• Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

22 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Motm?

Westham players.

was the best team defence I have seen from them in ages

incredibly disciplined (which is the exact opposite of what they have been, only Arse and Norwich and Watford and SOTON have been less disciplined so far from what I have seen)

I really have no idea where it came from

Rice was a pure beast, if he played like that every game I would do a dance if we signed him (alas he doesn't, although he si still so so young)

The first half looked as if somehow West Ham was lucky to escape with the 0-0, but Giroud was out of tune.
The second half was poor. The West Ham goalkeepr did n't even have to save anything. We had possession but we were not good enough. Total lack of penetration.

Worst game of the season for me, make no mistake we look tired out there, city and Valencia tapped alot of juice. But still no freaking excuse for how we defend, its borderline criminal now. We cant defend corners and set-pieces at all most of the time....its almost a free goal for the opposition. And why the fuck is Willy taking our corners etc? Cant Frank see he never gets beyond the first man? We really do not have someone better to take them? Dont we practice corners wtf? Yes its a transition, it will take time but come'on now get the basics in order or we will keep on paying a high price. And we lack quality all over, so many average players or spent players.

I hope the board is watching cuz we are in dire need of quality.....Lamps can only do so much.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Worst game of the season for me, make no mistake we look tired out there, city and Valencia tapped alot of juice. But still no freaking excuse for how we defend, its borderline criminal now. We cant defend corners and set-pieces at all most of the time....its almost a free goal for the opposition. And why the fuck is Willy taking our corners etc? Cant Frank see he never gets beyond the first man? We really do not have someone better to take them? Dont we practice corners wtf? Yes its a transition, it will take time but come'on now get the basics in order or we will keep on paying a high price. And we lack quality all over, so many average players or spent players.

I hope the board is watching cuz we are in dire need of quality.....Lamps can only do so much.

We need Willian replacement, CB, LB and allround striker. Thats something we can bring over 2 windows and within two seasons when our youth develops we are back to challenging the title. 

Just stick to the current plan with Lamps and bring quality players. The similarites are near identical to how Pool played under Klopp in the beggining.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

We need Willian replacement, CB, LB and allround striker. Thats something we can bring over 2 windows and within two seasons when our youth develops we are back to challenging the title. 

Just stick to the current plan with Lamps and bring quality players. The similarites are near identical to how Pool played under Klopp in the beggining.

Yeah I hope so man......but Klopp gets to pick whom he wants and he gets them. There is very little chance the likes of Marina or whomever will do that here. And Klopp was and is a world class manager.....this coming summer will once and for all tell us what we need to know about our ambition and willingness to get better and better. Act slow....act too late....and getting not so decent players and imo it should be bye bye to those having power over these matters.

46 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah I hope so man......but Klopp gets to pick whom he wants and he gets them. 

He didn't get a keeper or CB of any note for over two years and wasn't given a single signing this summer.

He also still two years on hasn't been backed with a proper like for like replacement for Coutinho.

58 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I actually don't see the Liverpool comparison barring the fact we're a flawed team on the up. Liverpool were great in the big games but very so so against the lesser ones where we're the other way round, we tend to play with more patience and want to dominate possesion and the game.

If we're going to force a comparison with another big game in their early stages of development I would say we share a lot more comparisons to 16/17 City than Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

He didn't get a keeper or CB of any note for over two years and wasn't given a single signing this summer.

He also still two years on hasn't been backed with a proper like for like replacement for Coutinho.

Doesnt matter he still got those he wanted and they paid the outlay required. Coutinho? He has far better now and more balanced. They took barca to the cleaners for him and build on that.

THey have spent big these last windows, they figured out where they were weak and went for the kill.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

but Klopp gets to pick whom he wants and he gets them.

I would say he did clever transfers rather than picking the most sought after ones. At the time there was not a lot of clubs after Southampton's Mane, nor Newcastle's Wijnaldum, Roma's Salah, Hull's Robertson etc. Matip was also a clever freebie when maybe only some Bremen or Frankfurt type of clubs where interested in him. He was clearly on a limited budget and most of his buys where financed from the Ibe, Benteke, Joe Allen, Coutinho, Sakho departures. 

I would say only Van Dijk and Alisson and maybe to some extent Fabinho were transfers he had to fight other clubs off to get them, all the others were maybe 4th - 5th place material at that moment that he identified as being top class in a few seasons and he was completely right. 

But I don't think he gets to pick whoever he wants, even in this moment I am sure he has to run a specific budget and think his deal through from an economic point of view otherwise he'd have surely improved his squad in the summer with at least two top additions, but he did not. 

Hope Lampard does the same next summer and asks for clever deals rather than the flavour of the week