Rapid Vienna 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

Now it's complitly different.It's Conte's first game and he is master tactican he knows what we did wrong today and what we did good he will try different players,different formations,different tactics and we didn't have Hazard,Kante,Courtois,Azpilicueta,Fabregas,Batshuayi and Pedro.Some players like Moses,Chalobah and Ola Aina were really good today.

True but if we can't win one game in Asia what do we have in the USA with Barcelona, etc.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, MichaelDance said:

True but if we can't win one game in Asia what do we have in the USA with Barcelona, etc.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Now it's complitly different.It's Conte's first game and he is master tactican he knows what we did wrong today and what we did good he will try different players,different formations,different tactics and we didn't have Hazard,Kante,Courtois,Azpilicueta,Fabregas,Batshuayi and Pedro.Some players like Moses,Chalobah and Ola Aina were really good today.

and we didn't play in Asia.

4 minutes ago, Bobo said:

Hello guys! It was Chelsea's first game for this season, so it is my first post on this forum. Just saying. ;) 

Even if it was only a "pre-season" game, I was disappointed. And damn this guy Ivanovic, can't stand him anymore. I hope everything goes uphill from now on. 

We all can't stand him, you'll fit in well to the forum. Welcome! 

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People can stop saying "Conte is a genius, he'll know what to do to fix things." Yes, we know he is and can. But will the club allow him to sell the likes of Ivanovic, Mikel, Baba, and Oscar? That's where I have my doubts.

The club has to allow him to make these decisions or we hamstring ourselves. Terry and Cahill should be our two backup CB's only. We need at least one new, top class one. Maybe two. Ivanovic needs to be sold. Probably Baba too and Aina can take his place.

Agree. If at least 1 Premier Defender isn't brought in this window, all of our budding optimism can be thrown out the window. IIRC Conte is only the first team manager, so if the likes of Roman, Emenalo and Co. want give the likes of Cahill, JT, Ivanovic and Baba another season in the first team ... not much we can do except than pray. I love the moves for Kante & Batshuayi, but that backline needs major surgery man.

14 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Someone please tell me Emenalo didn't delude himself into saying everything will come together by the end of the preseason with what we have.

No, he said that they're working hard to bring another targets in.

Surprised that people are only highlighting Mikel and Ivanovic...what about lazy-ass RLC?

No surprise he was one of the first to get subbed. Chalobah who came on later, as well as Moses showed much more drive.

Its because of the lazy, apathetic players in our squad that the good ones like Hazard and Costa become frustrated.  Costa's face when sitting in front of the dugout after the second goal went in said it all.. 

Conte's got a real fight on his hands to get more drive from these players. Hope the manager wins this time

17 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Surprised that people are only highlighting Mikel and Ivanovic...what about lazy-ass RLC?

No surprise he was one of the first to get subbed. Chalobah who came on later, as well as Moses showed much more drive.

Its because of the lazy, apathetic players in our squad that the good ones like Hazard and Costa become frustrated.  Costa's face when sitting in front of the dugout after the second goal went in said it all.. 

Conte's got a real fight on his hands to get more drive from these players. Hope the manager wins this time

Yeah, I'm starting to worry that the nonchalant laziness with Ruben is just something he can't change. He just doesn't know how to assert himself at all. He just strolls around like he's not bothered.

*Sigh*

Ivanovic is so done. For real. Please, Chelsea, sell him. 

When the season starts, Azpilicueta has to play on his natural position: right-back. JT and Cahill needs to be benched but one of them has to play untill Zouma has returned from his injury. 
That's why we need a new CB. (Koulibaly, Manolas etc. I prefer Koulibaly)

Left back? I really don't know about that one. We might need a new one aswell. Sell Baba...Kenedy as sub. 
Matic....sell him to Juve. Is getting older so we have to cash in now. Also, looked pretty lost to me. 

Not a fan of Willian TBH. Happy he extended but still...might prefer Cuadrado. 

TLDR: we need new players for the defence. And Mikel out. 

Sell Ivanović and Mikel asap 

What is Loftus-Cheek thinking? Is he some kind of superstar in his head? He is NOT! He is just lazy and thank god Conte brought him to bench. I liked Moses last year and I like him this year. He is a real fighter and that's what football is all about. You have to show passion! We don't need lazy overweight players in our team, even if they are superstars .. which Ivanović, Mikel, Matić and Ruben are not. 

Great game for Aina and even Chalobah :)

Didn't watch but I heard Aina performed well. Really glad to hear he recently signed a new 4-year deal.

Hopefully Conte is willing to give him some games if he continues to impress in pre-season.

16 hours ago, JaKstone said:

Someone please tell me Emenalo didn't delude himself into saying everything will come together by the end of the preseason with what we have.

Ffs, we have just signed argubaly the best midfielder in the league for a bargain price (in today's market) and people are still slating Emenalo for absolutely no reason atall.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ffs, we have just signed argubaly the best midfielder in the league for a bargain price (in today's market) and people are still slating Emenalo for absolutely no reason atall.

They can't help themselves. The agenda is so clear.

23 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Solid comments, mate. Ivanovic has been an important player through the years and overall, I like the guy and wish he could find his former again, but I do not think he can. I think it has passed him by unfortunately. Mikel is not starting XI quality. I would keep Moses over Mikel at this point.

I have been reading all the quotes and stories from training the past two days. Does not sound like AC is going to put up with slack efforts for long.

RLC just seems to lose interest too often. He has a great physique and potential, but does he want it enough?

I would keep the core: Costa, Bats, Hazard, Willian,  Cesc, Pedro, Traore, Kante, Kenedy, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Courtois and Begovic, but Ivanovic, Baba, Mikel, Oscar, Remy and Matic can move on at this point. Moses, RLC and Cuadrado are debateable in my opinion.

Just my two cents following last year and ONE preseason match.

Come on you Chelsea!!