Gareth Bale

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Bale hasn't helped himself with his inconsistent performances but I find it bizarre that he intends to stay at Real Madrid despite having been treated like crap by the media, fans and his own manager on a weekly basis.

Tbf for the 17m a year when he clearly doesnt want to leave, unless Real Madrid dont register him which I severely doubt they would do to someone who can offer quality, its hardly bizarre. I mean even then look at Gary and Drinkwater here knew they wouldnt play but were happy to sit and collect their 100 or 120k a week or whatever despite not playing or being conaidered by their managers as important. Or look at other players of various levels at other clubs, the guy Kyle Walker-Peters at Spurs signed a new deal on decent wages for a 22 year old who plays maybe 10 times a season... its modern day football, nothing is suprising anymore. Clubs want players sign them up on huge deals offering huge sums of money all the time only for a manager to decide to chuck them. Look at Martial and Luke Shaw at United, Jose wanted to bin them and they eventually outlasted him. Theres every chance Bale outlasts Zidane at Real as he has a long contract on huge money.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf for the 17m a year when he clearly doesnt want to leave, unless Real Madrid dont register him which I severely doubt they would do to someone who can offer quality, its hardly bizarre. I mean even then look at Gary and Drinkwater here knew they wouldnt play but were happy to sit and collect their 100 or 120k a week or whatever despite not playing or being conaidered by their managers as important. Or look at other players of various levels at other clubs, the guy Kyle Walker-Peters at Spurs signed a new deal on decent wages for a 22 year old who plays maybe 10 times a season... its modern day football, nothing is suprising anymore. Clubs want players sign them up on huge deals offering huge sums of money all the time only for a manager to decide to chuck them. Look at Martial and Luke Shaw at United, Jose wanted to bin them and they eventually outlasted him. Theres every chance Bale outlasts Zidane at Real as he has a long contract on huge money.

Walker-Peters is a youngster that started his career at Tottenham, born/brought up in the area and reluctant to leave London whilst Bale is willing to throw away what is meant to be his prime years. The two examples couldn't be further apart from one another.

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Walker-Peters is a youngster that started his career at Tottenham, born/brought up in the area and reluctant to leave London whilst Bale is willing to throw away what is meant to be his prime years. The two examples couldn't be further apart from one another.

Walker Peters is never going to play regularly for Spurs and has had numerous chances to move, also he is 22 year olds and has only played 19 times for Spurs since 2015. Its same scenario as Bale not wanting to leave. Different reasons maybe but still sit and take the money at a top club or go elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Walker Peters is never going to play regularly for Spurs and has had numerous chances to move, also he is 22 year olds and has only played 19 times for Spurs since 2015. Its same scenario as Bale not wanting to leave. Different reasons maybe but still sit and take the money at a top club or go elsewhere.

Trippier could be off, so it will be either him or Aurier. Whether he ever gets a run to prove himself is a different story. Bale's reasoning is solely money motivated.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Getting paid a lot is one thing but is it really worth it when you're getting disrespected by everyone around every week? Does he not have some dignity? Is he genuinely happy by wasting his years as a footballer just like that?

The difference between Bale and the likes of Cahill, Drinkwater is that they don't get disrespected by people around on a weekly basis. And for everyone player like that, there's always those who prefer to leave for playing time rather than staying for the money. IIRC, didn't Fabregas, for example, get paid 150k p/w here but chose to leave anyway because he wanted to play regularly? 

• 4 months later...

Gareth Bale has an offer from Chelsea to join the club next summer in a €60m deal, according to El Desmarque.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claim-real-madrid-forward-chelsea-offer-next-summer-la-liga-club-different-idea-mind/

Noooo he's done :middlefinger:

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Gareth Bale has an offer from Chelsea to join the club next summer in a €60m deal, according to El Desmarque.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claim-real-madrid-forward-chelsea-offer-next-summer-la-liga-club-different-idea-mind/

Noooo he's done :middlefinger:

straight swap, Willian for Bale

done and dusted

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

straight swap, Willian for Bale

done and dusted

What has bale done in the last 2 years to be swapped with willy exactly? He can't score against joke defences of la liga, he is injured half the season. 

12 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

What has bale done in the last 2 years to be swapped with willy exactly? He can't score against joke defences of la liga, he is injured half the season. 

What has Willian done in the last 5 years exactly? He can't score to save his life.

26 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Regardless he has got over 100 goals for Real. Dont think he cant score or is inferior to Willian in any facets of his game. Wages would be an issue and his age isnt exactly helpful either but I think people seem to take the notion that because Zidane doesnt fancy Bale that he is a shit player. He is not.

Bale, I feel, is the kind of player who would pick himself up again in a different non-toxic environment. I think Lampard could work well with him and Premier League suits him. If we dump Willian or Pedro, then I wouldn't mind Bale taking over that squad rotation role, providing competition and experience while Pulisic learns his trade. BUT only if his wages match his real value, considering his age and injury record. Would also be a welcome goal threat to have.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

Bale, I feel, is the kind of player who would pick himself up again in a different non-toxic environment. I think Lampard could work well with him and Premier League suits him. If we dump Willian or Pedro, then I wouldn't mind Bale taking over that squad rotation role, providing competition and experience while Pulisic learns his trade. BUT only if his wages match his real value, considering his age and injury record. Would also be a welcome goal threat to have.

Bale turns 31 next year and given his injury record, can he survive the physicality of the Premier League? How long does he have left at the top level? Moreover, we all know the club's stance on players over 30 years old (Bale's poor injury record is going to count against him here) and with him earning something like 300k p/w at Madrid, there's no way we will pursue him. It's best for the club to pursue younger players than one who's gonna be over the hill very soon.

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

sell him on, he is worth a shit tonne more than a 32yo Willian will be

One of the most underrated  players of the last decade; he'd lift this club to another level instantly (if he stays fit)

He was in Ronaldo's shadow like many others at Madrid & his injury record speaks for itself. His next move will either reignite his career or immediately end it (in football terms).

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Bale turns 31 next year and given his injury record, can he survive the physicality of the Premier League? How long does he have left at the top level? Moreover, we all know the club's stance on players over 30 years old (Bale's poor injury record is going to count against him here) and with him earning something like 300k p/w at Madrid, there's no way we will pursue him. It's best for the club to pursue younger players than one who's gonna be over the hill very soon.

Hence why I said only if he was cheap. Having him for a year for cheap, I wouldn't mind to see how that would work out, but it's probably not feasible from Bale's POV as he would likely pursue more than 1 year and on higher wages than I have in mind.

39 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He was in Ronaldo's shadow like many others at Madrid & his injury record speaks for itself. His next move will either reignite his career or immediately end it (in football terms).

Everyone was in Ronaldo's shadow. Injuries ruined his career; a fit Bale is (was) terrifying.

I wouldn't be suprised if he'd revive his career in Madrid; he's playing well right now and seems to have come to terms with Zidane

Everyone was in Ronaldo's shadow. Injuries ruined his career; a fit Bale is (was) terrifying.
I wouldn't be suprised if he'd revive his career in Madrid; he's playing well right now and seems to have come to terms with Zidane
He supposedly wants out in Jan & would be happy to sit out till then. His time at Madrid is all but done (whilst Zidane is in the frame).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You