Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Well we will definitely now everything next week so you guys can sleep well soon. I do not really care about official presentation expect to see Marina outfit :chai:

Dirty bastards. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

His release clause expires in 8 days so it has to be next week.

I guess the deal has to be done by next week if its not completed already. But announced could be by the end of the season. Many clubs keep this until season is done to avoid any unrest by players, fans etc. Leipzig is still fighting for top 4 and they proly want full fans support for their players including Werner. 

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I guess the deal has to be done by next week if its not completed already. But announced could be by the end of the season. Many clubs keep this until season is done to avoid any unrest by players, fans etc. Leipzig is still fighting for top 4 and they proly want full fans support for their players including Werner. 

But on the flip side, announcing it early would give everyone clarity and a peace of mind, instead of continuing weeks of silly speculation. We did that with the Pulisic and Ziyech deals, for example. And the fans bit wouldn't even matter in this case since no fans are even allowed into stadiums. 

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

But on the flip side, announcing it early would give everyone clarity and a peace of mind, instead of continuing weeks of silly speculation. We did that with the Pulisic and Ziyech deals, for example. And the fans bit wouldn't even matter in this case since no fans are even allowed into stadiums. 

Do you guys seriously think there is a chance we pay the clause next week and we do not know about this? Not a chance...

If there was any desire to keep this deal on the hush to avoid loss of focus etc then we probably wouldn't even know about the agreement of contract with Werner.  I'd be inclined to think that once the clause is paid, there will be some sort of confirmation

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Sorry to disappoint you guys. I am not his doctor emoji849.png

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

:lol: Come to think of it, surprised you didn't list that as one of his weaknesses on your list!

You have been one, TBF. [emoji185]

I would say that I am a sceptic individual [emoji41]. A hater would be if I disliked him for no reason. I have nothing against the dude. I actually think he is a likeable guy, when he makes his interviews . I am just sceptic if he is the right fit for us. Because when I look at for instance a LW or a CF, I look for other characteristics.

On 08/06/2020 at 1:41 PM, killer1257 said:

I would say that I am a sceptic individual emoji41.png. A hater would be if I disliked him for no reason. I have nothing against the dude. I actually think he is a likeable guy, when he makes his interviews . I am just sceptic if he is the right fit for us. Because when I look at for instance a LW or a CF, I look for other characteristics.

What 10 CF's would you choose for us? In order. Money is no object, clubs are no barrier, this is just pure buy ratings if expense is removed as a barrier. None can be 29yo and up, so only 28yo and under, as there is zero chance we would drop huge cash on a player who is already 30 or turns 30 this coming season (like Griezmann, Lewa, Immobile, Cavani, Aubameyang, etc are all no goes.) Kane (too much hate and I think he might be starting to decline, especially injuries wise, this season upcoming is make or break for that) and Firmino (barely makes age cut, if he was 4 months older he would not) are allowed, but I refuse to put them in the list for me.

on edit I so forgot Rashford

1. Mbappe

2. Håland

3. Havertz (I know, he plays all over, why do you think I want him so badly, lolol)

4. Lautaro Martinez

5. Werner

6. Rashford (I could see flipping him with Werner, but Werner guts the nod at 5 for now)

7. Dybala

8.  Calvert-Lewin 

9. Icardi

10. Richarlison

Bonus SS João Félix

Gabriel Jesus drops out of the top 10 due to Rashford add

Brilliant Werner was mocked by team-mates and called a ‘son of a whore’ by fans

https://theathletic.com/1854014/2020/06/07/werner-timo-chelsea-leipzig-germany-stuttgart-honigstein/

Brilliant Werner was mocked by team-mates and called a 'son of a ...

Marc Kienle can never forget the first impression Timo Werner made on him: right on his nose. The former Stuttgart youth coach is laughing as he recounts going in goal during a practice session with Werner and other 12-year-olds.

“He stepped up… and thumped the ball straight into my face,” Kienle tells The Athletic. “I didn’t want to show how much it hurt but came away thinking, ‘Man, that kid has some shot on him’.”

It’s one Chelsea fans will no doubt get used to seeing very soon.

As the son of former professional Gunther Schuh (German for “shoe”) and growing up in Stuttgart’s Bad Cannstatt district, just a few minutes from the Bundesliga club’s headquarters — Werner perhaps had a better-than-average chance of making it in the game. Schuh spent countless hours working on the boy’s shooting skills in the green hills surrounding the city until he was discovered and signed up by Stuttgart at the age of six.

Werner (who plays under his mother’s surname) was a veritable wunderkind, even then.

“He was physically much more advanced than his peers; unbelievably quick and dynamic. Opponents found it impossible to live with his runs and calmness in front of goal. He just wanted to score goals as if his life depended on it,” Kienle says.

The ex-Stuttgart player was in charge of the under-17s and under-19s during the forward’s formative years but often conducted special technical drills with younger players. Werner’s natural goalscoring ability at 12 wasn’t immediately matched by his ball skills, however.

“He had problems juggling the ball as often as the other kids did and couldn’t live up to the club’s standards in that respect but we gave him a pass because of his sensational runs and finishing. And to be fair to him, the next time I worked with him again a few weeks later, it was obvious that he had worked hard to improve his technique.”

Werner’s explosiveness was such that he frequently lined up with kids two years older than him. Three days after his 15th birthday, he debuted in Kienle’s under-17s, an extraordinarily-gifted group that included Joshua Kimmich and Serge Gnabry (now both at Bayern Munich), Benfica goalkeeper Odysseas Vlachodimos and Rani Khedira (Augsburg), the younger brother of future World Cup winner Sami Khedira (Juventus).

He scored seven goals in 10 appearances in his first season, then 24 in 24 in his second, with his father watching on at every game and almost every training session as well. “When Timo didn’t find the net in a game, he’d get very upset,” Kienle says. “You could point out to him that he’d actually performed well but that cut no ice. He was simply inconsolable unless he got on the scoresheet. That made him so different, so special.”

“It was difficult not to see his talent,” Bruno Labbadia said a few years ago. Now-Hertha Berlin coach Labbadia gave Werner his professional debut at the age of 17 in a Europa League qualification game away to Botev Plovdiv of Bulgaria in August 2013. Stuttgart’s youngest-ever Bundesliga debutant scored five goals in 35 games in his first season, playing mostly as a winger, and immediately became a hero with the crowd. The fans were excited about another real Stuttgarter making waves, having lost Mario Gomez and Sami Khedira to Bayern and Real Madrid respectively. No one had any doubt Werner would blossom into a Germany international as well. “There won’t be any stopping him,” said Stuttgart’s captain at the time, Christian Gentner.

Werner was a typical product of the German academy system: low-maintenance, uncomplicated and completely unremarkable off the pitch. There was no trouble — no fast cars, no dalliances with Instagram models. His family made sure his budding career didn’t put a stop to his education. With the club’s help, they ensured he passed his A levels when he was already an established Bundesliga forward.

Unfortunately for Werner, his emergence coincided with Stuttgart’s sporting demise. His form wavered amid the turmoil of three chaotic seasons which saw the 2006-07 champions slip progressively further down the table and seven different coaches try and fail to stop the rot. “Far too much pressure was put on him to rescue a sinking ship,” a source at the club tells The Athletic. “People expected him to save us from relegation but he was still only a teenager. The burden was too high.”

Werner duly failed to live up to the hype and only found the net three times in his second senior campaign. “He’s a goal machine but a little sensitive, too,” a former team-mate says. “He’s not one of those strikers who will score goals whether it’s minus-30 or 30 degrees hot. He needs to feel the support of the club and the coach. At the time, it wasn’t forthcoming. Instead of helping him, others were looking to him to make up for their flaws. The expectations were unrealistic.”

Possibly wary of his status as the fans’ favourite, some of his team-mates used to mock him for missing the target in training, while coach Alexander Zorniger publicly criticised his trademark goal-celebration (“if he wasn’t so busy air-kissing, he could have scored a second goal today”) and poor performances.

“There is a lot of envy in football,” Werner told newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung about his time at Stuttgart. “When you’re a young player popping up all of a sudden, getting ahead of older players and receiving lots of plaudits from outside, it’s perhaps a natural reflex to get slapped down once things don’t go so well, whether that’s by some of the fans, parts of the media, the coaching staff or a team-mate.”

His six league goals weren’t enough to prevent Stuttgart going down for the first time in 29 years at the end of the 2015-16 season. The club and their unforgiving supporters were in shock. For many, Werner made for a convenient scapegoat and a fitting symbol of the club’s demise. Just like his team, they felt, he was essentially overrated, suffering from a mistaken sense of entitlement and unable to perform when it truly mattered.

“I couldn’t play at my level and couldn’t change it either. My natural game had somehow gone missing,” he said later. There were no objections when Germany coach Joachim Low left him out of his Euro 2016 squad.

Tottenham Hotspur had bid €10 million for him in 2015 but a year later, there weren’t many takers. Only Ralf Rangnick’s RB Leipzig, newly promoted to the Bundesliga, were keen and triggered his €10 million release clause. “There was no way you could do any wrong for that price, knowing what he was capable of at 20,” Rangnick tells The Athletic. “For our game, based on pace and directness, he was the perfect player. And we had a strong belief that he was going to get a lot better, as young players tend to do when they’re being well coached.”

Under the tutelage of now Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl, Werner quickly went to another level.

His 21 goals in 2016-17 helped Leipzig qualify for the Champions League in their first season in the top flight and made him the most prolific German striker in the division. He also helped a young national team win the Confederations Cup in the summer of 2017, yet found himself cast as German football’s public enemy number one.

Wherever he played, he was greeted with, “Timo Werner is the son of whore” chants — including in a game for Germany. The insult even found its way onto a novelty record that became a big hit in the German tourist bars of Mallorca, sung to the tune of Belinda Carlisle’s 1980s number one Heaven Is A Place On Earth.

The hate was triggered by a dive in a win over Schalke in December 2016. Werner admitted he had gone down too easily a couple of days later and his cynical conduct made him a natural target for all the traditionalists who disliked RB Leipzig’s inorganic ascent in the first place.

By taking the Red Bull euro, Werner had gone from wunderkind to mercenary in their eyes. It didn’t help that he came across as rather cold in TV interviews. Germany likes their forwards jokey, matey and emotional but Werner, desperate to show that the public jeering didn’t get to him, only managed to alienate vast sections of the public further with his aloofness. Newspaper Die Welt called him “the greatest irritant in German football”.

“I think he was taken the insults much more to heart than he let on,” Kienle says. “I don’t think it was fair on such a young player. We all make mistakes.”

Two goals and an all-round strong performance in a 6-0 win over Norway in Stuttgart in September 2017 did turn the public tide somewhat. Werner was celebrated in his former home ground after Low and Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff had urged the crowd to support Werner. The “Hurensohn” chants have since died down in many places, but not all of them.

On the pitch, things went well, if not spectacularly so. A weaker second year for Leipzig delivered a return of 13 league goals, and a catastrophic World Cup in Russia by the holders didn’t do much for his standing, especially outside Germany.

Upon Rangnick’s return as caretaker coach last season, Werner netted 16 times in the Bundesliga as Leipzig qualified for the Champions League for a second time. There was strong interest from Bayern but a move did not materialise.

There’s perhaps no surprise that he’s hit new heights under Julian Nagelsmann this year, a managerial prodigy with a track record of improving forwards in particular. The 32-year-old has added more possession elements to Leipzig’s game and successfully forced Werner to adapt his style to smaller spaces. He’s been mostly playing as a slightly wide centre-forward off another central striker or as part of a three-pronged attack. Even his greatest detractors can’t deny his progress: 25 league goals underline his rise to elite level. He’s no longer a converted winger thriving on the break but an accomplished poacher in the Sergio Aguero mould.

German FA chief scout Thomas Schneider, one of his former coaches at Stuttgart, is convinced that Werner will work out a very smart buy for Chelsea.

“Look how good he is now, at the age of 24,” he tells The Athletic. “Then imagine what he’ll be like in three or four years, when he’s at his peak. Timo is a goal machine; he just loves to score goals. I have no doubt he’ll be a huge success in England.”

What 10 CF's would you choose for us? In order. Money is no object, clubs are no barrier, this is just pure buy ratings if expense is removed as a barrier. None can be 29yo and up, so only 28yo and under, as there is zero chance we would drop huge cash on a player who is already 30 or turns 30 this coming season (like Griezmann, Lewa, Immobile, Cavani, Aubameyang, etc are all no goes.) Kane (too much hate and I think he might be starting to decline, especially injuries wise, this season upcoming is make or break for that) and Firmino (barely makes age cut, if he was 4 months older he would not) are allowed, but I refuse to put them in the list for me.
1. Mbappe
2. Håland
3. Havertz (I know, he plays all over, why do you think I want him so badly, lolol)
4. Lautaro Martinez
5. Werner
6. Dybala
7.  Calvert-Lewin 
8. Icardi
9. Richarlison
10. Gabriel Jesus
Bonus SS João Félix

1. Mbappe (monster of a player)
2. Haland (reminds me of younger Drogba)
3. Havertz (would also use him as a CF)
4. Lautaro (in my opinion, already world class)
5. Dybala
6. Martial (without injuries and when he is in Form, he is almost unplayable. In last couple of matches, he gained his form back)
7. Rashford (this season, he has been world class. I once looked at whoscored to compare Rashford with Mane and Aguero to confirm my assumption and Rashford clearly is on their level playing in a worse team. He has all the potential also to be a world class CF.
8. Icardi (best finisher in Europe, but lacks technique and passing abilities. Still great)
9. Calvert Lewin
10. Lukaku (bad technique, but he is a bulldozer )

Before the Werner Groupies want to slaughter me for my list, he is in my top 2 Second striker list in a 4-4-2.

1. Dybala
2. Werner
3. maybe joao Felix