Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

22 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Last night I saw the Zack Snyder cut of JL........its a far far superior movie than the original. 4 hours long too.

Watching it right now...

tumblr_mqvaohKslB1s46koto7_250.gifvtenor.gif

Edited by Patrick Bamford

On 17/03/2021 at 17:35, Atomiswave said:

Last night I saw the Zack Snyder cut of JL........its a far far superior movie than the original. 4 hours long too.

just finished it, it is so so much better than the original

one of the better ensemble superhero movies I have seen, top 10 for sure

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

just finished it, it is so so much better than the original

one of the better ensemble superhero movies I have seen, top 10 for sure

Yup much better, I sure as hell enjoyed it more than the Marvel garbage we have been served last few years. This one was serious, dark and with purpose.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Godzilla vs Kong is so GOOD!

The nonsense human drama is finally ditched and the monsters are allowed to be THE story and have an all out brawl with one another!

Its lit man, bloody awesome flick. By far the best monsterverse movie. Proper.

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Any particular reason why Godzilla was getting his ass whooped in virtually every trailer?

Both Kong and GZ have their moments to shine, and the end battle is awesome.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

True but can assure you that isn't fully the case in the movie. 

They both get to shine, beating one and another. I must admit mecha G was very good as well, ending was great. As you said we have had enough the humans in these flicks, we want monster fights and we got it.

20 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

They both get to shine, beating one and another. I must admit mecha G was very good as well, ending was great. As you said we have had enough the humans in these flicks, we want monster fights and we got it.

I want to say more but there doesn't seem to be a spoiler tag and I don't want to spoil it for others. 🤣

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I want to say more but there doesn't seem to be a spoiler tag and I don't want to spoil it for others. 🤣

Exactly why I dont go deeper with this......the shit is good, I even liked it much more than JL that just came out.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Exactly why I dont go deeper with this......the shit is good, I even liked it much more than JL that just came out.

It's a bloody shame that there's a pandemic still ongoing. Otherwise, I would go watch it another time or two in the cinema!

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Godzilla vs Kong is so GOOD!

The nonsense human drama is finally ditched and the monsters are allowed to be THE story and have an all out brawl with one another!

Hmm...I had better expectations for king of monsters, but that turned out to be a drag.

This seems to be better judging from the reviews. Would like to give it a watch.

Shame that its unlikely to be in a theater though.

Watched Synder Justice League cut. All 4 hrs or whatever it was. Much better than the original but pretty much average. 

On 06/01/2021 at 01:09, Vesper said:

shit

this is the just released prototype from what Zack Snyder REALLY wanted to do for the 2nd WW movie

far more viscous and dark (and set during the Crimean War)

ffs!

they should have done THAT!

Zack Snyder's Vicious Wonder Woman Photo Reflects Warner's Early Internal  War - Sunriseread

Think it was probably meant to be in Batman v Superman where Bruce Wayne’s in the batcave on the computer. Looking at the information on the drive he’s stolen from Lex Luthor’s party, messaging her asking who she was etc and then returns the photo to her in the Wonder Woman movie at the beginning IIRC? They kept the concept but just changed the photo because Patty Jenkins wanted to take the movie in another direction. 

Probably would of set up the first Wonder Woman movie which may have been an improvement but either way, I’n not a massive fan of both the Wonder Woman movies directed by Patty Jenkins. They were below average and I feel they’ve tried to overcompensate from what makes good comic book movies because its a female superhero. For me it feels like they’ve felt as if Diana cannot exactly be “gritty” or “dark” in the same way other directors have done with male superheroes such as Batman (although Snyders killing version with guns was a bit of a joke) or others such as Daredevil in the TV series over at Marvel or even the short flashback clip you see of the Winter Soldier in the first episode of the Falcon and Winter Soldier purely because they think it wouldn’t suit a lead female superhero. Which I disagree with entirely I dont think superheros are as black and white as purely good and purely bad, they need conflict and a grey area. I don’t know if this was fully intentional or just by chance the way they wanted those 2 movies to be but you see Wonder Woman behead someone in the Zack Synder JL cut so who knows, maybe it would of been better if it were a bit darker or grittier at times. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

IMO, it's a bloody shame that the DC characters are getting wasted in the movies because they have mostly been terrible. Just like Marvel, DC have a wide range of great superheroes, villains at their disposal but they have not been given the right service due to shit storytelling and characterization in movies. Not saying one has to be better than the other but it's tragic that the Justice League or Young Justice animated series, for example, tell better stories and portray better characters than in the movies. 

7 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Hmm...I had better expectations for king of monsters, but that turned out to be a drag.

This seems to be better judging from the reviews. Would like to give it a watch.

Shame that its unlikely to be in a theater though.

King of the Monsters was a drag because...?

Apart from the usual BS human drama, I don't have much bad stuff to say about King of the Monsters because the monsters were so good and some of the fighting sequences were great - e.g. Rodan fighting with the jetfighters. The only disappointment with it is that, especially after watching Godzilla vs Kong, is that they did not let the monsters just beat the crap out of each other. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

It's a bloody shame that there's a pandemic still ongoing. Otherwise, I would go watch it another time or two in the cinema!

Most def Jason, this demands to be seen on the biggest screen and setup.

On 25/03/2021 at 04:22, Jason said:

King of the Monsters was a drag because...?

Apart from the usual BS human drama, I don't have much bad stuff to say about King of the Monsters because the monsters were so good and some of the fighting sequences were great - e.g. Rodan fighting with the jetfighters. The only disappointment with it is that, especially after watching Godzilla vs Kong, is that they did not let the monsters just beat the crap out of each other. 

Not a fan of the plot...and the characters were underwhelming.

The visual effects slugfest great, but that's not enough to make it a good movie, for me at least.

The Godzilla movie from 2014 and Peter Jackson's Kong were better monster movies, IMO.