 3 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats

Our results in the other 22 games: 17 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.

The 2 defeats when Mikel did not start: vs Rubin Kazan away when we were leading 2-1 before Mikel came on as sub and we lost 2-3 and the Super Cup defeat to Bayern on penalties.

@Phil Driver, I have got a nice little stat for you that proves this Mikel stat you keep rolling out is completely and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Before the Club World Cup last season these were our stats with and without Azpilicueta.

With Azpi: Won 3 Drew 4 Lost 4

May i note that in those 3 wins one of them in extra time, another to Wolves's B team and the other he came on when we were 4-1 up.

Without Azpi: Won 10 Drew 1 Lost 2

Now despite those stats he was widely regarded as one of our best players in the first 6 months, which just proves those stats alone can't be used as damning evidence against Mikel.

@Phil Driver, I have got a nice little stat for you that proves this Mikel stat you keep rolling out is completely and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Before the Club World Cup last season these were our stats with and without Azpilicueta.

With Azpi: Won 3 Drew 4 Lost 4

May i note that in those 3 wins one of them in extra time, another to Wolves's B team and the other he came on when we were 4-1 up.

Without Azpi: Won 10 Drew 1 Lost 2

Now despite those stats he was widely regarded as one of our best players in the first 6 months, which just proves those stats alone can't be used as damning evidence against Mikel.

Are you comparing a newly arrived player, completely inexperienced with the English game, with a player with about 250 appearances for the club?

Are you comparing a newly arrived player, completely inexperienced with the English game, with a player with about 250 appearances for the club?

Well who has come into English football and had stats that (on the face of it) look that bad? All im saying is their is more to it than just the mere results.

But even taking that point into consideration here is another example, Werder Breman last year with De Bruyne in it didn't win any of their last 12, then without him they win two in a row and only just lose to Dortmund in their 3rd.

Just seemed easier.

Well the point im trying to make above it all is it's unfair to use winning and losing stats against a player. Azpilicueta was one of our best players for those first six months despite the stats.

For the record im not convinced Mikel's anything more than a squad player, but it's very, very harsh to use winning/loosing stats against him. If Phil really wanted to tear him apart, maybe he should instead use stats to compare Mikel's individual game to that off his fellow midfielders in those games, instead of using the result's when he is one of eleven players.