Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

6 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I disagree with that Chalobah treatment part. Chalobah was/is a nobody. Failing to impress in his time away at the club. Christensen is a player who has impressed and has performed better than all the defenders at the club, bar Azpilicueta, since 15/16.

Cahill is fine as a back-up. He always should've been a back-up.

Zouma wasn't brilliant at all. He only escaped criticism because he is young and fresh. He was slightly better than JT and Gary but he wasn't good enough either. Very good athlete but so much to learn tactically and his distribution is not good (Cahill is better than him on the ball yet he gets ridiculed for it). And he's returning from a major injury. There's a pretty big chance he won't be the same since his physical shape plays a big part in his game.

Only a world-class defender should be bought. But I don't believe in the likes of Bonucci joining at all. Chelsea are better off trusting and investing in their own defenders than buy a CB like Van Dijk, Manolas or Rudiger. That's how I see it anyway.

Getting back to the top and is a process and it's going to take a while. Chelsea will need to develop players (and buy smart). Look at Juve. Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lichsteiner Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba were not top players when Conte arrived. Buffon and Pirlo were legends but not at their best. Same with Simeone at Atletico with the likes of Courtois, Godin, Miranda, Juanfran, Luis, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Turan, Costa. We can only hope to see the same at Chelsea.

Zouma was very good in defending, young or not. Especially considering the state of team. His distribution is poor i agree. But from defensive point, I saw him as very good, but obviously can improve since he is young.

That said, it will be interesting to see him after injury, hopefuly he comes back even  better.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christensen can play as a CB or CM and Terry is done after this season. I see both Christensen and vanDijk as good choices for our future. 

Hard to tell with Zouma. Athletic, but we'll see about poise on the ball and passing decisions as he gets his chance to grow under a better manager (Conte).

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't be against a move for him. He really has come on a hell of a lot since I seen him play for Neil Lennon's Celtic side. Wouldn't go overboard and say he's best CB in the PL, would still rate Alderweireld and Koscielny ahead of him but he's been the most improved CB in the last 2 years in the PL no doubt. 

Has a good presence, doesn't dive in, brilliant in the air, calm and composed on the ball... would really suit our team.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wouldn't be against a move for him. He really has come on a hell of a lot since I seen him play for Neil Lennon's Celtic side. Wouldn't go overboard and say he's best CB in the PL, would still rate Alderweireld and Koscielny ahead of him but he's been the most improved CB in the last 2 years in the PL no doubt. 

Has a good presence, doesn't dive in, brilliant in the air, calm and composed on the ball... would really suit our team.

He would be perfect to get Cahill the fuck out of the squad. Alderweireld won't leave Spurs and Poch, so I think Van Dijk, as proven PL defender, would be the best to go after in the january transferwindow. 

Koscielny is a handballing fraud. 

The Times are reporting that Chelsea, together with several other English clubs, are after him. If the price is reasonable, it should be a no-brainer. I have previously mentioned that we shouldnt fix what isnt broken but Cahill is not first team material, we should look to substitute him asap. a back 3 of VVD - Luiz - Azpilicueta would be very strong.  

58 minutes ago, Rekin said:

The Times are reporting that Chelsea, together with several other English clubs, are after him. If the price is reasonable, it should be a no-brainer. I have previously mentioned that we shouldnt fix what isnt broken but Cahill is not first team material, we should look to substitute him asap. a back 3 of VVD - Luiz - Azpilicueta would be very strong.  

yes, yes, yes. sign him.

Oriol Romeu claims Van Dijk is the best centre-half in the Premier League and urged him to stay.

“For me he is the best centre-back we have in this league,” he said.

“I have been playing with him and training every day and he is just amazing - strong in the air, good in the one v ones

55 minutes ago, Styles said:

I truly believe that players like this would choose us over other English clubs.

I just have this eerie feeling, we'll stick with Cahill and watch him go to Manchester. :cry::cry:

Van Dijk, Luiz, Azpi, Christensen, and Zouma? Jah Bless. 

I'm actually fairly confident that we can get Van Dijk if the club shows any interest in him. Chelsea would be the perfect place for this type of player and I'm sure he would be a massive success as a centreback in our 3-4-3 formation. And why wouldn't he want to join a club that is going to win the title in May?

It'd be really nice to have this guy on the team in the upcoming transfer window. I think a lot of us would sleep easier knowing our defence doesn't really need to be fixed anymore. Having him in the starting 3, and then having Zouma and even Cahill on the bench, would make our defence one of the best. Alonso would be the weak link, but he has his positives, and could easily be replaced by Baba or Kennedy in the near future. 

Get it done!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You