Franco Di Santo

EskWeston

Was seriously poor to let him stay on loan at Blackburn for the second half of the season. I don't think the club feel he is part of our future now, would expect him to possibly find a move this summer, same with Sinclair.

Sinclair has consistently been poor... He abs has no chance of making our team.. Should be moved on to a championship team this summer... Di Santo - not so sure.. may be a loan to Bolton might change his fortunes !!!

I think they will have to come a policy that needs to be introduced stopping clubs taking young players and wasting their talent and leaving them on their bench

and which clubs do this??..we tend to send ours out on loan

I honestly don't think he is good enough to play in the Premier league at all to be honest. If Blackburn can't find a place for him, then he almost certainly doesn't have a chance with us. I reckon a move to Italy would be better for him

To be honest...

For a young striker with such stature and speed...

It would be a pity to let him go just after a single loan season...

Especially he doesn't injure frequently...

He needs to improve himself technically... another loan season would really prove his value.

I honestly don't think he is good enough to play in the Premier league at all to be honest. If Blackburn can't find a place for him, then he almost certainly doesn't have a chance with us. I reckon a move to Italy would be better for him

Franco has plenty of time to prove that he can make it in the EPL but i honestly cant see it being with Chelsea. It will take him a very long time to get the experience that he needs to play for a big club. He needs to start taking his chances better. At blackburn in the very little game time that he got he missed some very good chances to score goals and impress. His positioning was right most of the time, and you can see from his play that he can be a good player but time is the answer.

• 4 weeks later...

It's last chance saloon for Franc at Crystal Palace

I thinks it's more a common problem at Chelsea (young players, until now, barely coming trough), because i don't think Di Santo is a bad player. He might not have had impressive stats at Blackburn, but i would like to see him in a Chelsea shirt, with way better players around him. Blackburn isn't the most desirable place to be for a striker imo whistling.gif

According to mirror Wigan's manager Martinez wants to get Di Santo on yet another loan for the season.

it would be only his second loan spell of his Chelsea career...but i think i`d rather us just cut our losses on him and let him rebuild his career elsewhere...i think he could do o.k for himself somewhere but i can`t see him doing it in the Premier league..perhaps somewhere like Portugal or Turkey would be better for him.

I feel a bit sorry for Franco. He never really got to prove himself to us. He had his settling-in season and Sturridge arrived, plus Borini emerged as a top prospect. His loan spell went poorly as well. He's got time on his side though, and if he puts on a bit of muscle and brings some maturity into his game, he can make it in the Premier League, but I don't see it happening with us, because a club of our size will not afford him the patience that he needs, especially with two other competitors for his place whom Carlo clearly trusts more. He has the instincts of a decent Premier League striker, but needs to develop his movement, runs and strength.