Man City v Chelsea

Jase

That's what happens when we repeatedly allow De Bruyne and Navas to cross the ball virtually unopposed.

We also can't get Pedro or Costa involved at all so they can't trouble the shaky City defense. This could get ugly if we don't adjust.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have games where Hazard shoots, shoots and shoots and then you have games where Hazard in front of the half empty net passes. Fuck sake why didn't he shoot? The angle was not really against him.

And then you have Cahill. Fuck sake he really ruined the half and possibly the whole game.

We've played well up till Cahill's brainfart, actually. Without Matic, this was always going to be brutal. We're going to have to come out and just go for it. City are still very vulnerable at the back. Haven't seen Costa in this game at all. 

Goal was coming. Ah well. Thoughts:

- Aguero, that was for the time you studded Luiz a few years ago, piece of shit. Great player but I hate him. Dirty git but never fully acknowledged.

- Fabregas doesn't work in a two man midfield, get him off and the workrate and pressing of Oscar on.

- Alonso running through treacle, Navas has the beating of him which makes me nervous.

- David Luiz has been great again, shame about Cahill next to him

Can't see us getting back into this one, especially without a couple of changes but who knows. COME ON CHELSEA

PS. Sky, can you stop cutting to that boiled egg with a beard Guardiola all the time.

It was bad from Cahill, but how much can a guy do? Alonso has allowed City's right flank to cross again and again and again. He is ok when we are applying the pressure, but boy is he flat-footed when put under pressure himself. 
The Matic injury really fucked us hard, this here basically guarantees that we move for another midfielder in January. Fabregas has seriously done nothing in this game, I would prefer to put Chalobah or even Oscar instead of him. 

Azpi has been terrible, but I expect him to get better in the second half since he is a quality player. 

Cahill on the other hand is pure garbage. Always has been, and always will be. Can't wait until we buy someone else back there. 

We clearly need an upgrade for Alonso as well. Alonso and Cahill need upgrades, but aside from that, I'm not that impressed with City. Think we are better than them. 

During the first half I really thought we could actually win the game today. But then Cahill let us down. I would be super happy with a point, super happy.

Hopefully Conte will have some say at HT just like a week ago against Spurs.

Just now, milan.cech said:

You have games where Hazard shoots, shoots and shoots and then you have games where Hazard in front of the half empty net passes. Fuck sake why didn't he shoot? The angle was not really against him.

And then you have Cahill. Fuck sake he really ruined the half and possibly the whole game.

He should have shot even if the angle was tight but Eden's been our best attacking player in this game by far. We need to find him every chance we get in the 2nd half