Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Just now, kellzfresh said:

And we're not even playing with a 3-5-2 to protect fabregas defensive weakness. Not good, Pedro and hazard will have to work their socks off today. 

3-5-2 with Oscar instead of Pedro. I'm scared, kellz. Really am. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast Cesc will give his all, the guy is definitely passionate enough. And who knows he might nail it somehow and get a couple of assists! Have a little faith!

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

3-5-2 with Oscar instead of Pedro. I'm scared, kellz. Really am. 

My hope is Guardiola didn't anticipate this fabregas change and won't have a plan to attack him specifically. We know how poor he is defensively, especially as he might be playing beside Alonso and cahill who are the weaker side of our defenders, I'm hoping fabregas compensates in attack. 

Fabregas in 2 man midfield . . . He makes our defense vulnerable. . . Typical guardiola . . He will outnumber us in midfield. . . We will be pinned back most of the time. . Hazard and Pedro must work hard. . . Very difficult match

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

Fabregas in 2 man midfield . . . He makes our defense vulnerable. . . Typical guardiola . . He will outnumber us in midfield. . . We will be pinned back most of the time. . Hazard and Pedro must work hard. . . Very difficult match

To be honest even if Matic was available we would have probably still been pinned back most of the match.

The gameplay for this match has always been to be deadly on the counter.

7 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

To be honest even if Matic was available we would have probably still been pinned back most of the match.

The gameplay for this match has always been to be deadly on the counter.

Hopefully fabregas picks passes that unlocks the defence, and makes us more deadly on the counter. 

People shouldn't overreact if the team loses. Losing at the Etihad is normal. And the winning streak has to end at some point.

I did think Chels could cause an upset but I'm not as confident with Fabregas in for Matic. This Conte team is all about the collective being greater than the sum of its parts. Fabregas messes up that balance. But who knows, he might play the game of his life. Let's hope for the best.

Somewhat surprised he didn't go for Chalobah. Think it's safe to say now he's no more than a squad filler. Midfield really needs strengthening. Chelsea won't be able to play the same XI every matchday.

Don't know what to expect. Hoping for a good game.

Cyv6V16UoAAzYvA.png:large

Pep is playing with a winger and an attacking midfielder as his fullbacks. The plan is obvious. Pin Alonso and Moses to the backline and isolate Aguero, Navas and De Bruyne with our CB's.

There's room to exploit for us in behind their wingbacks and through the midfield if we see enough of the ball. Big "if", but we have to play with courage and press them high up the pitch, in my opinion.