Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Middlesbrough v Chelsea


Jase

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm not convinced, I think this will be our biggest test.

We will definitely concede, Stuani will find it easy to score just like Lukaku did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm not convinced, I think this will be our biggest test.

In all seriousness though, no doubt Boro will be tough to beat, as proven by their recent results against Arsenal and City (they should have won at Arsenal) and the fact that they don't concede a lot. But this is game where we are expected to win - unlike the previous 4 games - and it would be so typical of us to drop points. Definitely need to come back from the international break and play the way we've been playing and it might be a blessing in disguise that we're playing this on a Sunday. Players have a tad more time to train and recover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness though, no doubt Boro will be tough to beat, as proven by their recent results against Arsenal and City (they should have won at Arsenal) and the fact that they don't concede a lot. But this is game where we are expected to win - unlike the previous 4 games - and it would be so typical of us to drop points. Definitely need to come back from the international break and play the way we've been playing and it might be a blessing in disguise that we're playing this on a Sunday. Players have a tad more time to train and recover.

Yeah, Middlesbrough don't have a lot of their players going for internationals, so the coach has two weeks with his players to find a solution to play against the 3-4-3 system. Hopefully they fail, but I feel we will win because we've been good against the smaller teams except against Swansea where we should have still won if the referee spotted a blatant foul against Cahill. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Yeah, Middlesbrough don't have a lot of their players going for internationals, so the coach has two weeks with his players to find a solution to play against the 3-4-3 system. Hopefully they fail, but I feel we will win because we've been good against the smaller teams except against Swansea where we should have still won if the referee spotted a blatant foul against Cahill. 

Every system has its weakness and obviously, someone will pose our 3-4-3 a serious threat sooner or later. But I don't get why are people so concerned the opposition will find a solution to counter it. It's Conte's and the players' responsibility to make sure the system works as effective as possible and hide any obvious weaknesses. If we have any serious issues with it, I'm sure Conte will find solutions. After all, he was quick to change things after that debacle at Arsenal and he's experienced enough with the back 3 systems to know how and what he needs to do. And would you really be worried if we had changed to, say, 4-3-3 instead of 3-4-3 and gotten the same results and performances?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Every system has its weakness and obviously, someone will pose our 3-4-3 a serious threat sooner or later. But I don't get why are people so concerned the opposition will find a solution to counter it. It's Conte's and the players' responsibility to make sure the system works as effective as possible and hide any obvious weaknesses. If we have any serious issues with it, I'm sure Conte will find solutions. After all, he was quick to change things after that debacle at Arsenal and he's experienced enough with the back 3 systems to know how and what he needs to do. And would you really be worried if we had changed to, say, 4-3-3 instead of 3-4-3 and gotten the same results and performances?

We've seen top team managers fail at 3 centerbacks system in the league (lv,, Rodgers etc) so you're right that I wouldn't have been concerned at all if we weren't using 3 at the back. But I shouldn't be because if there's anyone that knows this system and it's weaknesses and strengths, it's Conte. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

We've seen top team managers fail at 3 centerbacks system in the league (lv,, Rodgers etc) so you're right that I wouldn't have been concerned at all if we weren't using 3 at the back. But I shouldn't be because if there's anyone that knows this system and it's weaknesses and strengths, it's Conte. 

I wouldn't say Rodgers failed with the back 3 system. His main issue was he couldn't get Liverpool to be organized and solid defensively while still having that offensive threat. Had he managed that, Liverpool would have likely won the title back in 2013/14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every game is a test for you guys .. are you just waiting for Chelsea to drop some points? We are probably the hotest team in the league, we beat United, Southampton and Everton in last three games with ease and now we are suddenly afraid of Boro? It's not gonna be a walk in the park but we should win this one for sure! :)

Same lineup please :) Pedro is in great form, don't try to force Willian ;) Zouma should get some minutes off the bench

CMON CHELSEA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

Every game is a test for you guys .. are you just waiting for Chelsea to drop some points? We are probably the hotest team in the league, we beat United, Southampton and Everton in last three games with ease and now we are suddenly afraid of Boro? It's not gonna be a walk in the park but we should win this one for sure! :)

Same lineup please :) Pedro is in great form, don't try to force Willian ;) Zouma should get some minutes off the bench

CMON CHELSEA

There are no easy games and complacency is a big danger... 

I suggest reading Sun Tzu - The Art of War :) 

Then you will never underestimate an opponent again :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never an easy game vs Boro, can´t take them lightly as shown by their results vs Arsenal and City, but the team knows what needs to be done, so there is no room for complancency, these are the type of games that need to be won, in the past we would drop silly points against these teams, so Conte and the players need to do their homework to avoid any setbacks, just keep playing with the same desire, intensity, quality and organization and the results will speak for themselves. We all know that we can´t be invincible forever so we need to make the most of this great momentum, and dont panic if things don´t go our way eventually, and when it happens ( i hope not )  it will depend on the manager and players to turn it around,  its always bound to happen in football, but let´s not think about that right now. Cheers mates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boro have done well in their last two fixtures against title challengers. We'll have to not take them lightly in a game where we're big favourites. 

There's a likely possibility all our rivals could drop points, so a win is a must.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Muzchap said:

There are no easy games and complacency is a big danger... 

I suggest reading Sun Tzu - The Art of War :) 

Then you will never underestimate an opponent again :)

I am not talking about underestimating an opponent ... I am just talking about being confident and with our A game we should win 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...