Rapid Vienna 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

People can stop saying "Conte is a genius, he'll know what to do to fix things." Yes, we know he is and can. But will the club allow him to sell the likes of Ivanovic, Mikel, Baba, and Oscar? That's where I have my doubts.

The club has to allow him to make these decisions or we hamstring ourselves. Terry and Cahill should be our two backup CB's only. We need at least one new, top class one. Maybe two. Ivanovic needs to be sold. Probably Baba too and Aina can take his place.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't care about the performance or result, but how many more times will we have to see Ivanovic and Mikel suck cock before we finally rid ourselves of them? How many different CB partnerships do we need to experiment with before we finally buy new ones?

Of course the club are obviously working on a new CB, but we may need more than one. Ivanovic and Baba are shocking.

That's nothing to do with this match though, does it? 

The market is still open for some time, and there will most likely be a lot more changes and as someone said, most of the players who played today will not be key players for us next season and probably more than half won't even be here. 

Also, suck cock? Really? Read someone said cancer a few pages back as well. I guess that's the general football culture now, but I honestly can't help but cringe, sorry. 

Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic are not Premiership players any more. If the club doesn't want to buy defenders they should just let the youth team play. If they start I'm going to be upset.

I'm perfectly ok with rest of the team but God almighty Ivan, he is really pushing my limit, I'm this close to wish him a small knock just enough to keep him out. I know it's one hell of an evil thought but I just can't help to worry. Hopefully Conte sees what we saw and fix it either put Azpi on the right permanently or buy someone good before September.

7 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

That's nothing to do with this match though, does it? 

The market is still open for some time, and there will most likely be a lot more changes and as someone said, most of the players who played today will not be key players for us next season and probably more than half won't even be here. 

Also, suck cock? Really? Read someone said cancer a few pages back as well. I guess that's the general football culture now, but I honestly can't help but cringe, sorry. 

Mate, we said all last season that "Oh, there's no way Ivanovic and Mikel will keep playing. Changes will be made." And yet they continued to play.

What I'm saying is, I'll have to see it to believe it. 

20 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

13700063_1308475952514488_54377190583964

Bitch please. Whoever watched the youth team knows that Aina is extremely prone to defensive errors. I can't believe that people are fooled by few bits here and there when there's big writing on the wall from his youth games.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Mate, we said all last season that "Oh, there's no way Ivanovic and Mikel will keep playing. Changes will be made." And yet they continued to play.

What I'm saying is, I'll have to see it to believe it. 

Yeah last year was still time to fix things..Oh look window is shut now.

Least we're carrying on our shit defending trend..Hopefully this time club will make the signings we need

I'm perfectly ok with rest of the team but God almighty Ivan, he is really pushing my limit, I'm this close to wish him a small knock just enough to keep him out. I know it's one hell of an evil thought but I just can't help to worry. Hopefully Conte sees what we saw and fix it either put Azpi on the right permanently or buy someone good before September.

Sorry completely forgot Aina is a natural RB isn't he? Just replace Ivan with our Ola boy if we're not going to get someone in this transfer window.

Hello guys! It was Chelsea's first game for this season, so it is my first post on this forum. Just saying. ;) 

Even if it was only a "pre-season" game, I was disappointed. And damn this guy Ivanovic, can't stand him anymore. I hope everything goes uphill from now on. 

How can anyone be seriously annoyed by this? 

Its our first preseason game.

Manager has only been in charge for 3 days.

Half our starting 11 isnt even with the squad. 

Chill people.

P.s. Ivanovic.....my word.

1 minute ago, Polo7 said:

How can anyone be seriously annoyed by this? 

Its our first preseason game.

Manager has only been in charge for 3 days.

Half our starting 11 isnt even with the squad. 

Chill people.

P.s. Ivanovic.....my word.

I know it has been only 3 days but still upset that we lost our first preseason match :(

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People can stop saying "Conte is a genius, he'll know what to do to fix things." Yes, we know he is and can. But will the club allow him to sell the likes of Ivanovic, Mikel, Baba, and Oscar? That's where I have my doubts.

The club has to allow him to make these decisions or we hamstring ourselves. Terry and Cahill should be our two backup CB's only. We need at least one new, top class one. Maybe two. Ivanovic needs to be sold. Probably Baba too and Aina can take his place.

He does not need to sell all those to make his starting eleven work. Luckily, Conte is someone who plays the ones who deserve to play, unlike some past managers of this club. If someone seems to be 'lazy', that player's playing days might be over for a couple of weeks. 'People can stop saying bla bla bla' is really nice...

Conte: 'Today's game was very difficult, because we have had some very hard training sessions with strength and tactical aspects.' #CFC

Conte: 'But I don't like to lose, and this is the same for my players. We can learn a lot from this.' #CFC

Conte: 'Our fans were in the stadium and I want to see my fans happy. We want to come back and compete for the title.' #CFC

Conte: "The players work very hard. But not it is not enough. Now we must do something to change the past."

Can't get fussed over a pre-season game, especially the 1st one. This training camp in Austria is all about getting the right fitness levels. This time last week the lads were on the beach. Add to that they've only had six training sessions under the new manager. I think the US tour is where Antonio Conte will be looking to shape the first "11", with one, maybe two question marks before the West Ham game.

My two cents on the back four (if Conte plans to play a back four in the end) - a new centre back and a left back is imperative, with Azpilicueta and Zouma the other two defenders. Ivanovic, Cahill & Terry are simply past it and totally unsuitable for Conte's high intensity football IMO. 

Mikel - no words. He can't be here come August 15th, can he? 

Matic - meh... Not a bad game, but for me he looks lost, nowhere near the player he used to be in the title winning season. Turns 28 in a few days and frankly I would cash in now, while he still has some value on the market and give another go at Nainggolan. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

We thought that last season and look what happened?

Now it's complitly different.It's Conte's first game and he is master tactican he knows what we did wrong today and what we did good he will try different players,different formations,different tactics and we didn't have Hazard,Kante,Courtois,Azpilicueta,Fabregas,Batshuayi and Pedro.Some players like Moses,Chalobah and Ola Aina were really good today.