Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean...how does one even go about defending that kind of miss???

I know he has missed lots of chances before but this is getting scary/ridiculous. Feels like he can't even do anything right when trying to score anymore. Maybe needs to see a sports psychologist or something...

I used to shoot like Werner for a couple of minutes during a warmup, after one and a half years of not playing football.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean...how does one even go about defending that kind of miss???

I know he has missed lots of chances before but this is getting scary/ridiculous. Feels like he can't even do anything right when trying to score anymore. Maybe needs to see a sports psychologist or something...

He did this for a long time now. I fail to see why people are surprised, and I'm being as genuine as I can. If you look at his miss compilation, then you'll see what I mean. 

Why do you think I was fuming when people were defending him, and making it seem like he is this undroppable player?

As I said before we should bench him. If not then I can see his misses costing us against tougher opposition like Man City or Porto.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Even with all the misses, one doesn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accident. But this? This has become a trainwreck. 

The majority of his goals were finding space behind the back line and shifting to the left. He won't find any space like that in the prem. RB also played to his strengths, where there was a lot of creativity in their midfield that supplied Werner. 

that miss was terrible but I think the one vs leeds where he literally hit the bar from 1m is worse. He has more open goal misses now than goals in the same period now.... no idea what is wrong with his head but he always used to have these barren patches. Not this barren tho and you would think he had matured....

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The majority of his goals were finding space behind the back line and shifting to the left. He won't find any space like that in the prem. RB also played to his strengths, where there was a lot of creativity in their midfield that supplied Werner. 

You're overcomplicating things, the amount of chances he's missed for us is a clear indication that space in behind is not an issue. The issue is his mentality, simple.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

He did this for a long time now. I fail to see why people are surprised, and I'm being as genuine as I can. If you look at his miss compilation, then you'll see what I mean. 

Why do you think I was fuming when people were defending him, and making it seem like he is this undroppable player?

As I said before we should bench him. If not then I can see his misses costing us against tougher opposition like Man City or Porto.

I am aware of the misses but the point is, he didn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accidents, meaning he knows how to finish at the very least even if it's not very consistent. But this...missing an open goal???

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He didn't score all the goals because he had lots of space to score. The finishing is inconsistent but if you see the goals that he scored, the kind of finishes with those goals, you can see the know-how is there. But now? It's like the "wires" in his head just get tangled up whenever there's a chance to score. 

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

You're overcomplicating things, the amount of chances he's missed for us is a clear indication that space in behind is not an issue. The issue is his mentality, simple.

To direct you to Jason's point, he scored 90 goals in 4 seasons. When you look at his goals, the majority of which were from the space behind the back line. 

The prem limits the space he finds with a low block, thus reducing the number of chances he'll get. Thus reducing the number of goals. 

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And I didn't won money on betting only because Germany tonight. If he scored that chance they would 99% win so thank you Timo 🤡

On another note, is anyone gonna talk about Rudiger's defending for Macedonia's 2nd goal?

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

To direct you to Jason's point, he scored 90 goals in 4 seasons. When you look at his goals, the majority of which were from the space behind the back line. 

The prem limits the space he finds with a low block, thus reducing the number of chances he'll get. Thus reducing the number of goals. 

The amount of space or lack of it isn't the issue. Even if one gets space to score, they still gotta know how to put the ball in the back of the net. Although inconsistent, he's shown that he can finish before but everything is a car crash right now.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I am aware of the misses but the point is, he didn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accidents, meaning he knows how to finish at the very least even if it's not very consistent. But this...missing an open goal???

You try to find logic and try to back up stats for why he is failing at Chelsea, but football is not all about stats mate. Football is 99% about a players mentality and he is mentally finished right now.

He is used to being the main man at a smaller club, and when he came to this club he was not ready to deal with the pressure. I'm giving him next season to prove himself as I do with every player that comes to Chelsea, however we can't rely on him at this moment. It was very easy to see that he should've been benched a while ago, not only for the benefit of the team but also for the benefit of his season. 

Just now, Jason said:

The amount of space or lack of it isn't the issue. Even if one gets space to score, they still gotta know how to put the ball in the back of the net. Although inconsistent, he's shown that he can finish before.

1 vs 1 situations against the GK was his biggest weakness after having bad technical abilities. 

Werner is top in the list of loosers right now.
There were three Greek players in the past like him. Dintsikos, Lakis, Okkas (Cypriot), all internationals.
One day Okkas received a fantastic pass from the Serbian Georgevitch, alone with the goalkeeper. The speaker goes "wow, what a fantastic ball through by the Serbian" then "uh-oh it's Okkas - forget it". True to form Okkas passed the ball tamely into the arms of the goalkeeper.
But nobody missed chances as badly as Werner does. Morata as Chelsea surely not. 

Edited by cosmicway

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can you back it up with stats of the amount of chances that were created for him last season compared to this season? I'm pretty sure it's not far off. 

I redirect you to my response to @Jason if you want to know what my opinion is of why he is failing this season. 

Dropping Werner for a while could actually help our creativity. at least havertz and ziyech are in form again. Add Pulisic or Mount to that and we are fairly fluent. God, I miss proper footy. Saturday can not come soon enough. International football is a cancer for us all but most of all for Timo Werner lol

1 minute ago, Azul said:

You try to find logic and try to back up stats for why he is failing at Chelsea, but football is not all about stats mate. Football is 99% about a players mentality and he is mentally finished right now.

Why do you think I mentioned he needs to see a sports psychologist or do something similar? I used his past stats as a proof that he knows how to score. The know-how is there, somewhere. The finishing was inconsistent in the past but now, it's just a trainwreck.