Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

• 3 weeks later...

Dribble, dribble, dribble....pass backwards.

Dribble, dribble, dribble...pass to the other team.

He also set Thiago Silva up for failure by making a rubbish, bubbling pass to him when he's about to pressed. Can't score, can't create and certainly can't defend. Not really sure wtf this guy is meant to be doing.

Kovacic and Jorginho cost us 100m+ and they have taken us backwards.

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

LOL you must be kidding. Kovacic does what he does, bring the ball forward, break the press and ease the transition. He also did so yesterday no shame in that. Silva had plenty of time to control the pass. He should have calculated the surface correctly but miscontrolled it

Mount moved back into midfield and scored a goal. Mount in CM allowed us to get another winger on the pitch who also scored a goal and helped us salvage a point. 'Ease the transition'...lol, whatever the hell that means is absolutely worthless.

Dribble, dribble, dribble...yawn. I'd sell him to a rival so he help ease their transitions.

LOL you must be kidding. Kovacic does what he does, bring the ball forward, break the press and ease the transition. He also did so yesterday no shame in that. Silva had plenty of time to control the pass. He should have calculated the surface correctly but miscontrolled it
Yeh his job is to get it the ball from the back four to the front four, or the fullbacks as options. Silva had some good forward passed to the strikers yesterday and kova got the ball forward.

Sure kova won't make something out of nothing, that burden will improve when ziyech drops deeper and pulisic moves about. Chilwell will be out most useful fb in dragging the ball forward imo. The rest are are similar on the ball, including James.

Kova will get the ball from A to B and make it it difficult to stop him in the process

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mount moved back into midfield and scored a goal. Mount in CM allowed us to get another winger on the pitch who also scored a goal and helped us salvage a point. 'Ease the transition'...lol, whatever the hell that means is absolutely worthless.
Dribble, dribble, dribble...yawn. I'd sell him to a rival so he help ease their transitions.
Mount was a lcm in a 433 right? He wasn't playing in a pivot im sure

1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Mount was a lcm in a 433 right? He wasn't playing in a pivot im sure

Yeah looked like LCM. He needs to start playing there because that should be his long term position.

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Against Brighton, Mount played as a no. 6 alongside Kante and Lamptey destroyed Alonso and Mount all the time.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Did he?

Looked like Mount was playing LW against Brighton from what I remember.

By the way, we've won 6-1 in the minutes played without Kovacic this season in the league and have lost 5-0 in the minutes he has.

Just now, SUNZ said:

Did he?

Looked like Mount was playing LW against Brighton from what I remember.

By the way, we've won 6-1 in the minutes played without Kovacic this season in the league and have lost 5-0 in the minutes he has.

Yeah and we lost just one out of 9 league games without Kanté last season. The season before we went on a run of losing one in 13 with Alonso and 6 our of 9 without him. Small samples make stupid opinions

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

All I remember was that Alonso and Mount there trying to defend Lamptey, but they looked clueless. If he can't defend as a left winger, why should it chance as a no. 6?

But Mount is no winger, is he? At least he would feel more comfortable playing in midfield. 

But Mount is no winger, is he? At least he would feel more comfortable playing in midfield. 
Does not matter. If he wants to play alongside Kante, he will have to defend these situations, in which Lamptey made him look clueless, all the time. I am just talking about his defending skills. Yes, he would play better in the offensive phase if he plays as a midfielder

Defending situations near the box and in the box is something a no. 6 has to do all the time and Mount should improve that. Question is what happens when Rice comes.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who gets frustrated when watching Kovacic? Unlike Jorginho, it feels Kovacic can do so much more with his talent and technical ability but he becomes so timid and almost plays within himself when we need someone to be decisive in that midfield. :doh: