Franco Di Santo

EskWeston

Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce says he is uncertain whether he might be able to take Chelsea's Franco Di Santo to Ewood Park during the close-season.

The Lancashire-based outfit are in the transfer market for at least one new forward this summer following the sale of Roque Santa Cruz to Blackburn Rovers for £18 million.

Rovers have been linked with 20-year-old Di Santo who moved to Stamford Bridge from Chilean club Audax Italiano in January 2008.

It is unlikely that the Blues will want to sell the Argentina under-20 international, who is regarded as a hot prospect for the future, so a season-long loan move to Rovers may be more probable.

Allardyce has confirmed that he would be interested in acquiring the 6ft 4in striker's services, but admits he does not know whether Chelsea will make him available.

"I don't know what the situation is with Di Santo so I'm not particularly clear on what's been talked about there," Allardyce told The Lancashire Telegraph.

"I would have thought [Chelsea manager Carlo] Ancelotti would be looking at all of his players first before making a decision on whether he's letting anyone go.

"But obviously we would be interested in anyone from Chelsea if they were the right price for us."

Di Santo has made 16 first-team appearances for Chelsea to date, all coming from the substitutes bench, and has so far failed to score.

I'd like for him to go to Blackburn but this might just be like Sahar last season; joining Pompey and not playing once.

Set a minimum apperance clause or a recall then clause then  ;)

why dont WE just give him and Stoch more chances ,,,seems other clubs do ....

Pato is 19 Messi was younger when 1st team Bojan 17 I think ...

at least wenger and even fergie are more willing to take a risk

exactly, but oh well

tbh we will never become that type of club.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think Chelsea should offer di Santo for a loan to Hull since they couldn't sign any strikers they would like to?

They failed to get Owen, then failed to get Campbell and now they are bidding for Fulham's Zamora...!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/category/clubs/Chelsea

Chelsea striker Franco di Santo is set to join Blackburn Rovers.

The People says Di Santo is due to sign on loan this week at Ewood Park.

The Argentine striker scored last night against Club America.

I dont think its a good idea to loan this bright talent and bring in a 40million David Villa.

I dont either, i think that would be stupid. Franco should get games at a high level like obi mikel did, do you think obi mikel would of been this good if we sent him out on loan when we got him at 19 I DONT THINK SO. We had trust in obi to play in a championsleague semi final against liverpool at anfield in his first season at the age of 19. We should at least have trust in franco and sturridge to play at home against birmingham city lol :lol:

Bearing in mind that it looks as if we are playing 2 strikers this season for the main part i would rather we kept Di Santo. We can give him the games needed along with Sturridge with less risk knowing they will not have to play the lone striker role.

Bearing in mind that it looks as if we are playing 2 strikers this season for the main part i would rather we kept Di Santo. We can give him the games needed along with Sturridge with less risk knowing they will not have to play the lone striker role.

sturridge can dribble too so he can play left wing forward sometimes.