Chelsea 2-3 Real Madrid

Jase

2 minutes ago, The Chels said:

:lol: I'm speaking tongue-in-cheek but seriously, we need technically good defenders.

What Pep recently said about City's NEED to buy good passing defender applies to Chelsea big time. Apart from that we don't need 1 but at least 2 good technically defenders.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Styles said:

Every move breaks down after the second pass. Pointless watching this to be honest

Gonna be a looooooong I'd say 3 years before this spine is properly disposed of. 

Likes of Cahill/Ivan/JT/Mikel/Oscar/Matic/Pedro/Willian/Cuadrado/Cesc just don't inspire confidence, when you look at the skills that are needed to reach Europe's Elite level. Yes, you could probably survive with 2 of those players being regular starters, because there's no such thing as a perfect team. But we have been/will be relying on every damn name in that list bar One. RIP. 

Instead of us getting centerbacks we're playing around with managing a 37year old and cahill. 

See why kantes speed is necessary in the middle, these players in midfield we have are too slow to bypass pressing 

It's not the formation, it's the fucking mediocre players. Conte came from the best back 3 in the world to Cahill. Imagine having De Rossi and then having Matic who can't defend or pass to save his life.

The lack of technical ability in this team is astonishing. The amount of players who can't make a one touch pass or operate under the slightest bit of pressure is unreal. 

Also, fuck off with the inverse full backs. Whoever thinks you don't need attacking full backs is a dinosaur.

3 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

I disagree. Yes, it is pre season and the matches don't matter at all for the league table or the cup runs, but in my opinion they are supposed to give you a general idea of what we want to play, which tactics we want to use.

It's not like this match means we will be hopeless against our opponents, but it's not like it doesn't mean or show anything at all. 

We've had 3 seasons of playing a particular style, so it's obviously going to take some time to fully adapt to Conte's ideas. Also, we are playing a mix of players who've never played with each other, so there's a lot of gelling needs to be done. Madrid have a stable management at the moment with Zidane, and their players are familiar with one another. We do have to look at ourselves for the performance, but we were playing well until they got a jammy goal and then the tide turned. It happens, so no point worrying obsessively over one meaningless match against Real Madrid. 

Not a single player is playing well; Matic has been particularly poor. We're SO BAD at playing through the middle of the pitch, and Matic's slow play in possession (plus his one-footedness) is a huge reason for this.

Oscar is showing his inexperience in a deeper midfield role, RLC has a long way to go before he is anywhere close to resembling a striker, and Traore doesn't look as ready as I thought he was (that run he made when Willian stole possession in the final third was AWFUL, and his link-up play is sketchy).

I'd rather finish 4th with Terry than 1st without

No. So we keep him and have him drag down the team for the next season when he deteriorates even further? All while sacrificing a title?

**** NO.

Seriously wtf happened to Matic? I would have expected him to shake off all after-effects of the Mourinho era by now. I have hope for him still, unlike say mutherfucking Oscar. But Jesus Christ, get it together mate. Guy is looking like Fellaini out there. 

15 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Well thinking about it, pre-season means nothing. The results need to come in the league. No point stressing over this match. 

Yeah, like last season right...

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

One thought which is growing on me is that Antonio is doing a Joe Gibbs. Gibbs, legendary coach of Washington's NFL side, was famous for showing absolutely nothing in pre-season. HIs team only ever ran 'vanilla' plays. Not a single one of Washington's key plays or sets was ever called until the regualar season got underway. We're seeing only one of the atacking players who is likely to start the season.

As for the scoreline, it's mainly individual quality that is beating us at the moment. They have it and we don't.

Yeah I remember Joe Gibbs' infamous Pre-Seasons.. 

We'll find out soon enough the real way Conte wants us playing, but we all know this squad has crazy holes.  

7 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Thing is was like this last season..only pre-season blah blah results will come but they never did! We just continued that form.hopefully this year be different but still bit hmm. Still can't defend 

We lost to fecking NY Bulls last pre-season, we've certainly performed much better this pre-season. One result doesn't constitute having hissy bits and stressing. I was getting riled up earlier watching it, but now if we think logically it's unnecessary to worry ourselves about this result. We are experimenting a lot at the moment, so just give it time.