Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just 2 clean sheets with him for Milan in 17 games. I think people are over rating him because Romagnoli got dropped for him but that decision looks very stupid now. Milan was 1st on table for majority of first part of the season and now 5th. Losing to Lazio at HT. 

200.gif

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just 2 clean sheets with him for Milan in 17 games. I think people are over rating him because Romagnoli got dropped for him but that decision looks very stupid now. Milan was 1st on table for majority of first part of the season and now 5th. Losing to Lazio at HT. 

Oh no, honestly, do some research.

The whole were 1st now 5th thing, look at the results they had and points they dropped, majority’s without Tomori. 

He didnt play in the 3-0 loss v Atalanta. Didnt start v Spezia who beat them 2-0, he came on a sub when it was 1-0 at like the 64th minute. Didn't play in 3-0 loss to Inter. Didnt play v Udinese in the 1-1 draw. Thats 11 points lost in games he wasn’t involved in (okay 26 minutes v Spezia). They have only dropped 7 he has played in, not counting the 26 mins he played v Spezia because he was already subbed on when they were losing. 

Earlier in the season they’d also dropped points v Roma, Hellas Verona, Parma, Genoa, Juventus prior to Tomori going there towards the end of January. The damage was done before he signed realistically and Inter have went on a huge run only dropping 13 points. Milan never had the staying power to finish top of the league. They've dropped 27 points all season so only 10 when Tomori’s been there (including Spezia game although was 1-0 when he subbed on and he played 26 mins). 

Theres a reason why Romangoli was dropped. For your captain as well to be dropped it doesn’t exactly look good performance wise. Thats why they are saying Milan want to sign Tomori because he’s probably playing at a better level, obviously Romagnoli has quality but he had been making mistakes/playing poorly. Dont agree with the better than de Ligt comments from that guy but some of his individual defensive play has been very good over there, asking the question why Frank didn’t give him more game time last season and this before being sacked.

Will fetch us €30m this summer unfortunately as they are keen so good luck to him, I think for a younger CB theres no better league for him to learn. 

And even then, overrated? Really? Were you not shouting Connor Gallagher was better than Mason Mount when he was playing at Charlton last season for about 2 months? Let me guess Guehi is better than Tomori now also 😂 ?

I think people will never be happy with our youngsters. Was same with Lewis Bate being better/could be better than Billy Gilmour last season. Some folk will never be happy. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Oh no, honestly, do some research.

The whole were 1st now 5th thing, look at the results they had and points they dropped, majority’s without Tomori. 

He didnt play in the 3-0 loss v Atalanta. Didnt start v Spezia who beat them 2-0, he came on a sub when it was 1-0 at like the 64th minute. Didn't play in 3-0 loss to Inter. Didnt play v Udinese in the 1-1 draw. Thats 11 points lost in games he wasn’t involved in (okay 26 minutes v Spezia). They have only dropped 7 he has played in, not counting the 26 mins he played v Spezia because he was already subbed on when they were losing. 

Theres a reason why Romangoli was dropped, for his usual standards he dropped off. Thats why they are saying Milan want to sign Tomori because he’s playing at a better level. Dont agree with the de Ligt comments from that guy but some of his individual defensive play has been very good over there, asking the question why Frank didn’t give him more game time last season and this before being sacked.

Will fetch us €30m this summer unfortunately as they are keen so good luck to him, I think for a younger CB theres no better league for him to learn. 

And overrated? Really? Were you not shouting Gallagher was better than Mason Mount when he was playing at Charlton last season for about 4 months? Let me guess Guehi is better than Tomori now also 😂

I was actually in keeping Tomori train, calling out Frank for letting him go got me banned on Shed end but ok...

Ok, lets not count Spezia but still your numbers are wrong. They lost to Lazio, Sassuolo and Napoli, plus draw with Sampdoria. That is 11 points lost with Tomori not 7. Plus he played 5 games in other competitions and Milan did not won a single one. Ofc he should not score goals but this 2 clean sheets in 16 games with him does not look good. I pointed out at that.

They have same number of loses with Romagnoli and Tomori this season. 3 in the league. Romagnoli played much more. 

Under Frank I also asked why he does not play more because Rudi and Chris were shit but I will not miss Tomori now because Chris, Rudi, Silva, Azpi are all playing great... Varane will most likely come so no place for him here.

About Gallagher vs Mount... For me still the only difference between them is that one got opportunity at Chelsea other still didnt.  Gallagher did have better season than Mount in Championship but was not fortunate to get 4000 mins in Chelsea next season (this season) so how do you know if he would not play better here than Mount? They have similar work rate, and you do not think Conor would score 4 or 5 goals in 4000 mins and get some assists? One thing is certain he would have at least one open play assist which Mount still did not do and is playing AM for top4 club with most minutes in the squad while 12 different Chelsea players have open play assist and 2 GKs in the league. If you take away set pieces and teams that will get relegated Mount has 1 goal and 0 assist this season in the league and is playing 2/3 of the season as one of the 3 most offensive players.

On 27/04/2021 at 00:49, NikkiCFC said:

About Gallagher vs Mount... For me still the only difference between them is that one got opportunity at Chelsea other still didnt.  Gallagher did have better season than Mount in Championship but was not fortunate to get 4000 mins in Chelsea next season (this season) so how do you know if he would not play better here than Mount? They have similar work rate, and you do not think Conor would score 4 or 5 goals in 4000 mins and get some assists? One thing is certain he would have at least one open play assist which Mount still did not do and is playing AM for top4 club with most minutes in the squad while 12 different Chelsea players have open play assist and 2 GKs in the league. If you take away set pieces and teams that will get relegated Mount has 1 goal and 0 assist this season in the league and is playing 2/3 of the season as one of the 3 most offensive players.

Would this be the same Gallagher that didn't get an assist of any description this season until February and went over a year without scoring? 

Edited by Tomo

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Would this be the same Gallagher that didn't get an assist of any description this season until February and went over a year without scoring? 

But Gallagher is playing deeper now in WBA. Typical CM. Like Kova.

And I never said he should be a starter in Chelsea. And after this season in WBA clearly not even in the squad. Keep 3 MFs we have, loan Gilmour and buy new one.

Just looking at Serie A. Milan are actually in real danger of missing out on the CL. If that happens, I can see them struggling to pay Tomori's release clause. If that happens wouldn't be surprised to see him back and Zouma sold. 

I wanna post some comments from an Italian forumhttps://scoutnation.forumfree.it/?t=75342609#newpost about Tomori, I put Italian version and English with translate:

1)In un discorso generale il ragazzo ha piedi scadenti, letture difensive carenti e poco cervello. Vorrebbe compensare tutto ciò col fisico (unico vero punto forte) ma naturalmente non gli riesce la maggior parte delle volte.
Lo trovo molto sopravvalutato, so di sbilanciarmi ma ad oggi, per me non vale un Colley della Sampdoria per dire.
Inutile quindi parlare del riscatto, 28.5 milioni per lui non li spenderei mai.
In general speech, the boy has poor feet, poor defensive reading and little brain. He would like to compensate for all this with the physical (the only real strong point) but of course he does not succeed most of the time.
I find it very overrated, I know I'm unbalanced but to date, for me it's not worth a Colley from Sampdoria to say.
It is therefore useless to talk about the ransom, I would never, ever spend 28.5 million for him.

2) avevo sottovalutato l’impatto fisico che poteva avere in un campionato di morti come la serie A, ma a parte sto fisico è scandaloso e ultimamente lo sta dimostrando direi.
I underestimated the physical impact it could have in a league of deaths like Serie A, but apart from the physical it is scandalous and lately it is proving it I would say.

3)In giusto una settimana si è fatto prendere a pisellate in faccia prima da Raspadori e poi da Correa. Magari può sembrare decente contro gli omaccioni lenti e coi piedi di legno, ma appena becca il piccoletto veloce e tecnico, avversario che devi affrontare con un pochino di intelligenza e che non devi sottovalutare soltanto perché parti con un vantaggio fisico in più, esce fuori dal campo in un bagno di lacrime. Sotto le voci "tempismo difensivo" e "lettura posizionale e dell'evolversi delle situazioni di gioco" è atroce (se qualcuno ha tempo, che guardi le azioni salienti della partita persa contro la Lazio e noti bene una cosa: ma avete visto quante volte lo hanno infilato centralmente coi filtranti?). Spero si sia capito perché non giocava mai al Chelsea e perché mi sono messo a sghignazzare appena ho letto il prezzo di riscatto fissato a 30 milioni. Per me non è assolutamente meglio del Musacchio che non si vedeva l'ora di togliersi dai maroni.
In just a week he had been pissed in the face first by Raspadori and then by Correa. It may seem decent against the slow, wooden-footed big men, but as soon as it catches the quick and technical little guy, an opponent that you have to face with a little intelligence and that you must not underestimate just because you start with an extra physical advantage, it gets out of the way. field in a bath of tears. Under the headings "defensive timing" and "positional reading and the evolution of game situations" it is atrocious (if someone has time, look at the salient actions of the game lost against Lazio and notice one thing well: but have you seen how many times did they put it centrally with the filters?). I hope it is understood why he never played for Chelsea and why I laughed as soon as I read the redemption price set at 30 million. For me it is absolutely no better than the Musacchio who couldn't wait to get out of the chestnuts.

what do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Good player, sad he is going, but also made some big mistakes at his spell, I wouldn’t trade him for Zouma, Christensen or Rüdiger. Thiago will be stick around, Azpi only turning 32 this year.. And we have some other young options on loan, especially Ampadu. So I think we can deal with this loss, especially with not bad money coming in.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember the chant from just a few months ago?

'We’ve got Super Frankie Lampard, he knows exactly what we need, Tomori at the back, Tammy in attack, Chelsea’s gonna win the Champions League.'

Well, we won the CL but sooo without those 3 lol. All 3 gone basically.

Frank really fucked up here dunno why he disliked Tomori so much, but at least we got good money for him and he won't be going to a rival.

Edited by R2D2

36 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Frank really fucked up here dunno why he disliked Tomori so much, but at least we got good money for him and he won't be going to a rival.

Problem is we do need to sell some players as we have so many. Unfortunately, some of them are completely unsellable so there will be a few who go that many would've rather kept. The really annoying thing with Tomori is his price, as whilst not super low, it low in comparison what how he played at Milan. 

This said a 5'11/6'0 CB is always going to struggle in the PL unless playing in a 3. 

Edited by King Kante