Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Enjoyable first half. Chelsea switching good periods with bad ones. Generally lacking finesse. Eden should've finished one of those opportunities.

Cahill's own goal was unfortunate. It happens.

Ref's having a good game. Letting the game flow. I like that.

Chels can still turn this around. An early goal in the 2nd half can change the game. Wonder if Conte has a plan or something.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, Aguero may be a world class striker but he is also a world class cunt. Terrible spirit from the City players. Two of our players could have already been off to hospital, yet you have that bunch always complaining to ref.

2 minutes ago, Rekin said:

It was bad from Cahill, but how much can a guy do? Alonso has allowed City's right flank to cross again and again and again. He is ok when we are applying the pressure, but boy is he flat-footed when put under pressure himself. 
The Matic injury really fucked us hard, this here basically guarantees that we move for another midfielder in January. Fabregas has seriously done nothing in this game, I would prefer to put Chalobah or even Oscar instead of him. 

Fabregas has been a passenger, but he did create our sure opportunity in that pass to Hazard. Hazard has to shoot there.

10 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

You can't really deduce anything from that. 

I wish I was wrong...

Anyway, we can still turn it around IMO if we put all the fight we have. Alonso let everything pass him, hopefuly he improves in second half.

I don't think that substitutions are an immediate necessity, but if things don't change in our favour early in the second-half, I'd be tempted to bring Oscar on for Fabregas and Willian on for Alonso. Oscar should tighten-up the midfield slightly, whilst Moses would switch to the left wing-back position to enable Willian to take-up a position on our right without compromising the balance of the team (Willian's good defensively for an AM, but he's not as good as Moses is; Pedro, Kante, and Azpilicueta should be able to pick up the slack).