• Pedro (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something to build on. Still looking shaky defensively and disjointed overall but Conte can work on this.

Really need JT and Zouma back. Luiz in the centre of a back 3 scares me.

It felt refreshing to be 2-0 up, instead of 2-0 down. Enough with this hopefully. The first 15 minutes made me feel like oh no, here we are again. I don't want to think what would happen had that Costa's deflection ended up in the net. After that, we pretty much controlled everything.

Step by step, we should be progressing now. Ivanovic not playing, players returing from injuries, Conte's wake up calls. Hopefully, Chelsea as a club can move bit more forward again. Step by step.

Fair enough.
We don't seem to have a problem against smaller teams - except if something really outrageous happens, like Swansea.
It's the same situation as under Mourinho really, minus the very bad psychology in his last days.
I think we can go for a Europa league position or a cl position but no higher.
The present squad has the known limitations.

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

Boring performance,  we created very little against a very poor hull. If Conte does not want fab in the team then play 442 with michy and Costa up top and play direct football otherwise find a way to have fabregas in the team 

Boring performance? Created little? Dude, be HAPPY that we won by two goals and conceded none, Ivanovic was dropped(!!!!). What else do you want at this stage?

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

Much better 2nd half....Kante was everywhere and his tackling was immense....Hull were very poor..we could have started much better..Costa  was good and continuing his form!

Not only his tackling, but Kante was basically fulfilling his and Cesc's role, his passing was better than I could have imagined.

squad is incomplete, lacking a lot. Would be nice to see Bats in there to take pressure off of both Hazard and Costa. 

I would like to see Chalobah more also, but I think the logic with Conte is that he's already put in Alonso and Moses and cannot change more than that in one match. 

I know Hazard hasn't produced much in months, but when you see how he's covered and pressed by multiple defenders, it's as though every club anticipates the ball going to him and negates that route immediately. Willian negates himself, Matic is too slow, Diego gets not much at all to work with, etc. etc.  Team needs more speed physically and with movement, passing. It just isn't happening with this group and I can't see anything developing throughout this season. There's really nothing to watch here.

Anyone watching Dortmund in 10 minutes?

The future looks good with Conte if the board lets him do the things his way. New tactics, Ivanovic dropped and three points is a good start. 

3-4-3 looked decent enough. At least there was no more brainfart moments in defence, something we are (hopefully was) used to every week. Now it remains for Terry and Zouma to be back, Azpilicueta moved to right wing back and we're good to go.

If Hull was piss poor and they could not do anything more or this is the tactics that suits Chelsea better remains to be seen in the next matches. But I feel that for now Conte should stick to three at the back. This way the three upfront have more freedom Hazard and Willian are no more isolated on the touchline. And finally we can see full-backs bombing forward.

Kante MOTM.

Diego Costa's movement is impecable.

Up the Chels!