• Hazard (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I wish we had seen a similar line up more often this season. Cesc leading the side out in his farewell game too.

Agree, but hopefully this is Sarri showing he realises he has made a few mistakes with not rotating enough.

The likes of Guardiola and Klopp made a number of mistakes early on here in England but learnt and adapted to it, hopefully Sarri is to.

Ampadu is the Jorginho backup then? Nice.
I have a feeling he will be playing where Kante usually plays. I hope not, but I don't know if he's technical enough to play the other role.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Cahill and Cesc are gone for sure.

Puzzling to not see Drinkwater at least on the bench.

Perhaps this augurs his exit as well! (so not cup-tied)

One can but dream!

We will need some new players then for depth if they all leave (Moses, Cahill, Cesc, Drinks, maybe more?)

And knowing Chelsea, they will overpay for every replacement.

Resulting we wont be reinforcing our team with quality but quantity once more. 

At best we can hope for top striker eventualy, but top LB or CB wont happen.

Agree, but hopefully this is Sarri showing he realises he has made a few mistakes with not rotating enough.
The likes of Guardiola and Klopp made a number of mistakes early on here in England but learnt and adapted to it, hopefully Sarri is to.
We can live in hope. Better late than never, I guess.

1 minute ago, Miguelito said:

I have a feeling he will be playing where Kante usually plays. I hope not, but I don't know if he's technical enough to play the other role.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My thinking is based off of Fabregas playing alongside Jorginho who was in the deeper midfield role the other day

Just now, BlueLyon said:

We will need some new players then for depth if they all leave (Moses, Cahill, Cesc, Drinks, maybe more?)

Striker for sure, but dont think it will happen (at least not a good one) this window

Hope I am wrong

so much is in the wind

very fluid

impossible to accurately predict:(

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Drinkwater hasn't played yet this season.

I'd like to think that replacements aren't needed for Moses and Cahill. They're both fourth choice and surely therefore the games that they play are better served being used by Ampadu and CHO.

Fabregas is the one that probably will need replacing in some way.

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Tbf this isn't really that much different from his Europa/LC rotations.

The big test of his policy will come either if we get deep in Europa or end up back in next seasons CL.

It should also be noted that today is a huge opportunity for some of these players. 

Christensen has been moaning a bit this season, the jury is out on Alonso with people wanting to see more of Emerson, CHO, Ampadu get chances, more game time for Barkley and RLC.

It isn't just on Sarri, some of these players need to step up and make big cases for more first team chances in the second half of the season. They can't rely on other players in their position playing poorly, they need to rely on their own talent and performances breaking down these doors and barriers. They're all capable (apart from maybe Caballero and Zappacosta)!

And I hope Zola's comments yesterday light a fire under Morata. Zola is spot on, you're the club record signing and supposed to be first choice striker at Chelsea so start acting like it and stop hiding. Because we need him to start stepping up now more than ever.

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Drinkwater hasn't played yet this season.

I'd like to think that replacements aren't needed for Moses and Cahill. They're both fourth choice and surely therefore the games that they play are better served being used by Ampadu and CHO.

Fabregas is the one that probably will need replacing in some way.

Yeah Fab needs to be replaced. Not sure how Barella fits the role, but maybe it will work. If Cesc is off, we need someone new.

As for CBs we have 4 even without Cahill, so that should be enough for now. But I dont believe either Christensen or Ampadu will be willing to play 3rd and 4th choice for much longer.

The club should obviously replace these with youth players. As you said CHO for Moses, Ampadu for Cahill. Mount for Drinks. But the club will probably feel they need more experienced backups. 

I just hope we dont lose these kids and then pay giant fees on new backup players (like what happend with Chalobah leaving and then we forked 40m on Drinkwater. Disaster).

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It should also be noted that today is a huge opportunity for some of these players. 

Christensen has been moaning a bit this season, the jury is out on Alonso with people wanting to see more of Emerson, CHO, Ampadu get chances, more game time for Barkley and RLC.

It isn't just on Sarri, some of these players need to step up and make big cases for more first team chances in the second half of the season. They can't rely on other players in their position playing poorly, they need to rely on their own talent and performances breaking down these doors and barriers. They're all capable (apart from maybe Caballero and Zappacosta)!

And I hope Zola's comments yesterday light a fire under Morata. Zola is spot on, you're the club record signing and supposed to be first choice striker at Chelsea so start acting like it and stop hiding. Because we need him to start stepping up now more than ever.

100% agree they need to take chances.

But here it doesnt matter how well they play today. They might have a cracker and Sarri will still go with underperforming Willian or Alonso for next 3 months. The trick is there must be some sort of reward. Sure they get game here and there and they have to be patient (it worked with RLC), but I feel they dont get enough trust and faith. Like the management team is very mechanic with the youngsters. Sometimes genuine faith in someone will give them more than ocassional game here and there. These kids need to believe they will be part of 11 one day and I dont think they do at chelsea. They aint stupid. Christensen has been tossed around ever since that barca fiasco and no one trusts him anymore. 

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah Fab needs to be replaced. Not sure how Barella fits the role, but maybe it will work. If Cesc is off, we need someone new.

As for CBs we have 4 even without Cahill, so that should be enough for now. But I dont believe either Christensen or Ampadu will be willing to play 3rd and 4th choice for much longer.

The club should obviously replace these with youth players. As you said CHO for Moses, Ampadu for Cahill. Mount for Drinks. But the club will probably feel they need more experienced backups. 

I just hope we dont lose these kids and then pay giant fees on new backup players (like what happend with Chalobah leaving and then we forked 40m on Drinkwater. Disaster).

I don't think Christensen will accept a backup role for too much longer but to be fair Rudiger and Luiz have been pretty good and consistent this season. Luiz has his moments but his ability on the ball also makes a massive difference with how Sarri wants to play. However, as of now Luiz could be out at the end of the season so it would be worth Christensen biding his time to see if he can take that spot for the future. I think Ampadu will accept it for now so long as chances are provided to him moving forward. I actually think he could do a reasonable job at full back or in midfield too which should give him further playing opportunities.

You're bang on about paying big money on backup players. The summer signings and that of Pulisic would suggest we're looking at buying less players at more premium prices hopefully moving forward but you never know at Chelsea. 

In a way getting a transfer ban would probably have a short term effect on the club but would possibly help it long term as the only way the club could freshen up the squad is with a couple of the younger lads coming in. The situation isn't as drastic as it was a few years ago. RLC and Christensen are full squad members now and CHO and Ampadu despite their ages are on the fringes. What it needs is one of these players really kicking on and stamping themselves as a proper first team starter as opposed to a squad player. I think that would help shake this tag directed at the club about no youth players since Terry coming through and I think more would follow through once one or two have.