The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

There is something that really bugs me about fifa on ps3.

What i love doing is progressing youngsters and turning them into world class players but on ps3 it just dont seem to happen.

On ps2 it was easy

1st season up from academy in my squad - play them in the league cup

2nd season - play them in the league cup, fa cup, some CL group games and a handfull of premierleague games

3rd season - send them out on loan to a fellow premier league team to get a full playing season

4th season - rating about 83-86 and ready to be a 1st choice regular

On PS3 im on my 4th season and still the youth ones are the ratings they were on season 1 fainthv9.gif

^ Yea, if you look back in this thread you will find it's already been discussed. The development on Fifa is practically non-existent for youngsters. i suppose EA do this so they have a selling point for FIFA 12.

Why do you keep referring to the playstation, it's the same on Xbox too, lmao. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the whole reason for Manager mode, is to develop youngsters. It's so stupid that you are pretty much forced to play with the same squad for 4-5 seasons.

Do you guys get lag in online team play? I usually don't ever get any, but yesterday I was getting killed, if i press shoot from the edge of the box, player wouldn't actually start shooting animation till I was at the penalty spot. It was crazy. I was getting owned like crazy lol, I'm running back on defence and by the time I change direction, we're already back on attack haha, so I was always running opposite to the course of play lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i'm gradually trying to build a new/young Chelsea XI on my career mode... 2nd season in my XI is atm:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Essien McEachran Lampard

Kakuta Torres Sturridge

It's starting to look like Jack Cork the replacement for Frank v. soon and Borini my sub striker for Torres... V.aanholt and Mancienne to replace JT and Cole respectively... Has anyone else had any good youth purchases/ rises from the Chelsea team?

Torres/Drogba works wonders for me in this game. whistling.gif What lineups/formations do you guys use?

I use a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond.

Cech

Ivanovic David Luiz Terry Ash

Essien

Ramires Malouda

Lampard

Torres Drogba

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys im contemplating getting this for my soon to be coming xbox 360. one question though. does the manager mode still be unrealistic like manchester united Arsenal And tottenham round about 10th - 17th And wigan and wolves being around the top 5

And team wise ill do what i did on FIFA 10

-------------------cech-------------------

Cork-----Terry------ivanovic-----a.cole

--------ramires----------essien---------

------ballack------------lampard-------

------------------torres--------------------

----------------Drogba-------------------

Subs

1 Taylor

2 Mancienne

3 Alex

4 Malouda

5 Kakuta

6 Sturridge

7 Clifford

yeah sucky formation/team is sucky. but it how it suits my game play

Hey guys im contemplating getting this for my soon to be coming xbox 360. one question though. does the manager mode still be unrealistic like manchester united Arsenal And tottenham round about 10th - 17th And wigan and wolves being around the top 5

Quite realistic for me, Man City being second, and Man United about fourth.

Here's some news on FIFA12.

kZgho.jpg

• FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
  • The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
  • FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
  • Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
  • AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
  • OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
  • The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
  • Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
  • The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
  • There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before

Here's some news on FIFA12.

kZgho.jpg

• FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
  • The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
  • FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
  • Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
  • AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
  • OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
  • The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
  • Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
  • The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
  • There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before

Can't wait!!