Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

From lining up with Kante & Bakayoko or Kante + Fabregas last season in Conte's defensively minded setup to Jorginho, Kante, and Kovacic in Sarri's high energy attacking setup. That is a colossal upgrade.

Serious case to be made that we have the best midfield 3 in the league. Assuming they gel and adapt well, that is.

The option to buy is paramount but just having him to showcase what is possible with a complete midfield is also a must. Even if we don’t secure him after a successful loan, the board will see how important it is to have a player like that in the fold. Either way we will get someone else if this doesn’t work.

I’m engorged right now.

Looking long termly - Real will for sure buy a midfielder in Mateos' mould thi summer - Modrić is getting older too. Alcantara or Pjanić I suppose. So next year they will have Casemiro - Alcantara - Isco in midfield. No place for Mateo and BANG, he is ours FOREVER!

Really, I do not care about the buy-out close. I just want to see this player with us, if only one year - anything can happen within one year. I am more concerned about our strikers. If we cannot score, whatever the midfield, we are dead. 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Where has this been confirmed?

Nothing is confirmed until its official but Angelo Mangiante & Standard Sport written by Simon Johnson both mention it. I think it will probably be around 55-60m option. But nothing is ever confirmed until Chelsea announce officially. 

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Nothing is confirmed until its official but Angelo Mangiante & Standard Sport written by Simon Johnson both mention it. I think it will probably be around 55-60m option. But nothing is ever confirmed until Chelsea announce officially. 

You never know if some cunt will come along and snap him up at the medical. Lets say someone to get their own back on us for Jorgi boy!

14 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Please be true. We will want to sign him after watching him take the piss out of the PL. 

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Please be true. We will want to sign him after watching him take the piss out of the PL. 

I love his flexibility, He has played that deep role in his own way so realistically when Jorginho needs a rest he or cesc can fill in. He is mobile enough to cover for Kante, if he ever took a rest and he is skilled enough to play with both of them. It really is a wonderful signing, the option would be the cherry on top. Lets see what Sarri can do with them! 

Even if there is no clause, it's okay.

Kovacic is here to perfom right now and have a good transition he is a top player ready to start in our XI.

Him with Kante and Jorginho it's just totaly insane.

We can not afford to make a second bad season in row,

But next year we could have a lot of choice to replace him.

Barkley, RLC, VanGinkel, Mount...

There is a chance than at least one of them become a starter next year.

And even no one are good enough we could buy an another top middelfield in a better situation (UCL, strong and attractive team,..)

So If kovacic allows us to get out of this situation and find the summits, I will be grateful to him even if it was just for one year.

Mixed messages. Some English and Italian journalists have now said that we do have an option to buy (and Matt Law says he believes so but isn't sure), but then the Guardian and Marca say we definitely do not. 

No purchase option will be part of the season-long deal agreement due to Los Blancos' continued belief that the player will one day reach his considerable potential at the Bernabeu.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/08/08/5b6af21fe5fdea0f5e8b457e.html

Since Marca did break this story, I'd be more inclined to trust them but then again they are a propaganda outlet.

Looks as though Real Madrid are absolutely adamant that no buy out clause is included. That's really disappointing. Would be pretty devastating if he settles in here and becomes an extremely important player but has to return to Real Madrid while we start from scratch trying to find a replacement.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks as though Real Madrid are absolutely adamant that no buy out clause is included. That's really disappointing. Would be pretty devastating if he settles in here and becomes an extremely important player but has to return to Real Madrid while we start from scratch trying to find a replacement.

Only thing I consider reliable are Lopetegui comments saying Kovacic said he wants to leave and if he does, Real will get REPLACEMENT.

Maybe they are ready to sell him, but we want loan first and they dont want to play that game... 

If there really was an option to buy, I think there would be mentions of the fee. Also the fact that Madrid offered us the player themselves and we're probably beating other clubs to this signing suggest this is only a loan.

He said he thought it would be best for him to leave Madrid to play. I can’t see him only leaving on a season long loan deal, there’s bound to be a purchase option, unless Modric is going to leave for Inter but then why would they even loan Kovacic out to us then?