• Bulka (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I think coaches are impressed with his shooting technique and freekicks and think he's a great technical player that should start.

Or maybe Emerson just isn't actually that good and Alonso is the better player/lesser evil?

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Or maybe Emerson just isn't actually that good and Alonso is the better player/lesser evil?

Still would have thought he'd start Emerson in one or two preseason games to get a proper look at him before making that call. We've seen evidence of Alonso getting spanked for pace for the last couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Still would have thought he'd start Emerson in one or two preseason games to get a proper look at him before making that call. We've seen evidence of Alonso getting spanked for pace for the last couple of years. 

Sometimes managers just need training sessions, especially one's with as much attention to detail as Sarri. From a personal POV i can't say Emerson convinced me atall last season when he did play nor when he's come on pre season, to me he screams another Baba or Zouma in the sense that the desperation to see his competition dropped is leading to wild exaggerations about his performances/ability.

I actually don't remember when Alonso was at fault for us conceding a goal, could someone refresh my memory so I would be able to understand why one of the best left backs in the EPL is constantly getting bashed here? 

Has his flaws, still is part of last season's team of the year and still is one of the most reliable players we have. He will be a starter and a deserved one at that. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Sometimes managers just need training sessions, especially one's with as much attention to detail as Sarri. From a personal POV i can't say Emerson convinced me atall last season when he did play nor when he's come on pre season, to me he screams another Baba or Zouma in the sense that the desperation to see his competition dropped is leading to wild exaggerations about his performances/ability.

Yeah, I don't think he's some top class fullback or anything but at least he's got pace and athleticism. He can theoretically be counted on to stay in front of his attacker. Alonso is a liability to just do that.

I guess both Conte and Sarri feel his qualities going forward outweigh his massive weakness defending.