Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Easy to blame Cahill there but as a CB he had to try get afoot on that cross and sometimes they for against you. Anyway City were putting on huge pressure in their final third and delivering multiple dangerous crosses. There had far more chances and deserve to be one up. 

We can come back but we need to work on our build up play in possession. Too many long balls atm and Cesc invisible as usual and doing fuck all defensively. I feel Alonso does not belong in this league he's too slow and not dynamic enough as a WB. Would suit Italy or Spain.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Fabregas has been a passenger, but he did create our sure opportunity in that pass to Hazard. Hazard has to shoot there.

Creating one chance is not even close to being good enough. City has a wonderful attack, but their defence is super shaky. If we control the midfield, we can exploit that, but with Fabregas doing nothing we are put under constant pressure. Fabregas-Alonso have contributed to us losing the midfield, while constantly seeing crosses into the box.

in the January Transfer Window.

Chelsea has to find an instant replacement for Gary Gahill and find someone better who can take Marcos Alonso position and look for a replacement for when Azpilicueta starts getting slower or more injury prone.

9 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

You just know Cahill's confidence has been shot now. Better you get him off at halftime.

You're right, and a player who can't pick themselves up is too pathetic to have amongst the elite. 

Just now, LegenTerry said:

Call me crazy but i would put Willian on Fabregas place,he has great pace and work-rate so he would be better for up and down much more than Fab

Then you'll have to change the formation. It's a ridiculous idea. 

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

How so?

@Leif, still interested in your answer.

Luiz is the reason we haven't conceded more, top performance. Shame about his partners choking up (Azpi and Cahill). Moses also getting exposed, as is Alonso. Fabregas inefficient but could have had a great assist had Hazard not also choked. Has the ball even reached Costa? Luiz and Kante are keeping us in the game so far.

Why in the world Hazard did not take that shot? This is why this player will never be up there with the best.

We held for like 30 minutes, but after that it just got worse by the minute. City goal was a matter of time, a bit of a pity it came out that lame. Poor Cahill. We were the underdog with Matic, without him we didn't stand much of a chance anyway.

3 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

Call me crazy but i would put Willian on Fabregas place,he has great pace and work-rate so he would be better for up and down much more than Fab

Was gonna say the same thing mate. Willian in the middle would be great for today IMO too. 

The pace, defensive workrate, and ability to get out of trouble and burst through the middle would be very valuable. 

3 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Creating one chance is not even close to being good enough. City has a wonderful attack, but their defence is super shaky. If we control the midfield, we can exploit that, but with Fabregas doing nothing we are put under constant pressure. Fabregas-Alonso have contributed to us losing the midfield, while constantly seeing crosses into the box.

No doubt Fabregas isnt good enough, but he has done all that can be expected of him really. He isnt physical, he cant run, but he can spot a pass,

4 minutes ago, WNDS said:

I don't think that substitutions are an immediate necessity, but if things don't change in our favour early in the second-half, I'd be tempted to bring Oscar on for Fabregas and Willian on for Alonso. Oscar should tighten-up the midfield slightly, whilst Moses would switch to the left wing-back position to enable Willian to take-up a position on our right without compromising the balance of the team (Willian's good defensively for an AM, but he's not as good as Moses is; Pedro, Kante, and Azpilicueta should be able to pick up the slack).

This. . . Oscar for fab and Willian for Alonso. . . If things aren't going our way 

Alonso been the whipping boy in that first half. KDB/Navas were having everything they wanted vs him. And even Moses has been poor imo on defense, been switching off like crazy. 

Hazard gotta finish that/shoot on goal man. 

Really liked our defense shape though overall. Like that Conte has instructed Pedro/Hazard to tuck in, and takeaway central passing lanes. 

Hopefulyl we can knick a goal.. Think we will. 

Just now, Kendrick said:

Why is the world Hazard did not take that shot? This is why this player will never be up there with the best.

We held for like 30 minutes, but after that it just got worse by the minute. City goal was a matter of time, a bit of a pity it came out that lame. Poor Cahill. We were the underdog with Matic, without him we didn't stand much of a chance anyway.

What a daft daft comment. It was from a tight angle on his weaker foot not an empty goal. Have a word please. 

Just now, Kendrick said:

Why is the world Hazard did not take that shot? This is why this player will never be up there with the best.

I have no faith in Matic, he'd be a passenger just like Fabregas. Never has Matic moved the ball with any urgency, which is what every team needs vs. City. He literally jogs. He doesn't run. Beyond Cahill & Ivanovic, I think Matic has become one of our worst players, just a slither better than Oscar.