Middlesbrough v Chelsea

Jase

I dont think the Don is the type to allow players to become complacent. Im pretty sure he would be jumping on someomes back in training if they started to act like they know it all.

For all of last season each of the lads were walking round with their hands on their hips, moping about like they couldn't give a fucl. Not now. Yhey are full of self belief and up for a fight no matter who we play.. Seeing Eden go out with his swag on shows you the kinda mood they are in and to me thats half the battle wom.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can pick up where we left off form wise after the international break then I can't see Middlesbrough scoring from open play. It would be from poor marking on a corner or a penalty. They play Negredo as a lone target man, yes? Luiz and Cahill should be able to negate him pretty easily if so.

I hope the message that Conte has hammered home to the team this week in training is tempo, tempo, tempo. If we just blitz them and move the ball around quickly they shouldn't be able to live with us. No zombieball like Arsenal played yesterday, no players standing around like statues, and the thing that annoys me most which is our players not being able to string 3 passes together before giving it away.

You know Middlesbrough will raise their game far beyond how they normally play because big, bad Chelsea is in town and it's a spotlight match. Don't allow them to build confidence by retaining the bulk of possession and stealing an early goal. We need to pressure them from the start and demoralize them like we've done the past 5 matches.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we can pick up where we left off form wise after the international break then I can't see Middlesbrough scoring from open play. It would be from poor marking on a corner or a penalty. They play Negredo as a lone target man, yes? Luiz and Cahill should be able to negate him pretty easily if so.

I hope the message that Conte has hammered home to the team this week in training is tempo, tempo, tempo. If we just blitz them and move the ball around quickly they shouldn't be able to live with us. No zombieball like Arsenal played yesterday, no players standing around like statues, and the thing that annoys me most which is our players not being able to string 3 passes together before giving it away.

You know Middlesbrough will raise their game far beyond how they normally play because big, bad Chelsea is in town and it's a spotlight match. Don't allow them to build confidence by retaining the bulk of possession and stealing an early goal. We need to pressure them from the start and demoralize them like we've done the past 5 matches.

They raised their game at Shity, losing 1-0 only to score in injury time so they keep focus and fight till trhe end. Lets see how they handle our defence and power up front.

Drew 0-0 at the North London club

But Spuds,Warford and Everrton beat them so yeah they will WANT to beat us, every team we pla\y WANT to beat us.

But fuck em. If we go in like we have been doing I'd back us against anyone.

Willian not playing is sad I know. He goes away to bury his mum and comes back to find its all changed and hes out in the cold.

But Id really like him to play against Spuds. He always has a good game against them and i really do think he does hate them!!

A minimum of ten points should be the aim for the next five games. Imagine a 10-game winning streak though. Imagine the fear and respect. Imagine the adulation. Imagine them kissing our feet!

Anyway, Chels should win this comfortably. The worst thing would be to make this game bigger than it is. A commited and focused performance should bring home the three points. If Hazard and Costa aren't in their best shape for this game this will most likely be an unspectacular 0-1, 0-2 win.

5 minutes ago, Badboy said:

What do you mean by ''reality''  ????? 

If we are trying to break a team down then Willian isnt the man for the job.

I do agree he deserves a bench spot more than Oscar, but reality of the situation is we can do better in this type of game.

5 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

If we are trying to break a team down then Willian isnt the man for the job.

I do agree he deserves a bench spot more than Oscar, but reality of the situation is we can do better in this type of game.

Only real reason Pedros in is because Willian had a sickie and the realized Pedro did about the same job. Both need a upgrade ASAP to give us a rea ballance to Eden

ANYONE GOT A GOOD STREAM LADS CAUSE MINES DECIDED TO CLOSE. ONE I DONT NEED TO JOIN UP OR DOWNOAD OWT TO PLAY IT.

CHEERS!!

Sure, Willian hasn't been at the form of last season and hasn't really played much at all since his mother passed, but I can't believe people saying he is trash? This system fits Pedro ( who has been superb) much better, Im sure Willie is probably injured or something,  he would surely be ahead of Oscar and Co.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Only real reason Pedros in is because Willian had a sickie and the realized Pedro did about the same job. Both need a upgrade ASAP to give us a rea ballance to Eden

ANYONE GOT A GOOD STREAM LADS CAUSE MINES DECIDED TO CLOSE. ONE I DONT NEED TO JOIN UP OR DOWNOAD OWT TO PLAY IT.

CHEERS!!

I agree we will need better than Pedro, but the Pedro of the last match or so has given a better offensive performance than Willian ever has in our shirt