Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Onside for that goal but anonymous second half. First half was a tiny bit better (if he scored that goal maybe different story all together) but still should be doing more in terms of his overall performance. His confidence looks quite shot, which is a shame because he was good at the start of the season. I think he'll be okay next season, needs to eat a few big meals over the summer and gain a bit of weight though because for all his skills ie holding the ball, linking with others he gets knocked down far too often. Contrast between his performance against United at the Bridge and today was scary. 

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

All that Lukaku slander about how Morata is definitely much better than him and here we are, in a very important fixture... Romelu had a quiet game but still finished with a goal and assist.

Lukaku's issue has always been goals in big fixtures, apparently this was his first goal for United against a top 6 team and that I'm not surprised about one bit. Wasn't really a game for CFs today, Lukaku got going in bursts but again not really consistent throughout the match. 

21 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Been here almost 6 months and hasn't changed one point. He should be used as an impact sub for the rest of the season and nothing more.

That's the thing I don't get. Has no one - be it the coaching team or players - tell him about the need of being physically tougher and stand his ground during challenges? He's been here long enough and yet, he's still doing the same thing every game. Must be frustrating for the players to see him go down every time when we're trying to build attacks. A light breeze of wind is probably even enough to take him down!

That's the thing I don't get. Has no one - be it the coaching team or players - tell him about the need of being physically tougher and stand his ground during challenges? He's been here long enough and yet, he's still doing the same thing every game. Must be frustrating for the players to see him go down every time when we're trying to build attacks. A light breeze of wind is probably even enough to take him down!

It's on him at this point. More interested in posting Insta posts than his career.

Am I the only one who's seen him pick it up in the 2nd half? If that goal wasn't wrongfully cancelled, he'd get some credit, tough angle to score from.

His physicality is frustrating nonetheless, but I'm still rooting for him. Although if he doesn't improve by next season, I'll give up hope.

7 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Am I the only one who's seen him pick it up in the 2nd half? If that goal wasn't wrongfully cancelled, he'd get some credit, tough angle to score from.

His physicality is frustrating nonetheless, but I'm still rooting for him. Although if he doesn't improve by next season, I'll give up hope.

Thats where my patience will definitely end up....next season..

1 minute ago, Azpinator said:

It was clearly shown during the match towards the end.

Didn't see it. The replays that I saw on my stream showed he was slightly offside, or at least so it looked to me and the commentators.