Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

17 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Southampton insist that with Van Dijk still having five years left on his deal, it could take an offer in excess of £70million. [Mirror]

70 million? Pass. We can get any CB in the world for that money, VVD hasn't proved anything close enough to be worth such a record breaking deal. At the moment he's only a big fish in a small pond. I mean he didn't even play for half of a season due to injury, the hype is unreal with this one.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70M dont even be stupid. Don't see him as a massive upgrade on anything we've got in all honesty, he had a good season at Southampton but I think we will be disappointed signing him for 70m... probably 40-50m too much 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

70M dont even be stupid. Don't see him as a massive upgrade on anything we've got in all honesty, he had a good season at Southampton but I think we will be disappointed signing him for 70m... probably 40-50m too much 

And get who? We don't have many options.

Just now, Georgy said:

We were linked to Bonucci, Laporte, have Christensen coming back... I don't imagine any of them costing 70m or being inferior to van Dijk? Fair enough we need a new CB perhaps, an upgrade on Cahull at LCB would be nice and Laporte for me would be the best signing we could get in that position but throwing 70m at Southampton for a CB not much better than any we have is ridiculously stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Georgy said:

How do you know we don't have many options? If we indeed sign him for stupid money I guess then we can conclude we didn't have other options, but until then it's premature to get to such a conclusion.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

How do you know we don't have many options? If we indeed sign him for stupid money I guess then we can conclude we didn't have other options, but until then it's premature to get to such a conclusion.

I'm only judging from whom we've been linked until now. Bonucci is to old, one injury and he is done, besides that we would have to change our policy at the club for the old players. The other one we've been linked, Laporte sounds great but we got linked to him only once a couple months ago. Also he signed a extension last year I think which probably raised his buyout clause.

7 minutes ago, Georgy said:

I'm only judging from whom we've been linked until now. Bonucci is to old, one injury and he is done, besides that we would have to change our policy at the club for the old players. The other one we've been linked, Laporte sounds great but we got linked to him only once a couple months ago. Also he signed a extension last year I think which probably raised his buyout clause.

I'm sure the club have more on their list than only those 3 names.

3 hours ago, mccg said:

You must be some sort of a kinda simpleton or hypocrite ?  if you do not know anything about the odds of Van Dijk joining CFC me thinks , ie the odds for him joining CFC have tumbled and would take £££££ far more than afew ££££ West Ham odds blah blah blah ,  but point is not to point no point

ive no idea wtf you are saying.  Grammar.  Less of the obnoxious posts pal

Back to my original point i made, odds mean nothing, they imply nothing, theyre a load of shit

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Should stay away far for that price. Not worth it. He isn't even a bonafide WC defender. Not even top 10. Not even top 5 in the PL imo. 

IMO he isnt worth the quoted price, he should have some quality european performances for that, but before injury he was easily top3 defenders in PL, other two being Azpi and Alderweireld, you can throw Verthongen in the mix.

Why as fans do we care about the price? Especially in a transfer window where it finally appears that neither does our club. Doing what it takes to bring in good to great players. VVD is definitely an upgrade for us and has room to grow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

ive no idea wtf you are saying.  Grammar.  Less of the obnoxious posts pal

Back to my original point i made, odds mean nothing, they imply nothing, theyre a load of shit

Your point was futile in respect to a guide to transfer market of Van Dijk , and if you don't enough about gambling and the markets don't comment on them !

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Debate about prices has flown south IMO, markets gone mad, prices are crazy because of TV revenue money.

In any market, Van Dijk at 70m is daft, especially when there are 6 defenders at the club - few of whom are better/as good as him

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You