Riyad Mahrez

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

They APPARENTLY want him to replace Coutinho

Liverpool make move to replace Philippe Coutinho with Leicester star Riyad Mahrez

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/671905/Liverpool-Leicester-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona-Riyad-Mahrez-Thomas-Lemar

Isn't he a winger and Coutinho central? Not a like-for-like replacement.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, manpe said:

Isn't he a winger and Coutinho central? Not a like-for-like replacement.

Philippe Coutinho is a AM or left/right winger.

I see hes said ta ra to his team mates and supposedly flying out tonight. Also getting a £13mill signng on fee!

13 hours ago, DDA said:

How on Gods Green Earth have you come to the conclusion that Mahrez isn't an imrpovement on Willian!!!!! Seriously, how does one do that?

I don’t think there’s much of a difference and that is without mentioning Mahrez plays a free role for Leicester a lot recently? You put Mahrez in our team he wouldn’t be half as effective as he is for Leicester. That’s why I don’t think he would be an improvement on Willian, who at times is poor yes but also can do something (think he’s better coming into games than starting). Also replacing an average player with another average player (although younger) is pointless. These guys need to be improved upon not replaced with the same/lesser level, I can’t be only person who sees that?!? Pedro is at an age where he is useful and more likely to accept a bench roll so why bother spending 42m on someone younger who is just as average, probably will play just as often, when the club can seriously go out buy somebody better if they look around as opposed to stumping for some overrated PL mid table player? Think the fact no top 4 PL club were only club seriously interested in Mahrez in the summer shows that he’s not exactly the player many think he is. Malcolm, Fekir, Pulisic, personally I think none of these are unattainable and probably available at a similar fee or a wee bit more, if not in January, then the summer.

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I think just by looking at each of their last 10 games you will see Mahrez form is much more stable. Hes a regular scorer/assister whilst Willi has an odd excellent match and Pedro is a good game changing supersub.

Like you I didn't think he would make a good option but on reflection he mught just be good.

Maybe he’s on a good run but in the long run, he’s not exactly going to improve or squad by much if by any. I know wingers aren’t exactly at a premium but it’s not like he’s a bargain at 42m.

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:
18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:
42m for a player that isn’t an improvement on Willian or Pedro. No thanks

He's four years younger than Pedro & an improvement over Willian in terms of end product. Not a signing that would set the world alight but can't see us doing much better in that department anytime soon.

His age doesn’t really matter to me. He’s not really going to be an improvement on them and quite frankly would rather we played 352 than 343 with Mahrez in because he’s not an improvement on what we have in those wide forward areas plus it would be another severe overpayment if we got him for 42m, like Bakayoko for 40m, Batshuayi for 33m and Drinkwater for 35m. Overpaying for players that aren’t worth half although Drinkwater in cameos has looked closer to being a 40m player than Bakayoko.. the market is hugely inflated yes but PL is ridiculous.

It’s not impossible to get good value, we just signed Barkley for 15m (HG, youngish, can improve, will make club money if success or not).. got Marcus Alonso for 24m (considering the skepticism when he came it’s looking like a good fee), Rudiger for 34m (Looks a steal in comparison to Van Dijk or Stones fees). Ironically every time we go to buy from the PL the price is inflated to fuck. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Malcolm, Fekir, Pulisic, personally I think none of these are unattainable and probably available at a similar fee or a wee bit more, if not in January, then the summer

I would much rather Fakir than Marhez but it seems our board isn't prepared to spend huge amounts of money and that's what it would take to get him. For me Mahrez is an upgrade on Willian though. His end product is superior to that of Willians. 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

His age doesn’t really matter to me. He’s not really going to be an improvement on them and quite frankly would rather we played 352 than 343 with Mahrez in because he’s not an improvement on what we have in those wide forward areas plus it would be another severe overpayment if we got him for 42m, like Bakayoko for 40m, Batshuayi for 33m and Drinkwater for 35m. Overpaying for players that aren’t worth half although Drinkwater in cameos has looked closer to being a 40m player than Bakayoko.. the market is hugely inflated yes but PL is ridiculous.

It’s not impossible to get good value, we just signed Barkley for 15m (HG, youngish, can improve, will make club money if success or not).. got Marcus Alonso for 24m (considering the skepticism when he came it’s looking like a good fee), Rudiger for 34m (Looks a steal in comparison to Van Dijk or Stones fees). Ironically every time we go to buy from the PL the price is inflated to fuck. 

That's obviously your opinion. I, along with several others, disagree on that matter. Willian has no end product which is clear for anyone to see (today was another prime example of that). All English clubs are quoted stupid prices for players due to all the money that's in the league, and it's something we have to get on with whilst no talent is coming through our academy.

I can't keep second guessing the club intentions going forward, but we aren't going to spend £60-80m on any players IMO unless someone of a similar value is outgoing e.g. Costa-Morata. Only a few players are realistically obtainable this month with Mahrez being the only one with Prem experience whilst the names mentioned above don't fit that build. Fekir would cost at least £60m along with the fact he's best suited as an AM and Malcolm & Pulisic are potentially long term improvements. Just look how that's worked out in the past.

It's Mahrez or bust right now

Edit: Looks like it's bust

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Would you still say Liverpool aren’t a team we should worry about if they continue to spend like this? 

They are about to rake in £140m. Both of their recent transfers have been as a result of that.

9 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Would you still say Liverpool aren’t a team we should worry about if they continue to spend like this? 

If we fail to keep Hazard after this season I think both Liverpool and Spuds will leapfrog us going forward for the next couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I don't see what's great about Mahrez really. So, no. Again though, you missed the point. It's one thing to spend the money without having to sell. It's another to spend the money and having to sell or being forced to sell.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don't see what's great about Mahrez really. So, no. Again though, you missed the point. It's one thing to spend the money without having to sell. It's another to spend the money and having to sell or being forced to sell.

I think Mahrez would add a lot to our team or a side like Spuds who have a glaring hole on the right side of our attacks. Not really bothered about him being a like for like swap for Coutinho. Their attack is already great and Mahrez isn't as good as Coutinho.

Don't think they get any better with Mahrez. Not any worse, either.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You