• Matic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Really pleased with this team. The flaws are clear for all to see but they did what they do and grabbed a result. Squad improvements are desperately needed but I question whether we can get it done in the market come summer. That's for another thread however. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope Willian never starts again over Pedro. Pedro did so much more. The same with Fabregas, he deserves to be a starter. They were so refreshing and a goal was in the air with them playing. I'm so gutted cause this feels like a f*cking loss. Thank heavens Arsenal lost.

Just now, BlueStorm1003 said:

I was ok with a draw at the start, but now it feels like we dropped 2 points with that pen. It's damn good our rivals did not take advantage of this. Need to get reinforcements. Alonso and Moses were awful today.

Look at it like this, we would have thought Arsenal and Spurs would have won. They both dropped points while we drew a top 4 team away from home. It's honestly a good day.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Lol I hope your on drugs again...so you base it on penalty, Balotelli would be your dream striker then.

A player who has some decent link up play. A player with some creativity. A player with pace beyond the norm. Something to give our striker an edge, other than, he's a lazy brute with a powerful shot. We may as well have Berbatov.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Fuckkkkkk, should have won it in the end, fuck off Costa, shit penalty, not a bad result considering the opponent and stadium, but it feels like 2 points dropped :rant:

People are amazing....

Just now, Kieran. said:

Look at it like this, we would have thought Arsenal and Spurs would have won. They both dropped points while we drew a top 4 team away from home. It's honestly a good day.

I know. It is indeed a good day, but it's a bit of a sour moment when you were so close to it being an even better day. We are on course to the title, so everything is fine.

My head says its a good result, specially after Spurs and Arsenal results. My heart says we dropped 2 points, considering how Liverpool scored after a silly mistake from Moses and after Costa missed that penalty.

Hazard has been shit for quite a while..once again played like crap..glad that conte is substituting him...Costa should not be our penalty taker....if conte  made subs earlier we would have won the game..pedro was superb as a sub and cesc was also excellent...we created so many chances in final 15 minutes..should have scored goal from atleast one of them

Decent performance by the team

2 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Agreed but none of that hides the weaknesses in the team.

I was expecting Costa to start taking pens towards the end of the season -if any- to become top scorer but not this one.
Apart from everything else when was his last one ?
Our last was against Brentford - Iva.
Tibot should have taken it.

1 minute ago, Irakozium257 said:

I really hope Willian never starts again over Pedro. Pedro did so much more. The same with Fabregas, he deserves to be a starter. They were so refreshing and a goal was in the air with them playing. I'm so gutted cause this feels like a f*cking loss. Thank heavens Arsenal lost.

One thing to remember is both came on after Liverpool were more fatigued. I can't say how they would do if they would have started, but Willian looked good at the beginning of the match. 

Disappointing not to win it with the pen but very good point at what is probably the toughest away game of the season.

HOW MANY TIMES does Cesc have to come on and completely change the game for the better before he earns a PL start?! Matic and Kante together simply cannot offer what he does.

Also, Moses was again our Achilles heel defensively. At fault for the goal in the same way he was against Spuds. Alonso is also very poor against the better sides. We NEED to have different options in the wingback positions next season. Moses and Alonso get exposed against these top teams.

Hazard is starting to concern me a bit. Started the season so amazingly but has disappeared lately. Has the odd great game but just looks off the pace completely. Worrying.