Franco Di Santo

EskWeston

di santo needs to keep his head down and train hard for next season

he needs to be priority before anelka

otherwise young players will never get a chance if our subs are also oldies

makes no sence

I agree entirely, makes no sense to me having "decent" players on the bench when we can have promising young players instead.

Di Santo has suffered this season from a major lack of playing time, it has put him back and he will need to get games to rectify that.

I agree entirely, makes no sense to me having "decent" players on the bench when we can have promising young players instead.

Di Santo has suffered this season from a major lack of playing time, it has put him back and he will need to get games to rectify that.

It really is hard too see him come through esk. With the 4-3-3 formation and roman wanting too spend big this summer. A striker round the age of 25 will come in me thinks.

I know JT is one for helping the young lads at the club, but that looks like it might be going a bit too far :P

You can imagine the headlines...

TERRY CHEATS ON WIFE WITH TEAMMATE

Blues skipper shagging Di Santo up the arse

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Lmao ^

and yea i think from ancelotti's time at milan he will know by now that talent like di santo cannot be ignored, he's been given 3 minute slots at the end of games to make an impact <_<

90 minutes up front with drogba is all he needs, he can learn from didier like pato has from inzagie and co.

NOTE: Sorry about the title, i didnt realize it wasnt official at first.

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...le.asp?a=157635

It has been revealed today that young Chelsea striker Franco Di Santo may well be joining Blackburn Rovers on a year long loan deal.

Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has first refusal on Di Santo.

The Russian backed club are prepared to let the 6ft 4in Argentinean go on a one-year loan to get Premier League experience.

Chelsea signed Di Santo, a member of the Argentina under-20 side, from Chilean side Audax Italiano a year ago, ironically, the same side that our own fallen Chilean hero, Carlos Kickaball (Villanueva) was loaned from.

Allardyce hopes Di Santo is a done deal but Chelsea's new boss Carlo Ancelotti wants to see him train and play before deciding if he can go on loan, so the move is on ice until mid-July.

It is also rumoured that Ince was an admirer of Di Santo and after he had signed for Chelsea last summer, as he knew Di Santo's agent, asked if he could find someone similar to Franco and recommended Carlos.

There are numerous clubs over the European continent interested in Di Santo with Spanish side Espanyol interested and allegedly, his agents have also been having discussions with Everton and Middlesbrough but Rovers have the first refusal.

Blackburn have a top level agreement with the Chelsea hierarchy that any loan deal will be with them. Rovers have had to agree with Chelsea that di Santo WILL play.

The player will go where he is told apparently. His agent is employed by Chelsea, so there is no great problem there.

It is worth noting also that Franco Di Santo is in the Chelsea first team squad and has played under Hiddink and Scolari.

In that superstar team he has been handed the number 9 shirt and has already received rave reviews from people within the camp.

Edited by ChelseaUSA

wtf.. but they wont even play him!

he'll be a sub, i'd rather him go to burnley or wolves

thank god the deal is not done, because i'm sure once ancelotti sees a few training sessions he will stop the move.. especially if we dont sign another striker this summer.

Edited by Terminator X

Santa Cruz is rumoured to be leaving. That leaves them with McCarthy and Derbyshire.

I doubt we'd allow him to go on loan if he wasnt going to be played. If he is going to be sitting on the bench at Blackburn its pointless. There must be some sort of contract that he plays a certain % of games.

Rovers have had to agree with Chelsea that di Santo WILL play

The kind of desperation that Rovers are showing, I am sure they will make him play. And I am sure the Club would mention in the contract, that he should be handed some starts. And with Sam Allerdyce's obsession with Long balls to Target Men, a 6'4 Franco D Santo is an excellent option for him.

I would love to see him play for a Premier League Club. He is only 19. There are host of clubs across Europe eyeing him. We shouldnt sell him.

If he can score even 10-12 goals for Rovers in the entire season. That would be Excellent for him.

A loan move to the premiership would be very good for Franco. At the same time though would we be able to cope with just Drogba and Anelka? If we did let Di Santo go on loan it would signal to me that we are bringing in another striker.....

Franco does need games, if he can play the majority of games at Blackburn then that would be great for him. But i would be suprised if such a move was decided upon even before pre season starts.

This is a perfect move. As much as I want to see Di Santo achieve at Stamford Bridge, in order to do that to the best of his potential I believe that a season of top flight experience will do nothing but improve him.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is tipped to replace Roque Santa Cruz with Chelsea striker Franco Di Santo on a season-long loan deal.

Paraguay ace Santa Cruz underwent a medical at Man City on Monday ahead of a proposed £18M switch but Rovers appear to have a plan to sign another hitman.

Argentine Di Santo, 20, has struggled for first-team football at Stamford Bridge since arriving from Audax Italiano in 2008.

Di Santo is an Argentina Under-20 international but has made just eight appearances for the Blues - all off the bench.

Good luck Di Santo if this rumor is true.........

Would love to see Di Santo play a full season in the Premier League even if it isn't with us. Still think the lad has bundles of quality which not many Chelsea fans have seen and deem him not good enough, which i believe is not the case.