Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he was the finished article and this is happening, I'd be very concerned (and not talking about him missing chances). But he isn't. He hasn't been great and consistent but he hasn't been a complete disaster either and there are good qualities that he has and things he can work on to improve his overall play. If we're still seeing the same issues this time next season, then we can look at what to do with him in the transfer window etc. Just don't understand this thing about writing players off after only a season every time. 

I didn't mention once that he should be sold this summer, I just want him to get benched for now. I don't know why he seems to be in everyone's line-up every single week ffs. Give players like Puli and CHO a chance in his position and I'm sure they'll offer more than what he does in his position at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

I didn't mention once that he should be sold this summer, I just want him to get benched for now. I don't know why he seems to be in everyone's line-up every single week ffs. Give players like Puli and CHO a chance in his position and I'm sure they'll offer more than what he does in his position at the moment.

Does it matter what everyone put in their line-up though? It's Tuchel who ultimately picks the team after all.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does it matter what everyone put in their line-up though? It's Tuchel who ultimately picks the team after all.

Both matter, because I find it interesting to understand where fans are coming from. We are on a forum to discuss with eachother on what our opinion is right? 

I really think Tuchel has been brought to get Havertz and Werner playing well. Do I have the evidence for it? No, however there shouldn't be a good enough reason for Werner to start week in week out providing everyone's fit.

7 minutes ago, Azul said:

Both matter, because I find it interesting to understand where fans are coming from. We are on a forum to discuss with eachother on what our opinion is right? 

Yeah but the views have always been different and we just end up going in circles anyway. lol

24 minutes ago, Azul said:

I'm not writing him off, I say give him another season. However he should be benched right now, other players like Pulisic are unhappy because they haven't even gotten the opportunity he has.

Unhappy according to whom? I'll ask you two questions. One,  what warrants him to start over Werner? He fails to make any impact when he is given the opportunity? Havertz seized his opportunity Monday. We got nothing close to that from Pulisic and Ziyech. And two, if a player who is allegedly unhappy for lack of game time, when said player is doing nothing with the opportunities he's given, is this bad apple even worth having in the dressing room? 

We've been undefeated since Tuchel has been appointed, with Werner leading our attack. The outrage is premature. 

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Unhappy according to whom? I'll ask you two questions. One,  what warrants him to start over Werner? He fails to make any impact when he is given the opportunity? Havertz seized his opportunity Monday. We got nothing close to that from Pulisic and Ziyech. And two, if a player who is allegedly unhappy for lack of game time, when said player is doing nothing with the opportunities he's given, is this bad apple even worth having in the dressing room? 

We've been undefeated since Tuchel has been appointed, with Werner leading our attack. The outrage is premature. 

Unhappy according to Fabrizio Romano today. 

I want to ask you a question and please answer me. Do you believe in being matchfit? If so doesn't Pulisic deserve a full match to show his abilities in the Prem? Why judge him when he gets 10 minutes, after he comes off the bench? Furthermore, it's not like Werner is doing much to deserve to start in this team! 5 and 8 assists goals in 27 games in the Premier League!

P.S. we've been undefeated because of how we're defending, and everyone knows we've been struggling to score lately. I blame that largely on Werner to be honest.

Edited by Azul

When people mention the fact that Pulisic has to prove himself in the limited game time he has, it really shows a lack of IQ. Werner hasn't shown enough with the abundance of game time he's had, so why not criticise him but criticise Pulisic even though he comes off the bench and isn't even match fit? It's just mindboggling to be honest.

Edited by Azul

7 minutes ago, Azul said:

I want to ask you a question and please answer me. Do you believe in being matchfit? If so doesn't Pulisic deserve a full match to show his abilities in the Prem? Why judge him when he get's 10 minutes, after he comes off the bench? Furthermore, it's not like Werner is doing much to deserve to start in this team! 5 and 8 assists goals in 27 games in the Premier League!

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

When people mention the fact that Pulisic has to prove himself in the limited game time he has, it really shows a lack of IQ. Werner hasn't shown enough with the abundance of game time he's had, so why not criticise him but criticise Pulisic even though he comes off the bench and isn't even match fit? It's just mindboggling to be honest.

I'll direct you to @Jason response to you in the Pulisic thread. Werner didn't start against Wolves or United, and neither did Pulisic. Someone with an IQ would understand this isn't a case of Werner preventing Pulisic from the starting XI.

Why would Tuchel have some agenda of not playing Pulisic, a player he himself brought up at Dortmund, unless Pulisic isn't showing enough to warrant a starting position? 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'll direct you to @Jason response you to the Pulisic thread. Werner didn't start against Wolves or United, and neither did Pulisic. Someone with an IQ would understand this isn't a case of Werner preventing Pulisic from teh starting XI.

Why would Tuchel have some agenda of not playing Pulisic, a player he himself brought up at Dortmund, unless Pulisic isn't showing enough to warrant a starting position? 

Are you serious right now? You mention 2 games out of the 11 we've had? That proves my point even more. I'm also not surprised that you have failed to answer my questions. Bravo, just bravo sigh....

Werner is preventing Pulisic from the starting XI, because they're playing in the same position! Werner even came off for Pulisic against Everton.

Also who said anything about Tuchel having agenda against Pulisic? I love how people are trying to put words in my mouth, it's not going to work. Tuchel probably benches Pulisic because he is tasked to bring the best out of Werner by the board, according the likes of Matt Law and Simon Johnson. 

I don't think it has to do with Pulisic not being good enough or worse than Werner. 

Please next time when you respond to me, answer my questions. I'm nice enough to answer yours mate.

Edited by Azul

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

Are you serious right now? You mention 2 games out of the 11 we've had? That proves my point even more. I'm also not surprised that you have failed to answer my questions. Bravo, just bravo sigh....

The point that Pulisic is last in the pecking order? 

11 minutes ago, Azul said:

Werner is preventing Pulisic from the starting XI, because they're playing in the same position! Werner even came off for Pulisic against Everton.

Hmmm, probably because CHO  was playing LW against Everton and came off for Mount. So again, looks like CHO is also preventing Pulisic from playing...

12 minutes ago, Azul said:

Also who said anything about Tuchel having agenda against Pulisic? I love how people are trying to put words in my mout, it's not going to work. Tuchel probably benches Pulisic because he is tasked to bring the best out of Werner by the board, according the likes of Matt Law and Simon Johnson. 

I don't think it has to do with Pulisic not being good enough or worse than Werner. 

Is Tuchel also tasked by the club to bring the best out of Mount, Ziyech and CHO, who have had more game time than Pulisic? 

14 minutes ago, Azul said:

Please next time when you respond to me, answer my questions. I'm nice enough to answer yours mate.

Do you believe in being matchfit? If so doesn't Pulisic deserve a full match to show his abilities in the Prem?

I believe that. I also believe the season doesn't end tomorrow, and there are plenty of opportunities remaining for Pulisic to make an impact. 

Why judge him when he get's 10 minutes, after he comes off the bench?   

I'm not judging him off of 10 minutes, I'm judging him from the entire season, where he's been a shadow of the player he was. 

it's not like Werner is doing much to deserve to start in this team! 5 and 8 assists goals in 27 games in the Premier League!  

Werner since Tuchel's been appointed. 

+Won the penalty against Spurs

+ Won the penalty against Sheffield + assisted the second. 

+ Scored and Assisted against Newcastle 

+ Scored against Liverpool that should of stood 

You can clearly see why Tuchel continues to pick him as Werner has impacted nearly 70% of the games he's played under Tuchel. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The point that Pulisic is last in the pecking order? 

Hmmm, probably because CHO  was playing LW against Everton and came off for Mount. So again, looks like CHO is also preventing Pulisic from playing...

Is Tuchel also tasked by the club to bring the best out of Mount, Ziyech and CHO, who have had more game time than Pulisic?

Do you believe in being matchfit? If so doesn't Pulisic deserve a full match to show his abilities in the Prem?

I believe that. I also believe the season doesn't end tomorrow, and there are plenty of opportunities remaining for Pulisic to make an impact. 

Why judge him when he get's 10 minutes, after he comes off the bench?   

I'm not judging him off of 10 minutes, I'm judging him from the entire season, where he's been a shadow of the player he was. 

it's not like Werner is doing much to deserve to start in this team! 5 and 8 assists goals in 27 games in the Premier League!  

Werner since Tuchel's been appointed. 

+Won the penalty against Spurs

+ Won the penalty against Sheffield + assisted the second. 

+ Scored and Assisted against Newcastle 

+ Scored against Liverpool that should of stood 

You can clearly see why Tuchel continues to pick him as Werner has impacted nearly 70% of the games he's played under Tuchel. 

Nope the point that Werner played a lot of games. By the way Werner got dropped against United for tactical reasons, hence why Ziyech played. It wouldn't make sense for Pulisic to play that game, when he needed a player of Ziyech's attributes. Werner and Pulisic are similar that's why both were dropped.

If CHO, Mount and Havertz play together then I have no problem. I rate CHO and I believe he offers more than Werner as well.

"Is Tuchel also tasked by the club to bring the best out of Mount, Ziyech and CHO, who have had more game time than Pulisic?"

Nothing was said about that, so why ask that question? There's no reason for whataboutism right now. I gave you two reliable sources in Matt Law and Simon Johnson that Tuchel is tasked to bring the best out of Kai and Werner. Are you saying that you deny these claims? If so, just say that instead of asking me a vague question that has nothing to do with the topic.

Let's hope there's plenty of time for Pulisic or CHO to get more chances on the left instead of Werner. 

Let's be real, after saying that Pulisic "has done nothing when he came on", you're judging him on the minimal minutes he's played under Tuchel. Pulisic has been injured majority of the first part of the season when Lampard was our manager. So let's judge him when he's been fit, which is this last month.

All those goal contributions you named is laughable, the standards have dropped massively. He missed so many chances under Tuchel and you can't deny that.

You mentioned Spurs, Sheffield, Newcastle and Liverpool. In those games, I can only say he had a good game against Sheffield and Newcastle. In the Liverpool game he had two clear chances to score after the offside goal and he missed them, and against Spurs he was wasteful as well even though he won a penalty.

Now tell me how he did against Everton, Atletico, Soton and Burnley?

Werner impacted 70% of the games he's played under Tuchel? Where did you get that stat from?

Edited by Azul

19 minutes ago, Azul said:

Nope the point that Werner played a lot of games. By the way Werner got dropped against United for tactical reasons, hence why Ziyech played. It wouldn't make sense for Pulisic to play that game, when he needed a player of Ziyech's attributes. Werner and Pulisic are similar that's why both were dropped.

Really is ironic you criticizing other members for having an apparent lack of IQ when you make remarks like this. Please enlighten me how they are similar when one player plays between the lines and makes direct runs behind the defence, while the other is indirect by checking towards the ball and then takes players on. 

"Is Tuchel also tasked by the club to bring the best out of Mount, Ziyech and CHO, who have had more game time than Pulisic?"

Nothing was said about that, so why ask that question? There's no reason for whataboutism right now. I gave you two reliable sources in Matt Law and Simon Johnson that Tuchel is tasked to bring the best out of Kai and Werner. Are you saying that you deny these claims? If so, just say that instead of asking me a vague question that has nothing to do with the topic.

Of course he's asked to bring the best out of those two. That's sort of a manager's job. To bring out the best in his players. My point is what does that have to do with Pulisic not being selected over Mount, Ziyech, and CHO? 

All those goal contributions you named is laughable, the standards have dropped massively. He missed so many chances under Tuchel and you can't deny that.

Ah yes, the standards of being unbeaten since Tuchel arrived and only conceding 2 goals. Oh how the mighty standards have fallen. 

You mentioned Spurs, Sheffield, Newcastle and Liverpool. In those games, I can only say he had a good game against Sheffield and Newcastle. In the Liverpool game he had two clear chances to score after the offside goal and he missed them, and against Spurs he was wasteful as well even though he won a penalty.

Werner impacted 70% of the games he's played under Tuchel? Where did you get that stat from?

I thought @Mana was OTT with his comments, but at least he was complaining when we were actually shit. You on the other hand are nitpicking on a manager's decision to bench a certain player as if performances and results are not going in our favor. Finishing in the Top 4 looked like an impossibility a month ago, we are now favorites to finish 2nd. And yet you complain 😂

Werner has started 9 games under Tuchel, contributing to 6 goals total (as I referenced above). 6/9 = 67% or 70% 

As myself, Jason, and others have alluded to, you aren't seeing the bigger picture at all with Werner, and why the Morata comparisons are well OTT. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Really is ironic you criticizing other members for having an apparent lack of IQ when you make remarks like this. Please enlighten me how they are similar when one player plays between the lines and makes direct runs behind the defence, while the other is indirect by checking towards the ball and then takes players on. 

Of course he's asked to bring the best out of those two. That's sort of a manager's job. To bring out the best in his players. My point is what does that have to do with Pulisic not being selected over Mount, Ziyech, and CHO? 

Ah yes, the standards of being unbeaten since Tuchel arrived and only conceding 2 goals. Oh how the mighty standards have fallen. 

I thought @Mana was OTT with his comments, but at least he was complaining when we were actually shit. You on the other hand are nitpicking on a manager's decision to bench a certain player as if performances and results are not going in our favor. Finishing in the Top 4 looked like an impossibility a month ago, we are now favorites to finish 2nd. And yet you complain 😂

Werner has started 9 games under Tuchel, contributing to 6 goals total (as I referenced above). 6/9 = 67% or 70% 

As myself, Jason, and others have alluded to, you aren't seeing the bigger picture at all with Werner, and why the Morata comparisons are well OTT. 

They are both similar in the sense that they are both inside forwards. Pulisic's fundamental skills are ahead of Werners though. Why do you think Klopp was interested in Pulisic way before Werner? Do you really think that is by chance? It's because he has the abilities of an inside forward and thats why he had the same amount of goals in the restart of Prem last season than Werner has in 27 Prem games this season.

"Of course he's asked to bring the best out of those two. That's sort of a manager's job. To bring out the best in his players. My point is what does that have to do with Pulisic not being selected over Mount, Ziyech, and CHO"

This is why I decided criticised some members IQ. Ziyech has been brought in to play a completely different role, which is to use his passing range, so why would Pulisic play instead of him against United and Liverpool? It makes zero sense. Furthermore, the same goes for Mount. He plays a different role, which is to help the double sixes with the press as well as bringing the ball forward from midfield to attack. Pulisic can do the latter however he is physically too weak to defend and hinder the opposition like Mason does, there's no one else that can do that. Lastly, CHO has played as a wingback for most of the season. Playing Pulisic there is never going to work because he is defensively not good enough.

"Ah yes, the standards of being unbeaten since Tuchel arrived and only conceding 2 goals. Oh how the mighty standards have fallen."

No the standards that Werner is good enough to start week in week out after missing clear chances so many times this season. Also after having 5 goals in 27 games this season. No idea why you mentioned Tuchels record, it has nothing to do with what I said. I criticise Werner, and not the coach's accomplishments.

"Finishing in the Top 4 looked like an impossibility a month ago, we are now favorites to finish 2nd. And yet you complain"

I'm criticising a player that is underperforming mate, stop trying to flip this into me not appreciating what Tuchel's doing. I was the first to say Lampard out and Tuchel in. Stay on the Werner topic. 

"Werner has started 9 games under Tuchel, contributing to 6 goals total (as I referenced above). 6/9 = 67% or 70% "

You're not the brightest are you? This is not how you calculate his impact. He started 8 matches, and in those 8 matches 12 goals were scored. He contributed to 5 goals out of those 12 that were scored. Which means his impact is (5/12)= 41.7%. Before criticising my IQ, learn how to calculate bro😂 

P.S. I didn't compare him to Morata.

Edited by Azul

32 minutes ago, Azul said:

They are both similar in the sense that they are both inside forwards. Pulisic's fundamental skills are ahead of Werners though. Why do you think Klopp was interested in Pulisic way before Werner? Do you really think that is by chance? It's because he has the abilities of an inside forward and thats why he had the same amount of goals in the restart of Prem last season than Werner has in 27 Prem games this season.

So because they are both inside forwards, negates the fact they are both complete opposites in their attacking play? One being direct and the other indirect? Is Giroud then similar to Mbappe because they are both ST's? What kind of logic is that? Both offer something completely different, which is essentially the point.

43 minutes ago, Azul said:

This is why I decided criticised some members IQ. Ziyech has been brought in to play a completely different role, which is to use his passing range, so why would Pulisic play instead of him against United and Liverpool? It makes zero sense. Furthermore, the same goes for Mount. He plays a different role, which is to help the double sixes with the press as well as bringing the ball forward from midfield to attack. Pulisic can do the latter however he is physically too weak to defend and hinder the opposition like Mason does, there's no one else that can do that. Lastly, CHO has played as a wingback for most of the season. Playing Pulisic there is never going to work because he is defensively not good enough.

Again, irony. The fact you genuinely think Pulisic and Werner offer the same thing, makes your whole argument collapse before it even began. 

50 minutes ago, Azul said:

"Ah yes, the standards of being unbeaten since Tuchel arrived and only conceding 2 goals. Oh how the mighty standards have fallen."

No the standards that Werner is good enough to start week in week out after missing clear chances so many times this season. Also after having 5 goals in 27 games this season. No idea why you mentioned Tuchels record, it has nothing to do with what I said. I criticise Werner, and not the coach's accomplishments.

It has everything to do with Tuchel, because our unbeaten record has come with Werner leading our line. A decision you find incorrect. 

I reiterate, if you do not see what Werner offers as a whole, that's understandable. To question the decision from the manager, when everything has worked in our favor so far, bears no reason to become this over dramatic. 

53 minutes ago, Azul said:

"Finishing in the Top 4 looked like an impossibility a month ago, we are now favorites to finish 2nd. And yet you complain"

I'm criticising a player that is underperforming mate, stop trying to flip this into me not appreciating what Tuchel's doing. I was the first to say Lampard out and Tuchel in. Stay on the Werner topic. 

See post above. 

55 minutes ago, Azul said:

"Werner has started 9 games under Tuchel, contributing to 6 goals total (as I referenced above). 6/9 = 67% or 70% "

You're not the brightest are you? This is not how you calculate his impact. He started 9 matches, and in those 9 matches 12 goals were scored. He contributed to 5 goals out of those 12 that were scored. Which means his impact is (5/12)= 41.7%. Before criticising my IQ, learn how to calculate bro😂 

P.S. I didn't compare him to Morata.

How are winning penalties for the team, penalties you've solely won by playing off the back line and making direct runs. , not impacting the team? 

15 hours ago, Azul said:

I want to ask you a question and please answer me. Do you believe in being matchfit? If so doesn't Pulisic deserve a full match to show his abilities in the Prem? Why judge him when he gets 10 minutes, after he comes off the bench? Furthermore, it's not like Werner is doing much to deserve to start in this team! 5 and 8 assists goals in 27 games in the Premier League!

P.S. we've been undefeated because of how we're defending, and everyone knows we've been struggling to score lately. I blame that largely on Werner to be honest.

one difference between Pulisic and Werner is that one of them is not made of glass.

Pulisic is in danger of dropping a tier... he needs to stay fit. Injuries take a toll, esp muscle ones.

On 10/03/2021 at 20:58, MoroccanBlue said:

So because they are both inside forwards, negates the fact they are both complete opposites in their attacking play? One being direct and the other indirect? Is Giroud then similar to Mbappe because they are both ST's? What kind of logic is that? Both offer something completely different, which is essentially the point.

Again, irony. The fact you genuinely think Pulisic and Werner offer the same thing, makes your whole argument collapse before it even began. 

It has everything to do with Tuchel, because our unbeaten record has come with Werner leading our line. A decision you find incorrect. 

I reiterate, if you do not see what Werner offers as a whole, that's understandable. To question the decision from the manager, when everything has worked in our favor so far, bears no reason to become this over dramatic. 

See post above. 

How are winning penalties for the team, penalties you've solely won by playing off the back line and making direct runs. , not impacting the team? 

When Werner does not score, he does not offer enough. My point is that Pulisic can offer the things Werner can at the moment and more. Which is obviously not registering in your brain at the moment. Comparing Mbappe and Giroud is a stretch because they are polar opposites, so you're basically trying to create a narrative that Pulisic can not make good runs, score, position himself etc.

"Again, irony. The fact you genuinely think Pulisic and Werner offer the same thing, makes your whole argument collapse before it even began."

Point somewhere where I said that they offer the exact same thing, and they have the same attributes? I don't know if you're deluded or a professional in putting words in people's mouths. I'm saying that AT THIS VERY MOMENT Werner does not offer enough when he does not contribute to goals. Pulisic can do the same things he can, because Werner is garbage at the moment. Can Pulisic make simple runs, like for example Werner made against Everton? Ofcourse, any footballer with a brain can. Would he be able to score those chances? I'd bet my money that Pulisic would score over Werner at the moment. Besides positioning and pace, Werner has nothing going for him at the moment I'm sorry to break it to you. Pulisic on the other hand has more qualities. His passing, dribbling, link-up play, and ball control are all better fundamentally. Now, to add to that, Werner's finishing right now is pants. Would Pulisic miss as many chances as he did? Heck no, so he even got finishing over him at this very moment. 

Let me say this again, are they the exact same player? No they do play in the same position, which is the inside forward/ double 10 position in a 3-4-3. Would Pulisic offer the same things Timo has, based on how bad Timo's form been? In my opinion 100%. Would Pulisic even offer more? Again, in my opinion yes he would. If you disagree with that, then we agree to disagree innit. However don't try to put words in my mouth by making it seem that I said that they're exactly the same player.

Also the fact that you try to make it seem like I criticise Tuchels progress as a Chelsea manager is nonsense. I'm criticising Werner, Tuchel is the one that is tasked by the board(as per Simon Johnson/Matt Law aka the best sources) to bring the best out of him. So do I blame Tuchel for doing his job? No. Do I criticise how Werner is playing at the moment, and give facts to the fans who defend him? Yes. 

It's the fact that people that defend Timo Werner think that he's been undroppable, which really annoys me. 

How are winning penalties for the team, penalties you've solely won by playing off the back line and making direct runs. , not impacting the team? 

So after I showed your flaws in mathematics, you decided to not take the L but to put even more words in my mouth. My goodness, you're like a politician😂 I never said he had zero impact in the team, but I just exposed your exaggeration of him having a 67-70% impact on all the matches he's played in under Tuchel. Those 5 goal contributions I mentioned, included the penalties he's won.

I'd like to conclude by saying, we agree to disagree. It seems like your opinion of Werner's position in the team is not wavering, the same with mine. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Azul

On 09/03/2021 at 06:13, killer1257 said:

Tuchel today was furious with Werner. He was shouting at him and it was so funny😂. He once said something like this:"Timo, since when are you playing for us? You have to play on the right side, but the only thing I see is that you've been playing on the left for 15 minutes" 

Tuchel was asked about that incident...

https://www.goal.com/en/news/do-you-not-understand-tuchel-explains-why-he-told-off/b80a2js3rsrf1jqfguvtv98zz

"It was very direct, and at the moment without spectators, things like this can get out there," Tuchel told reporters at Cobham Training Centre. "I was aware [of the video] because people around me showed me.

"We reminded Timo to rejoin his position on the right because he was on the left too long. Switching positions is not a problem but we wanted Callum [Hudson-Odoi] on the left and Timo on the right side to make things easier for him. We reminded him but it was not an insult or aggressive. It was direct.

"I know what you mean but in the end, if it is respectful and not insulting each other [it is fine]. I have no problem with the players being direct to me and sometimes on the sideline, the coaches are in a game mode where things are direct and meant to be clear.

"Sometimes things are not pronounced in the most friendly or nice way. I agree but me and the players are in a game mode. I have the feeling that no one takes it too personally. It is about passing information. This is it."

On 10/03/2021 at 19:58, NikkiCFC said:

We need to have a couple of German players in the squad to make Kai happy and comfy. Timo, Rudi and we may go for Ginter/Sule.

Cant engineer squad dynamics like this. I am not for coddling Havertz with a German group at Chelsea. Neither Ginter or Sule are top of the CB list either