Deco

kbchel

i don't think anyone will say deco's a bad player in general esk..

the thing is if no ones leaving do we need another 30 year old midfielder?

even if we play him in the centre of the 3 in 4-2-3-1, it leaves us with 5 midfielders for the 2 midfield spots behind him.. i am assuming sidwell to be sold..

Deco, Lampard, Ballack,Mikel,Makalele, Essien for 3 midfield roles.

------------------------------------------------Cech----------------------------------------------------------

--Boswinga-----------------------Terry----------------------------Riccy----------------------------Ashley-----

-----------------------------Essien/Ballack/Mikel/Makalele-----------------Essien/Ballack/Mikel/Makalele---------

Quaresma/Ronaldinho-----------------------------Deco/Lampard---------------------------------------JoeCole--

---------------------------------------------Drogba/Striker----------------------------------------------------

Remeber, Deco is not going to play 50 games a season alone in that position.. The place wil be swapped between 2 players.

I really feel Makalele is a surplus to our squad. He is past his prime now and the two deep midfield roles should be shared between three players: Essien, Mikel, Ballack.

Lampard and Deco can play the role of an attacking midfielder or playmaker whatever you wish o call it.

There is definately room in the squad for Deco, and even though the quality of midfield is extremely high with the high ages of most of them it gives us the perfect chance to keep everyone fresh. The only question marks over Deco is firstly his age and secondly his personality.

Well i dont think we should be looking at someone who is 30. We have ballack and lampard who are getting on, the good thing is mikel is only 21 and essien is 25 so we will have them 2 monsters for a while yet.

Well i dont think we should be looking at someone who is 30. We have ballack and lampard who are getting on, the good thing is mikel is only 21 and essien is 25 so we will have them 2 monsters for a while yet.

At the end of the day Scolari is trying to build a team in his vision. If he feels that he needs Deco in the squad to fulfill that vision then we have to trust him. Obviously Deco isn't the most ideal option we would like to see, and i doubt he would be anyones first choice for that position but he is still very good.

Scolari has worked with Deco for years, he knows what he will get. I trust his judgement, and Deco would therefore be a good addition.

I agree with that. I am don't exactly like Deco and he wouldn't have one i would have wanted us to go for, but if Scolari feels he needs him then i will go along with that.

Phil to land £12m Deco

DECO is set to become Luiz Felipe Scolari’s first signing for Chelsea this week in a £12million switch from Barcelona.

The Portugal ace has agreed terms with the Blues and the deal is expected to be finalised following his country’s exit from Euro 2008.

New Stamford Bridge boss Scolari is confident Deco will sustain the form he showed during the three games he played in Switzerland.

A source close to the deal said: “It’s just a matter of time to conclude the affair and it should be before the end of this week.”

Deco, 30, has suffered from loss of form and a spate of injuries in the last couple of seasons.

He was a key player at Euro 2004 and his performances this time around showed Big Phil that he is back in tip-top shape.

The midfielder has been lambasted by the Spanish media for what they alleged was his erratic lifestyle.

But he played a starring role in Barca’s La Liga triumph in 2005 and helped them clinch the La Liga and Champions League double the next season.

Deco will announce that he is set to sign for Chelsea this week and hopes to complete a move to Stamford Bridge to join Luiz Felipe Scolari by Friday.

The Portuguese midfielder will replace the outgoing Frank Lampard having mulled over whether to go to Inter or join his former national team boss in London.

Despite José Mourinho taking over at the San Siro, Deco has chosen to try his luck in the Premier League and the formalities should all be verified in the next few days.

Barcelona are keen to push a deal through because next weekend sees the club's fans vote in a referendum to decide if the current board stays inplace or not.

If president Joan Laporta loses that vote, then elections will be called and an interim set of directors installed who cannot carry out any transfers, in or out of the club.

Deco was told during the season that he could look for a new club after the coaching staff and Txiki Begiristain began to lose patience with his battle for form.

According to reports, the 30-year-old was warned about his fitness and attitude midway through the 2006-07 campaign and although things improved slightly, his inability to return to the player he was three years ago cost him his place in the squad.

Pep Guardiola announced in his first press conference that Deco was not in his plans and from then on it was a case of waiting for the player to be available after the European Championships to discuss his next move.

Scolari was always keen to take him to Chelsea and with Lampard now set to move to Inter, the long-awaited merry-go-round has started.

I think he's coming, Scolari wants him,and he likes the Premierleague.

I remember once, Scolari (When he was with Portugal) said he made an error to don't get him with Brazil, and is happy to have with the Portugal.

He's more than just an important player for Felipao.

If Frank goes, wa can't avoid the coming of Deco, it's a different style, but he won't be the remplacement of Lampard, because he's a playmaker, and Ballack will be the scorer that Frank is.

His price is very intersting, only 10 millions (Euros).

ffs why do we still want 30 year old players who are lacking form and are past their prime ? I'd take anyone younger and in-form player any day over Deco (Moutinho, Van Der Vaart, Kaka etc.) ... Deco most definitely won't replace Lampsy. First of all he's shittier at defending and he doesn't score half the goals Lampsy does.