Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jernej93 said:

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - Luiz - Alonso

Willian - Kante - Matic - Hazard

Moses - Costa

Right personnel but wrong formation i think.

This is most probably our line up against Hull

---------------------Courtois-------------------------

Azpi----------Cahill--------Luiz-----------Alonso

--------------Kante---------Matic-------------------

Willian----Hazard-----Diego Costa----Moses

I think its a 4-2-4, our first time to use it from the start in the league. I like this setup because it takes only a substitution of either moses or willian to change to the 3-4-3 which we used in the second half vs Arsenal

3 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Conte said Cahill will play. Gary fucking Cahill! Who's next? Ivanovic? Shitbrain Matic? Hope not!

I hope he at least drops ivanovic and plays Azpilicueta on the right. One weed out at a time.  

I'd prefer Ivanovic at CB and Cahill to be dropped. How many mistakes he should make before sitting on the bench? I know Terry and Zouma are injured and we don't have many options at CB, but I believe Ivanovic is also a option for the cb spot. Cahill and Luiz is just a joke of partnership, we saw that more than once.
Willian should be on the bench too, I'd even prefer Bats on the wing.

Come on lads! Show me something today! It may just be Hull, but win the match and then kill it off, say 0-4.

i want to see they care and are in step with Conte. I want to see Conte to start putting his stamp on the team. No more 4-2-3-1. Give me 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 please.

Rumor is Ivanovic not to start, but I would prefer him at CB over Cahill in a 3-5-2.

i will also add I am tired of reading about Courtois' love of Atletico Madrid. You are at Chelsea so play like you care about the blue shirt my man. We need this guy to get his head out of his rear.

I would go with this:

--------------Courtois-------------

--Azpi----Ivan(or Cahill)----Alonso--

Moses--Kante--Cesc-Luiz--Hazard

---------Batshuayi-----Costa----------

Come on you Chelsea!!

Nah, if it's a straight choice between Cahill or Ivanovic starting I'm choosing Cahill every time. Unlike Ivanovic who is simply old, slow, and played out of position, Cahill has the physical tools and ability to play his position effectively. He just has to focus and regain confidence which an opponent like Hull should help with.

Teams will always target Ivanovic from minute 1 and he can't really do anything about it. He hurts not only the right side of our defense but also takes Willian out of the game completely since he constantly has to go back and help.

Having 2 actual fullbacks should help Cahill.

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

How I hope some drastic measure can be put in place so that I wouldn't see Cahill in that starting line up....his sight alone in that line up is worthy of self suicide... 

how the mighty have fallen, still remember how immense he was in 2011-2012 and 2013-2015, shame really

Just now, Special Juan said:

Cahill selected again:lol:

What other choice is there? Ivanovic at CB was the only one and this isn't the time to experiment.

Would like to have seen Bats start.