Alex Sandro

iceboy

9 minutes ago, WNDS said:

Er, yeah.... maybe with Cahill. I have some recollection of that happening before.

This idea that you can ONLY achieve success with absolute best-of-the-best world-class players in every position is one that I just want to see head off into a corner and die; it seems to stem from the same mentality that sees everyone go weak at the knees whenever they think of the Ballon d'Or/whatever. Seriously, are football fans now so vain/insecure that they consider it unacceptable for the teams they 'support' to have players in the line-up who are not universally praised/adored for their abilities? That's the impression I've been getting over the last few years, unfortunately. To achieve success at the highest level of the game, you need a CORE of world-class talent/technical ability (probably at least 5 players in the starting 11), which is then supplemented with other quality players who are not necessarily world-class themselves, but who can do a job within the manager's strategic and tactical setup.

I would like the team I support to achieve success through a combination of genuine quality AND 'heart' (or whatever you want to call it); I would like the team to include SOME players (like Cahill and Willian, for example) who DO actually appear genuinely pleased to be here for reasons beyond the obvious (the paycheck, the prestige etc.). It pisses me off no end when I see tons of Chelsea fans taking cheap shots at some of our most committed players, seemingly because 'you wouldn't see THEM starting for Barcelona or Real Madrid'. Maybe not, but 95% (or over) of football teams wish that they could have these players in their squads.

For what it's worth, I DO think we need to upgrade the starting 11 slightly, as I would say that we probably 'only' have four outright WC players in our first-team at the moment: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Kante, and Hazard. We also lack a bit of technical quality overall, with only Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Fabregas, Luiz, and (maybe) Moses having technique that is genuinely at the 'elite' level (taking into account the positions they play in). I'm all for Alex Sandro because he would improve us quite considerably on both these fronts, but I'm not going to start spouting rubbish such as hoping we finish 10th again just to spite the board for their perceived failings in our transfer deadlings.

You talk too much sense, you don't fit in here. All or nothing, Sandro or bust!  :middlefinger: Conte must leave and we must finish 10th for Abramovich to learn his lesson, that will help the club a ton.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, WNDS said:

Er, yeah.... maybe with Cahill. I have some recollection of that happening before.

This idea that you can ONLY achieve success with absolute best-of-the-best world-class players in every position is one that I just want to see head off into a corner and die; it seems to stem from the same mentality that sees everyone go weak at the knees whenever they think of the Ballon d'Or/whatever. Seriously, are football fans now so vain/insecure that they consider it unacceptable for the teams they 'support' to have players in the line-up who are not universally praised/adored for their abilities? That's the impression I've been getting over the last few years, unfortunately. To achieve success at the highest level of the game, you need a CORE of world-class talent/technical ability (probably at least 5 players in the starting 11), which is then supplemented with other quality players who are not necessarily world-class themselves, but who can do a job within the manager's strategic and tactical setup.

I would like the team I support to achieve success through a combination of genuine quality AND 'heart' (or whatever you want to call it); I would like the team to include SOME players (like Cahill and Willian, for example) who DO actually appear genuinely pleased to be here for reasons beyond the obvious (the paycheck, the prestige etc.). It pisses me off no end when I see tons of Chelsea fans taking cheap shots at some of our most committed players, seemingly because 'you wouldn't see THEM starting for Barcelona or Real Madrid'. Maybe not, but 95% (or over) of football teams wish that they could have these players in their squads.

For what it's worth, I DO think we need to upgrade the starting 11 slightly, as I would say that we probably 'only' have four outright WC players in our first-team at the moment: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Kante, and Hazard. We also lack a bit of technical quality overall, with only Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Fabregas, Luiz, and (maybe) Moses having technique that is genuinely at the 'elite' level (taking into account the positions they play in). I'm all for Alex Sandro because he would improve us quite considerably on both these fronts, but I'm not going to start spouting rubbish such as hoping we finish 10th again just to spite the board for their perceived failings in our transfer deadlings.

Now city has better team than us. With Bernardo Silva,David Silva , de bruyne,aguero ,probably Sanchez .

and we have : lukaku ,hazard,Pedro and fabregas.

look the difference! 

We must ,must sign the best players . 

Alonso is good but we want more and more.

moses is good but not perfect. 

Cahil awful . 

5 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Now city has better team than us. With Bernardo Silva,David Silva , de bruyne,aguero ,probably Sanchez .

look the difference! 

Cahil awful . 

Exactly. We need Sandro, WC CB and a WC RW. People have forgotten how awful our defense was near the end of the year. 

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

Moses. Elite technique.

He's a winger who's good at dribbling; his technique is far better than most WBs (I DID specify that this was taking into account the positions they currently play). His decision-making on the other hand....

33 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

look the difference! 

Cahil awful . 

Not once there did u mention a city defender not all about attack defensive is a huge part of the game hence why they did so badly last year 

I don't seem to blame the board like a lot of other people.  I know they've made a hash of other things in the past, but the narrative behind this story don't really seem to put them at fault.

By all accounts, the fee and the wages are fine, and have been for a while.  If Sandro doesn't want to leave, then what are they supposed to do?

If we don't get Sandro, I don't think it is a big problem. There is still another alternative out there.

Also it is a position that is not really crucial, we are just fine with any top 10 players at this position. Just prepared better and having a good backup, we still can win some titles.

7 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

If we don't get Sandro, I don't think it is a big problem. There is still another alternative out there.

Also it is a position that is not really crucial, we are just fine with any top 10 players at this position. Just prepared better and having a good backup, we still can win some titles.

Yes but city has mendy 

and alves 

if you fill your positions with top players (like hazard ,kante ,Sandro ,bakayoko,James Rodriguez) you will win trophies. 

I don't want to win fa cup or pl 

i want to win :pl,fa cup and knockout stages of ucl (semifinal) . 

We need depth. 

Negotiations over Alex Sandro are planned for Monday, when #Chelsea hope to make a breakthrough in their bid to sign him. [Telegraph]

Juventus have offered a new contract worth £76k-a-week, but #Chelsea can better that by paying Alex Sandro over £100k-a-week. [Telegraph]

Alex Sandro's interested in the prospect of moving to #Chelsea and it's believed they hold a slight advantage over their rivals. [Telegraph]

19599026_10209948640981134_5075432358693867018_n.jpg

36 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I don't seem to blame the board like a lot of other people.  I know they've made a hash of other things in the past, but the narrative behind this story don't really seem to put them at fault.

By all accounts, the fee and the wages are fine, and have been for a while.  If Sandro doesn't want to leave, then what are they supposed to do?

We can always bid more. If the Board thinks he's worth 60m then surely we can afford to pay him 130 weekly. Not the 100 that's being reported. 

Maria is much better at selling than buying. 

17 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Yes but city has mendy 

and alves 

if you fill your positions with top players (like hazard ,kante ,Sandro ,bakayoko,James Rodriguez) you will win trophies. 

We need depth. 

What part of if the player chooses to stay in Italy then there isn't anything we can do about it aren't you quite understanding?

Theres a lot more to a transfer than just one club paying a fee and the other accepting the fee.

If he likes the quality of life he currently has in Italy and he's happy with the terms Juve have given him in this new contract they've offered then he's more than entitled to accept them and stay.

Youre an awful fan.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

We can always bid more. If the Board thinks he's worth 60m then surely we can afford to pay him 130 weekly. Not the 100 that's being reported. 

Maria is much better at selling than buying. 

Again-it's not about the fee. It's about the player. Once he decides he wants to go, then things will progress.

38 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

What if say Mendy was interested in coming to Chelsea, and the board spent all this time pursuing Sandro who at the end never wanted to come to Chelsea. This pursuit of Sandro costed us the opportunity to sign Mendy. Of course there is blame.

Ultimately the biggest issue with Chelsea recent transfer pursuits has been going after players that either didn't want to come or the club didn't want to sell. 

36 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Yes but city has mendy 

and alves 

We need depth. 

Yes, having top players and depth of the squad are two of the key factors of having a successful season. But there are some other important factors like having unity in the squad, good luck with injuries and draw, having right tactics, effective training sessions, and so on to decide one team successful season. You just can't say we are doomed because we failed to sign certain player.

48 minutes ago, Dingus said:

What part of if the player chooses to stay in Italy then there isn't anything we can do about it aren't you quite understanding?

Theres a lot more to a transfer than just one club paying a fee and the other accepting the fee.

If he likes the quality of life he currently has in Italy and he's happy with the terms Juve have given him in this new contract they've offered then he's more than entitled to accept them and stay.

Youre an awful fan.

Mate  do you want to reach the top ? 

And if your answer is yes  ,do you believe in miracles? 

Without transfers ,Chelsea can win again the PL?and reach at least the knockout stages of UCL? 

Tell me do you believe in miracles? 

I don't believe in miracles of football. If you want to succeed you need : • agility 

•faith for your team 

•strategy 

•abilities 

and •Money,fame

chelsea have : agility,faith ,money and not strategy(transfer plans ).

It's not only Sandro 

koulibaly? 

Morata ? 

Griezman? 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You