• Kante
    • Oscar
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Moses (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Fabgreas (sub)

Great finish after a sleeper first 70 minutes. Cesc made such a difference with his balls in the penalty box and then chipping the ball away that started the break and then passing Diego open for the winner. Batshuayi has to get more time and a start. So active and physical. CESC MotM for me!! Batshuayi a close second.

Don't forget the efforts of Hazard and Kante.

Oscar and Pedro can watch from the stands next week for me. .

The stupid headline will be Costa's possible dive. How about the missed hand ball on Watford about 5 minutes before? If Costa was a dive and off, then Watford should have been penalized prior and a penalty attempt for Hazard.

Got to work Cesc into the lineup. Maybe Matic sits for Willian too? Batshuayi has to be out there as well. I like Moses off the bench too. Better than Mikel.

I know Ivanovic had an awful game passing and with his crosses, but his defensive work improved some I think.

Now, all of you be honest, at about 70 minutes, how many of you were throwing things at the TV/computer and saying, "same old Chelsea from last year!", only to be pleasantly proven wrong? I was right there with all of you. I do think Conte will onlyhave the team getting better and better each week as the starting XI becomes more clear and chemistry develops.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf::blue scalf:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels so good to be losing 0-1, make some subs and changes and win the game 2-1 with other opportunities to score more. It's been a long time. It is super important we keep winning till the new signings arrive (oh god please be some signings). No gap to chase so far.

Another good counting is the +points from the last season. WHU at home +2 points, Watford away +2 points compared to the last year.

I would like to add that, yes, Conte is making influential changes and subs in games (agree with Barbara that he's mostly correcting his own mistakes) but another factor that is helping us late in games so far is that we're in a better physical condition than most teams. We can't rely on that forever as teams will gradually catch up. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Costa was terrible today, although I think his performance is largely dictated on the service he gets, and that was terrible today as well. Once Cesc came on, it was chances galore for him almost. 

Cesc is the engine that makes Diego go. I hope Conte does not sell Cesc. Pedro and Oscar? Don't even allow them on the team bus back to Stamford Bridge.:D

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I would like to add that, yes, Conte is making influential changes and subs in games (agree with Barbara that he's mostly correcting his own mistakes) but another factor that is helping us late in games so far is that we're in a better physical condition than most teams. We can't rely on that forever as teams will gradually catch up. 

Isn't this Conte's priority? There was a lot of running in the pre season and he keeps talking about the physical aspect of the game. Plus my boss who is a Juve fan says the players have to run like hell. This might come very, very handy when we have to chase the game (or defend the lead) and we have more stamina than the opponent.

19 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Conte fixed things... things he did wrong in the first place. There's merit fixing things, but he took a tad too long against West Ham to go all -attack (but I'm thankful he did) and today he had a bad lineup.

I mean, he 's new at the league , but seriously what tactical role was Matic doing there? Why start Pedro when Moses has been better so far (although he did little to nothing since he came, but nobody would do worse than Pedro did today). Then there's the big question, if Cesc isn't starting this kind of game, what kind of game he is? We won't need Matic in those matches, especially if Oscar is in the  match and can help Kante (as if he needs, but still).

And for the love of Jesus, someone just do a criminal tackle on Iva because it seems like no manager has  balls to actually bench him...

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you for real?

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

Isn't this Conte's priority? There was a lot of running in the pre season and he keeps talking about the physical aspect of the game. Plus my boss who is a Juve fan says the players have to run like hell. This might come very, very handy when we have to chase the game (or defend the lead) and we have more stamina than the opponent.

Yes, absolutely. I reckon we had a better preseason than any other team in the league which couldn't be more of a contrast to last season's preseason! 

Some quick thoughts...

1. Don't think both sides played well but in our case, thought we were flat. Never mind the lack of good chances created, that energy, intensity we saw against West Ham were missing.

2. Probably got lucky with the win this time around but heck, will take that and run. 2 wins from 2 now. Need to continue building on it.

3. I'm seriously hoping Conte isn't another manager who waits till the last 10-20 minutes before changing things. Although they worked against West Ham and Watford, there's gonna come a game where this approach will be too little too late.

4. Is Conte giving Fabregas the cold shoulder treatment like Mourinho did with some players 2 years ago? Fabregas certainly has his defensive issues but given we rely so much on Hazard and are so braindead whenever we get into the final third, surely Fabregas should be starting against teams like Watford? We need his attacking qualities (as proven with that gorgeous pass to Costa!) to break down the lesser sides. Conte has serious questions to answer if he doesn't start Fabregas against Burnley next week.

5. Not convinced the 4-4-2 will work from the start, especially when there's so many issues with the current squad, but a tad curious to see it happen. Twice now changing to that has gotten us maximum points from 2 matches. Conte to try that out from the get-go against Bristol Rovers?

Moses has to start. He can dribble past a defender, we cannot have only one player out of 11 that knows how to get past his marker so Moses has to start. 

Costa has terrible ball control and he prefers balls in behind the defence rather than ball to feet so a strike partner can make him play better. Enter batshuayi, very technical, good in the air, good with both feet, if we're serious about attacking, he should be starting as well.

What has happened to Matic? Ivanovic has always been terrible but Matic my word..... He's so clumsy on the ball, no right leg, no ball control, awful when asked to attack. You could see the difference between him and kante when kante was allowed to get forward. Matic should be the one sitting back, he has no ball control in tight spaces.  

23 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I've been saying how poor Matic is for ages. Now hopefully Conte sees the enough of him. Without Cesc we looked completely clueless. God you have no idea how much I wish we could sign Nainggolan, the midfield trio of Naing Kante and Cesc would be awesome.

This is what I've been saying in the Fabs thread.

Replicate Conte's Juve midfield where Pirlo had 2 B2B midfielder's around him.  Pirlo with 2 of Pogba/Vidal/Marchisio

Cesc with Kante and someone else:

Some sort of Nainggolan-Saul-Koke-esque type player.

My fellow Chelsea mates, enjoy your night and weekend. 6 points out of a max 6 two games in. We will only get better. We certainly can get better and Conte will make sure it happens, starting with the XI. Conte is a better judge of talent in my opinion than Jose based on his career and clearly a better strategist.

Come on you Chelsea!! :drunk:

Lucky win. We were shit until the last 15 mins when Cesc and Batshuayi subbed in.

Some assumptions I have come to watching the last two games:

• We are better with 2 forwards upfront
  • We seriously need a natrual LB so Cesar can switch to RB and Ivanovic can fuck off.
  • Cesc>>>Oscar all day long.
  • If Conte insists on a 4-1-4-1 then Matic or even better Chalobah should be DM. We are wasting Kante's many qualities playing him as DM.
  • It's clear we need to spend the money and make a number of quality signings if we are to challenge for the top 4 let alone the title.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you for real?

Nothing. Didn't say break his leg, but if managers don't do it, let nature do it. If he stays a few weeks out he won't come back. So let me rephrase for the sensitive.

For the love of Jesus let him have a muscular problem and be out.

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

The only real significant change I see from this Chelsea compared to last season is the magnificent amount of work the players make without the ball. I craved for Mourinho's Chelsea to do that for 2 years and thankfully we can see it under Conte, it wins you games. Westham and Watford created two (well, three at max) real chances, and they both had two insane shots to beat Tibo, apart from that they weren't really able to create anything. Most of the credit goes to one N'golo Kante - an absolute beast in midfield. He was my fantasy last year and if I had one player to choose this transfer window it would be him.

We really lacked Cesc's creativity in those two games, Oscar is better at pressing the opposition but that's it, he has got nothing on Fabregas. 

I also think you are a bit harsh on Ivanovic. He had a decent game against Westham and although he is at fault for the goal today, he wasn't bad as last year and wasn't below the standards the team put up today. I do believe he needs to be replaced, as is JT, who will suffer greatly against stronger sides. (Cahiil might work alongside a WC CB). 

Still a lot of work to be done but for now, let's celebrate! Up the Chels!!