• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)

One of the problems regarding atmosphere is the age of our support. Chelsea have the oldest support in the Premier League not sure what the average age is exactly but you only have to look round to see a lot of geezers like me in their 50's. So pre-match a 50 year old travels to the game has a few pints and something to eat believe me you want to sit down ha ha. We missed out on a whole generation of fans in the 80's because of our reputation plus we were shit and expensive to get in.

So my generation and our kids still go but young kids and teenagers in the 80's and remember you could still pay on the day would go unfortunately to Arsenal and Spurs and some to QPR. It's weird because the best atmosphere for me was in the 90's when first the Shed was getting built and then when the West Stand was uncovered. Soon as the roof on the West Stand was covered the atmosphere went a bit downhill plus we went unbeaten at home for ages so it was almost a case of we don't have to get behind the team we're going to win anyway.

I don't think it helps the mental prices either. Know nothing can be done and other clubs charge more but the costs are crazy. Cup games not so bad at least but anything else. After the group stages of the champions league they double in price. Know not the sole reasons but got to count for something. 

18 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

we will get steamrolled by arsenal in the final. they been pants in the league but look good in this competition. we've been bad across the board. 

That would at least reveal the true level of this team compared to the current belief we are not that bad since we will play CL next year and managed to reach EL final. 

Still, I hope we destroy them. Losing to that lot would be disgrace. They have bigger reward if they win EL because they also play for CL qualification. But they have one of the worst defences out there and we definately have the chance. It certainly helps we get some break until final. Arse was playing easily yesterday while we look off for a while now with the hard schedule.  We just need to play at our best. Hazard knows that team inside out and hopefuly delivers (one last) great performance for us.

4 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

One of the problems regarding atmosphere is the age of our support. Chelsea have the oldest support in the Premier League not sure what the average age is exactly but you only have to look round to see a lot of geezers like me in their 50's. So pre-match a 50 year old travels to the game has a few pints and something to eat believe me you want to sit down ha ha. We missed out on a whole generation of fans in the 80's because of our reputation plus we were shit and expensive to get in.

So my generation and our kids still go but young kids and teenagers in the 80's and remember you could still pay on the day would go unfortunately to Arsenal and Spurs and some to QPR. It's weird because the best atmosphere for me was in the 90's when first the Shed was getting built and then when the West Stand was uncovered. Soon as the roof on the West Stand was covered the atmosphere went a bit downhill plus we went unbeaten at home for ages so it was almost a case of we don't have to get behind the team we're going to win anyway.

Very true. Also under Abramovich there was suddenly a huge influx of newbie fans. I remember there were loads of tourists and daytrippers, that for many Stamford Bridge was just another tick box after Madame Tussauds and Windsor Castle. I clearly remember a woman doing a Sudoku in front of me against Everton, and a bloke behind me against Newcastle saying ''Is Alan Crespo playing ?''. Chelsea Ultras.

47 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Very true. Also under Abramovich there was suddenly a huge influx of newbie fans. I remember there were loads of tourists and daytrippers, that for many Stamford Bridge was just another tick box after Madame Tussauds and Windsor Castle. I clearly remember a woman doing a Sudoku in front of me against Everton, and a bloke behind me against Newcastle saying ''Is Alan Crespo playing ?''. Chelsea Ultras.

It's apt you mentioned Madame Tussauds FB because some of the people we get in the stands these days are very similar to waxworks no movement just staring into space a bit like Kovacic last night.

48 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's apt you mentioned Madame Tussauds FB because some of the people we get in the stands these days are very similar to waxworks no movement just staring into space a bit like Kovacic last night.

Lol I swear some of them just happened to be given a corporate ticket and didn't know what or where they are

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Also think cause phones do so much more these days. All about look at me here I am at Stamford Bridge.. Here's a free kick being taken etc rather then enjoying the moment.. Or not as case may be

Seen that so many times - too busy filming and missing the moment

Im not defiant for this game against Arsenal. Their attacking power might be too good for us, while I don't think we have enough power to explore their weak defense. Imo the best tactics for this game is the same one used against City in League Cup final, minus the false 9 shit.

17 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

''Is Alan Crespo playing ?''

The sort of singer if you were in Butlins in the 70's 80's a real medallion man like John Travolta's seedy uncle with a scrapeover haircut '' Here he is back by popular demand put your hands together for Alan Crespo'':)

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

I once sat next to someone with his laptop out conducting a business meeting over skype, beat that!

For real? :lol: Was he doing it over a call? Who the F conducts a business meeting in a noisy environment? 

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

For real? :lol: Was he doing it over a call? Who the F conducts a business meeting in a noisy environment? 

It was about some order they needed to finish for a deadline.

It was the West Stand and a near end of season dead rubber, outside of promising attacking situations I could hear pretty much anyone around in close proximity.