• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Soton are a top team imo, just lacking a few players here and there to be a real threat. Also have a very good manager. It'll be a difficult game. We need to earn our title. 

They just LFC back-up team, Soton has good player? LFC will take him from them.If they could not to sell players they would be like Everton. 

City beat them 3-0 in this weekend so we must take 3 points.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is funny. We've won only ONE of our last 4 home games against Southampton (and that was in 2013/14) and people keep writing them off like they're nothing.

4 is not exactly a representative sample. Also our performances vs them in the past few seasons have nothing to do with our next game vs them. Yes they are a good team but they have nothing to play´for. Score first and their resistance will be broken. We simply have to win and we should if we want to win the title. This is the exact type of game a title winner should win with eyes closed or with a hard fight or in whatever fashion but simply has to win no matter what. A home game vs a midtable side with nothing to play for. This is not a matter of quality but of attitude. And when winning the title is not enough of an incentive and the pressure is too big this squad simply does not have what it takes to win the title. 

We need our leaders to step up. Antonio is great but not enough, I expect players such as Hazard, Luiz, Cahill, Cesc and of course JT to step up and be the leaders of this team, if not by example so by motivation. We have to be fired up for this one, this is too huge for us to cave in like we did at OT. I really hope that come Saturday we will see a group of warriors out there and not the bunch of cowards we saw at United. I emphasise the fact that we can lose, but not like yesterday. 

Spurs are in top notch form and smell blood, but we are Chelsea and they have another thing coming if they think they can do us like the last time we met. 

20 hours ago, Henrique said:

I dont care about this game. Doesn't matter if we beat them 4-0 then get a bad result against Southampton.

FFS this is a fucking semi-final of a competition we haven't won for five years, be realistic. This is a massive game. 

2 hours ago, Dahnald said:

So did I. I have the nudge something is wrong in our squad which results in Conte raising the white flag.

He looked completely fed up. 

He was very very angry because some players thought they had already won PL as written in the papers.If you want to win you have to spit blood until the end.
Chelsea unmerited lost the match against Crystal Palace that complicated the path. Conte knew that something similar could happen because at Juventus as player and coach he won a lot but lost even more. We lost three CL finals and some league titles. The
6 points lost has proven to players that Conte was right in not wanting to loosen the concentration. 

18 hours ago, Jason said:

Based on recent form, Spurs should win this comfortably but that aside, I don't even know what to feel going into this game. Our recent performances have been up and down, we can't keep clean sheets and we're struggling to score goals, all of which were laid bare against United. Conte's demeanor and defeatist comments after the game do not bode well either. I know I can be pessimistic but reading his comments about the performance and Spurs, it's almost as if he knows we're gonna lose everything that we've worked hard up till now. Not sure what exactly is going with the players but we really need to get it together for this and the title run-in. Lose this and the title will leave a bitter feeling far worst than last season.

You are easily the most pessimistic person in this forum. I remember in early January when the team had X wins in a row, and you were more concerned about Liverpool being only 4 points behind.

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

You are easily the most pessimistic person in this forum. I remember in early January when the team had X wins in a row, and you were more concerned about Liverpool being only 4 points behind.

giphy.gif

No striker, defence super shaky, against the best team in the league... odds are against us I would say.

Pochettino already dominated Conte twice this season. After the Italian's howler at OT, I can't think it will not happen again.

Thing with this team is we always answer our critics and stand up. Sunday was bad, Wembley is our patch and Spurs are our enemy. Let's be positive, let's enjoy this, lets put a real dent in their little party they are having right now.

Hazard to run them ragged, and us to celebrate like fuck come the final whistle.

Lets be positive, we could be Arsenal.

No hopes on this match....with the way costa is playing it is going to be a disaster

Spurs high pressure will cause lots of problems for our defense

Dembele alone is enough to dominate our incompetent midfield

If we win this i think we will break spurs confidence. Just have this feeling. As for the team i would go for 3-5-2 with Chalobah, Cesc and Kante in the middle and Hazard, Pedro/Michy upfront. Thats my team, but we will probably get same team that faced Man U

3 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

FFS this is a fucking semi-final of a competition we haven't won for five years, be realistic. This is a massive game. 

Spurs don't do to well at Wembley :). Conte should get the Moncao vs spurs Dvd's out them DVDs will show ye how to beat the cunts 

10 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

If we win this i think we will break spurs confidence. Just have this feeling. As for the team i would go for 3-5-2 with Chalobah, Cesc and Kante in the middle and Hazard, Pedro/Michy upfront. Thats my team, but we will probably get same team that faced Man U

I agree mate we do need to play that formation the last game we played against spurs they bullied us in the middle of the pitch this time thats bully them my midfield trio would be matic fabregas Kante and hazard has SS with Costa up top