• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

OP Luiz back to midfield.

6 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

I get so mad when ppl suggest this.  

You might get mad...but it seems like the only logical explanation as to why we're spending 50+ million on a CB....when our key problem is wingbacks & midfield. 

If you sign Van Dijk...then you could have:  Van Dijk/Cahill - Azpi - Rudiger/Christensen for the three CB roles and free up Luiz to play CB or fill in the midfield

22 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

You might get mad...but it seems like the only logical explanation as to why we're spending 50+ million on a CB....when our key problem is wingbacks & midfield. 

If you sign Van Dijk...then you could have:  Van Dijk/Cahill - Azpi - Rudiger/Christensen for the three CB roles and free up Luiz to play CB or fill in the midfield

It's not logical at all. Luiz can pass because he has time and space as a CB. You can get the best ball playing CB in the world in Bonucci and stick him in midfield and his passing would look much worse. 

David is our libero and he's perfect where he is.

Chelsea make ‘firm bid’ for Virgil van Dijk, hope to wrap up deal by start of season — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/8/4/16093618/chelsea-make-firm-bid-for-virgil-van-dijk-hope-to-wrap-up-deal-by-start-of-season-report

Virgil Van Dijk Loan deals do count

Liverpool 4/7
Chelsea 5/2
7 hours ago, lucashm said:

OK this is an interesting comment that i found on a Southampton forum:

"A Saints team last week, u19's or could have been just an academy team, played Hamble 1sts. Virgil played. Virgil was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he chatted with everyone. He openly said he was going to Chelsea. Hamble won 5-4....."

giphy.gif

Bit suspicious that literally only the one source is reporting this. You would think Chelsea making a £50m move for a player would be a big deal that a bunch of papers would be investigating.

As good as he is, I don't even want him. Way more pressing concerns in the squad at the moment and there are just three more squad places available for foreign players so I think making a big signing for the only department aside from goalkeepers that doesn't need reinforcing is kind of stupid. Would also mean the end of Christensen which again would be really short sighted from the club, I think for Conte it's way too premature to dismiss his qualities based on a couple weeks of pre-season.

Van Dijk's also made a proper cunt out of himself by going on strike and refusing to train with his team, less than a year after he signed a six year contract at Southampton and was more than happy to accept the massive payrise he got in that deal so I'm not sure if that's the kind of player I want associated with the club. 

2 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

It's not logical at all. Luiz can pass because he has time and space as a CB. You can get the best ball playing CB in the world in Bonucci and stick him in midfield and his passing would look much worse

David is our libero and he's perfect where he is.

I'm not sure what Bonucci has to do with this...he's never played in midfield in his entire career. 

As for Luiz, no one suggested that he would be made into a permanent midfielder...but it's good to have another option in midfield (especially one who has been successful for both Chelsea and PSG in that role)...as right now we only have Kante and Bakayoko in the CM/DM role.  

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I call BS. Not gonna happen. We have 5 centrebacks, that is enough. Adn it is not that early thirties is an age for a CB so Luiz and Cahill will have a few years left in the tank. 

Rudiger and Azpilicueta are NOT centrebacks. Watch this video

We have 3 centrebacks(Cahill, Luiz and Christensen), 2 over the age of 30, 1 still young.

Our weaknesses is aerial duels. 

VVD would be perfect signing for us.

sd.png

If the deal go through, which I'm not really sure will happen, I'd feel sorry for Christensen. We have one of the best prospects in CB and bringing another CB will reduce his playtime to almost nothing. Other possible scenario would be to move Azpi as RWB, considering the club couldn't bring Conte's targets for RWB, and have Rudi,VVD,Christiansen,DL and Cahill for the CB spots.
The best scenario for me would be bringing VVD in and loaning Christensen to Soton for the season as they are in need of CB.

Dave.          Luiz.        VVD/cahill

Rudigur.                                             Sandro

Kante.        Bakayoko

Pedro.                                              Hazard

Morata

That would be sick.

7 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Dave.          Luiz.        VVD/cahill

Rudigur.                                             Sandro

Kante.        Bakayoko

Pedro.                                              Hazard

Morata

That would be sick.

I would switch dave for Rüdiger  😀

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I would switch dave for Rüdiger 😀

I thought about that mate but watching rudiger play man the lad can pass, has decent crossing, and a lot faster then he looks :P plus seen a few videos of him up against sandro and does really well.

• Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic