Chelsea 2-3 Real Madrid

Jase

6 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Terry should have covered the space left by cahill  for the marcelo 2nd goal

He's too slow to react now unfortunately

Why are all our players so bad at holding the ball under pressure. At the slightest pressing all Conte's training goes out the window because they can't even hold unto the ball or pass under pressure :doh:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, It's too big said:

We've had 3 seasons of playing a particular style, so it's obviously going to take some time to fully adapt to Conte's ideas. Also, we are playing a mix of players who've never played with each other, so there's a lot of gelling needs to be done. Madrid have a stable management at the moment with Zidane, and their players are familiar with one another. We do have to look at ourselves for the performance, but we were playing well until they got a jammy goal and then the tide turned. It happens, so no point worrying obsessively over one meaningless match against Real Madrid. 

Cahill-Terry-Azpi-Matic-Oscar don't know each other?

I know we have to take some time to adapt, but in no way should we be getting humilliated by the second or third choice players of Real Madrid. The way we broke down after the first goal was terrible.

I do have a reason to worry. Yeah, as you said, we don't have to worry obsessively, but as you said, we do have to look at what we are doing.

Just now, It's too big said:

Come on bit of positivity on here for a change. It's negative on here right now. 

Wait what? We are down 3-0 against Real Madrids B/C team. Not even a naked Jennifer Aniston would make me smile right now!

16 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Technically good defenders would be nice. But really, just a defender that can defend would be nice at this point.

Let's be fair and factor in the front six they are defending behind. That makes a difference. A big one.

2 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Wait what? We are down 3-0 against Real Madrids B/C team. Not even a naked Jennifer Aniston would make me smile right now!

Jennifer Aniston? You can do better than that :D