• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Barkley
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Norwich attack is probably 3rd best right now after City and Pool and we managed to completely shut them down in second half. Very happy with it. 

Also cant wait for Odoi to come back and completely shut Willian out of the game. Absolutely disastrous cameos from brazilian.

Tbh i thought we did well against them all game, I've been critical of our defensive structure but today was more down to Norwich being clinical than our failings.

They scored the two, had 1 chance after Pukki's goal and hit the bar from that corner but beyond that they didn't really create anything.

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Both goals from Tammy was a player with confidence. You wouldn't ever see the likes of Morata or Torres score goals like that when the chips were down. Lampard is clearly doing a number on him, and for that I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong. Not trying to go overboard, but those goals from Tammy were from a player that had a manager who believed in him. Hopefully this breaks his duck. 

He could already have 4 goals in 4 games if things went his way. 

Agreed. Knowing you will not be benched for a bad day is a good confidence boost and will not make him play too safe. His goal celebration showed it.

The two centre backs and both midfielders in front of them, think a bit too soft for PL standards and the reason we look shaky, but things will get better I guess when Kante and Rudiger come back and cement their places. Happy for Lamps' first win, on to the next one, small steps but we're on the right track! 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i thought we did well against them all game, I've been critical of our defensive structure but today was more down to Norwich being clinical than our failings.

They scored the two, had 1 chance after Pukki's goal and hit the bar from that corner but beyond that they didn't really create anything.

They broke through our midfield very easily in the first half. You'd think we play against prime barcelona. They didnt get in clear chances, but they always looked dangerous. Second half, we realy pressed them out of the game. 

Could be that norwich simply ran out of ideas/bad execution too. 

But overall I was happy with what I saw in second half. There was little danger for us. And the type of subs we made might be very important for us this season. 

Score more than opponents and then bring defenders on to keep that lead. Because its likely we wont have many clean sheets and with all young players, we also lack experience to safely bring points home.

37 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Both goals from Tammy was a player with confidence. You wouldn't ever see the likes of Morata or Torres score goals like that when the chips were down. Lampard is clearly doing a number on him, and for that I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong. Not trying to go overboard, but those goals from Tammy were from a player that had a manager who believed in him. Hopefully this breaks his duck. 

He could already have 4 goals in 4 games if things went his way. 

I fully agree. Same for Mount, what a goal!

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

he needs to sit out this and the the next game for sure

Especially the next game since that gives us a credible reason to request he's left out of the French squad for the upcoming international games. If the French agree that will give him a timely break of three full weeks to recover.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Especially the next game since that gives us a credible reason to request he's left out of the French squad for the upcoming international games. If the French agree that will give him a timely break of three full weeks to recover.

the French have no say

Rudiger is a German national

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Oops. Sorry I thought it was Kante being discussed but ditto Rudi

lol

you were right

I was talking about Kante, not Rudiger

I was talking to my wife about Rudiger

need to start drinking earlier, roflmaooooo

ffs