• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Barkley
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Why do we still keep saying to "try" Tammy. He had plenty of time this season and in preseason and has never repaid any of this trust. Nothing we have seen from him so far warrants further starts.

TBF, none of the 3 strikers are convincing really. It's a case of hoping we strike gold with them for the particular match or hope someone steps up and claim the starting spot as their own. 

Why do we still keep saying to "try" Tammy. He had plenty of time this season and in preseason and has never repaid any of this trust. Nothing we have seen from him so far warrants further starts.
Also absolutely baffled with pedro starting he must be knackeres even having not trained the full week.
The rest is dictated by the circumstamces.

He's 21 played in 3 games that actually mean anything which is hardly plenty of time. Add into the fact we should boss the ball his pace could help get in behind and we have a pretty good option off the bench if needed for giroud.

I get it he doesn't look like the second coming of Didier and I don't think he will be the long term option. But I love how players have a couple of bad games and they are instantly disliked. If they are wearing the shirt and are putting the effort in then they have earned our support.

We have 3 strikers to choose from all season so like it or not these are the 3 we have. I'd like to see batshuayi given a run out too but he played a full game with the dev squad this week I'm sure lamps will incorporate him more going forwards if someone doesn't grab the starter spot soon.

As for Pedro he was very good first half vs Leicester (collectively we were shit second half him included) and unless we play barkley wide we don't have any other options at the moment other than Willian.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Also absolutely baffled with pedro starting he must be knackeres even having not trained the full week.

The rest is dictated by the circumstamces.

I disagree. He was not great in pre-season but he scored against Barca. We have also faced three tough teams, competitively. On paper, this is now the weakest opposition. Time has to be given. He has proven he can score goals. If we are writing him off already in August then I don't call that he has had "plenty of time". Look how many strikers take time to get in their stride.

Kante 😩

He's been like the terminator for the past few years and now it seems he's always got niggling injuries. 

Makes a tricky away fixture even tougher. Need a bit of Sarriball possession domination here to kill the crowd and take the wind out of their sails.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kante 😩

He's been like the terminator for the past few years and now it seems he's always got niggling injuries. 

Makes a tricky away fixture even tougher. Need a bit of Sarriball possession domination here to kill the crowd and take the wind out of their sails.

we really need to be more variable tactically. all we can do is this total football pressing for 15mins and then  get tired. we neeed to be able to park the bus and tire the opponent with slow posession footy as well. And we really should do because we have plenty of experience in both and they are arguably easier.