Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

The Chelsea we had so long ago in October woulda too!

The problem is teams know the Sarri-ball weaknesses that is putting pressure on Jorginho when he as the ball sarri has no plan B he needs to change the formation or else sarri will be collecting his p45 before April I'm so raging about the result mate 🙁🙁 kepa Arrizabalaga again kept the score line down sorry for the rant I'm so angry mate I still love ye tho 😂😂

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

The Chelsea we had so long ago in October woulda too!

I am such a driven, perfectionist bitch, this is just driving me 100% cray.:(

It isn't like we have not been to the summit before!

Absolutely shameful we are all reduced to arguing about shambolic dregs like Alonso and Willian and pinning (literally) 99% of our hopes on an ageing fatboy.

I sob.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

I agree mate would you sell apzi? 

No i'd have him as a squad option, he's just not that good and certainly cannot be the RB that we need or want.

We need a RB as much as we need a LB and striker IMO.

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No i'd have him as a squad option, he's just not that good and certainly cannot be the RB that we need or want.

We need a RB as much as we need a LB and striker IMO.

we need to demand Achraf Hakimi as part of any RM Eden deal.

Promote Reece James

Slide Azpi over to CB depth and emergency RB backup.

If not Hakimi, buy Valentino Lozano.

Both are far beyond Azpi in what we need at RB in terms of progressive football.

Never more as to the the status quo'ers. They will be the death of our CL hopes. Azpi is a spent force at offensive thrusting RB.

22 minutes ago, the wes said:

The problem is teams know the Sarri-ball weaknesses that is putting pressure on Jorginho when he as the ball sarri has no plan B he needs to change the formation or else sarri will be collecting his p45 before April I'm so raging about the result mate 🙁🙁 kepa Arrizabalaga again kept the score line down sorry for the rant I'm so angry mate I still love ye tho 😂😂

You're not ranting at me me old China!  b32ddc0ef92fe227c4660a7a922ba015.gif

I agree!

Problem is that peeps keep saying we should drop all the ones playing badly - It will leave us with this which can't be worse for some games And I've been lenient on some of them.

Piazon  RLC  Pedro
     Kovacic  Kante  Ampadu
Emerson  Rudi  Luiz  Zapacosta
                    Willy

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You're not ranting at me me old China!  b32ddc0ef92fe227c4660a7a922ba015.gif

I agree!

Problem is that peeps keep saying we should drop all the ones playing badly - It will leave us with this which can't be worse for some games And I've been lenient on some of them.

Piazon  RLC  Pedro
     Kovacic  Kante  Ampadu
Emerson  Rudi  Luiz  Zapacosta
                    Willy

Our squad is so weak Conte signed alot off average players last season  I blame the board tho they let him down Conte wanted KK and Alex Sandro and Conte end up with luiz and Alonso 🙁🙁 I hate the iron lady if her and Roman wasnt friends she would have got her P45 along time ago 

I can understand the team getting alot ot blame from everyone me included. Some of it is hot headed, some level headed, but calling Azpi to be replaced just tops it how unpatient some fans are.

Every team needs players like Azpi. He is limited offensively, but if we had proper attacking lb, if our midfielders created something and our attackers scored goals, Azpi limitations wouldnt be evident at all. 

But yeah lets get rid of one player that tries, had years of fantastic and loyal service and isnt in decline yet. Oh and he is the captain, irrrelevant little detail.

I get why people want to get rid of some players that are actualy crap (including me), but I swear same members here wanted to get rid of Costa, wanted to get rid of Hazard when he had bad season, would still see no biggie if he left now and next one they would get rid of is Azpi. 

Dont know who is funnier them or our board.

Every team needs players like Azpi. He is limited offensively, but if we had proper attacking lb, if our midfielders created something and our attackers scored goals, Azpi limitations wouldnt be evident at all. 

—————————————

I do agree with this. I think if we had a LB who can truly pin down and own the left hand side Azpilicueta isn’t a problem. He is now but I’ll go into why I think he is.. At Napoli Hysaj was basically Azpi I believe, at times almost a 3rd CB while Ghoulam marauded forward. We tried that at the start of the season. Alonso did have almost wingback like freedom. Got a few fluke assists / a goal and Sarri stared his whole best LB in the world thing. Azpi tended to stay back.

When I believe he started to realise Alonso isn’t actually good going forward, or more specifically, not good enough to be given a free role with the risk of our LHS being open, it is more of a tandem system now. In fact I think the exact moment it may have happened was vs United..in the first half Alonso did his typical goalhanging act and Rashford took advantage of it a few times. After HT Alonso was noticeably more reserved.

Now you can see that if one full back overlaps the other stays back so it’s more of a 50/50 system, not just on Alonso. Alonso still does his random runs into the box but if play switches and Azpilicueta overlaps he doesn’t stay there and retreats - under Conte or early Sarri he stays in the box until the attack is over. 

So my point is..there’s more onus on Azpi to attack as Alonso isn’t good at attacking. A better LB going forward could allow Azpilicueta to go back to a more defensive, Hysaj like role that suits him rather than a two way full back. In a perfect world...we have someone who is, well like Reece James would be if/when he reaches his potential. Defensively strong if he has to stay back and be the 3rd CB/defensive RB and equally adept if we want to attack opponent’s LHS more, overlapping threat. But still, I do think if we sort LB (and striker and winger and maybe CM) out first Azpilicueta is much less of an issue. 

The demand for width in the PL is much higher, they also had Jose Callejon who played more like a true winger to compensate for Hysaj. Also Hysaj is just much more comfortable venturing forward when needed either on the ball or making runs. 

We keep bringing up Napoli to rationalize some players on the squad, but damn they didn't win shit and struggled mightly outside of Serie A. Their CL record was abysmal. 

Hope you tear an ACL and don’t return’: Marcos Alonso hit with ugly backlash after congratulating Chelsea teammates on Carabao Cup win

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/01/25/hope-you-tear-an-acl-and-dont-return-marcos-alonso-hit-with-ugly-backlash-after-congratulating-chelsea-teammates-on-carabao-cup-win/

a bit much,bench or dropped/rested would be suffice 

On 1/25/2019 at 10:27 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Ridiculous. 

So it's Alonso's fault he keeps getting selected?

Yep !!

He's obviously got some wild sex tape on Sarri he is blackmailing him with!

He can't have enough money to try and bribe him.

Ive not liked some players (managers,directors etc etc) in the past and I've had some choice phrases for them. Even joked about getting a hit man to take them out. But always drawn the line at wishing them to get injured!

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yep !!

He's obviously got some wild sex tape on Sarri he is blackmailing him with!

He can't have enough money to try and bribe him.

Ive not liked some players (managers,directors etc etc) in the past and I've had some choice phrases for them. Even joked about getting a hit man to take them out. But always drawn the line at wishing them to get injured!

It was the same thing with Ivanovic under Mourinho. Could purposely score own goals yet will someone always get selected. 

Alonso is a limited footballer, so it isn't his fault to expect more from him with his obvious limitations. It isn't as if he isn't trying.

Wishing for him to be injured when it's the manager who keeps picking him, is cruel. All at the same time ignoring what Alonso did for the club to begin with.