Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Timo Werner


Jase

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

As shit as he has been, 23m is massively under market value. But at least we get his bonkers wages off the book. Marina would have probably dragged this out forever and either got 40m for him or, more likely, the deal would have collapsed

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

As shit as he has been, 23m is massively under market value. But at least we get his bonkers wages off the book. Marina would have probably dragged this out forever and either got 40m for him or, more likely, the deal would have collapsed

The outrageous salary is the only reason for the fee being so low. There just isn't a big market for him at those wages so if we want him gone it's best to just accept whatever we can get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jype said:

The outrageous salary is the only reason for the fee being so low. There just isn't a big market for him at those wages so if we want him gone it's best to just accept whatever we can get.

As it has been with all our players. 

I wonder if we are giving high wages wit Todd? 

Because that hurts our ability to sell in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

As it has been with all our players. 

I wonder if we are giving high wages wit Todd? 

Because that hurts our ability to sell in the future. 

Sterling and Koulibaly are on around £300K/wk and saw some reports of Cucurella being on £120K/wk, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little higher because it was a very big transfer. No reports so far on the future prospects Chukwuemeka and Slonina.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

Sterling and Koulibaly are on around £300K/wk and saw some reports of Cucurella being on £120K/wk, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little higher because it was a very big transfer. No reports so far on the future prospects Chukwuemeka and Slonina.

Koulibaly is 180K I thought?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Koulibaly is 180K I thought?

Nah. Most sources (Romano, Di Marzio etc.) placed him around ‚ā¨10M a year net after taxes, which is around ¬£300K a week.

Could be some inaccuracies in the figures reported of course, but should be in that ballpark.

Edited by Jype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

Nah. Most sources (Romano, Di Marzio etc.) placed him around ‚ā¨10M a year net after taxes, which is around ¬£300K a week.

Could be some inaccuracies in the figures reported of course, but should be in that ballpark.

For Sterling, I understand, he is supposed to be our new star man but K2 is 31

But at least we do not need to be worried about our ability to sell him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

For Sterling, I understand, he is supposed to be our new star man but K2 is 31

But at least we do not need to be worried about our ability to sell him.

Koulibaly was already on high wages at Napoli and has been rated as one of the best defenders for years so it makes sense for him to get a pay rise in his last big contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not happy he's leaving, but understand it's going to be hard for him with Sterling as a starter. I'd still rather keep Werner and let Pulisic go.

Fans are weird sometimes: this guy came in improved work rate, team chemistry, and helped win the biggest silverware there is. Who cares about individual numbers? We can't compete with city as equals they will always outplay and outscore us esp with the best 9 there is today.

The only way to compete at this level is via teamwork and hard working at that. I suspect the new owner does not understand this well enough and we will struggle for a few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I am not happy he's leaving, but understand it's going to be hard for him with Sterling as a starter. I'd still rather keep Werner and let Pulisic go.

Fans are weird sometimes: this guy came in improved work rate, team chemistry, and helped win the biggest silverware there is. Who cares about individual numbers? We can't compete with city as equals they will always outplay and outscore us esp with the best 9 there is today.

The only way to compete at this level is via teamwork and hard working at that. I suspect the new owner does not understand this well enough and we will struggle for a few years.

So so bullshit.
thats why City buying Halland to get more numbers upfront. Similar with LFC. Spurs already have Son&Kane.
We bought Werner because he scored goals in Lipsk. Not to make a wind....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

So so bullshit.
thats why City buying Halland to get more numbers upfront. Similar with LFC. Spurs already have Son&Kane.
We bought Werner because he scored goals in Lipsk. Not to make a wind....

well, you may think that and I think you don't seem to understand why and how we won the CL. You would prob describe a lot of our players as "making wind" then. In my book, football is a team sport.

Halland does not get "numbers upfront." He's a special player -- best in the world in his position.

They already had a strong side which consistently outplays the opposition. We beat them with high work rate, and Werner played a part in that.

BTW, I'm totally making a prediction. We shall see whether that's right or wrong.
I think we will struggle for several years and our moves in the transfer market are starting to look like United right now: no plan just marquee signings.

 

Edited by robsblubot
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

well, you may think that and I think you don't seem to understand why and how we won the CL. You would prob describe a lot of our players as "making wind" then. In my book, football is a team sport.

Halland does not get "numbers upfront." He's a special player -- best in the world in his position.

They already had a strong side which consistently outplays the opposition. We beat them with high work rate, and Werner played a part in that.

BTW, I'm totally making a prediction. We shall see whether that's right or wrong.
I think we will struggle for several years and our moves in the transfer market are starting to look like United right now: no plan just marquee signings.

 

how our moves like man united?

we buy good players and needed players...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mário César said:

how our moves like man united?

we buy good players and needed players...

All of our players are good players. They don't get to this level by being bad.
I'm questioning the characteristics of them and how they will work together.

City, for example, always has a plan. They buy specific players who can play in a certain way with specific characteristics. Yes, they fuck up once in a while (prob a shirt-selling signing here and there), but there is always a plan.

Edited by robsblubot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

BTW, I'm totally making a prediction. We shall see whether that's right or wrong.
I think we will struggle for several years and our moves in the transfer market are starting to look like United right now: no plan just marquee signings.

 

Don't agree. Last season yes, we lazily looked at the top line instead of going after Sterling (reading between the lines of The Athletic article he'd have been available last summer too).

This summer despite being linked with a lot of players almost all of them i could identify with how they fit the best version of our system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Don't agree. Last season yes, we lazily looked at the top line instead of going after Sterling (reading between the lines of The Athletic article he'd have been available last summer too).

This summer despite being linked with a lot of players almost all of them i could identify with how they fit the best version of our system.

I hope you are right and I can certainly see the expectation that Sterling will bring what he learned at City and do the same for us (high work rate so we don't lose much there). On the other hand, he may show a different demeanor as the star player now.

Yeah maybe I am more pessimistic about the players we've been linked to, and I sure hope to be wrong TBH. Just don't see the type of signings we did before (Koulibaly was a weird signing to me)... IMO we need to bet in a few hungry players even if most of them don't come good.

Edited by robsblubot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...