Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

On 04/03/2021 at 00:05, OneMoSalah said:

Huge overreaction. 

Havertz signing is also like signing Hazard. Once in a generational talent. Its up to the manager to then find where to play him. The board don’t pick the starting 11 or where’s best to play them unlike what people seem to keep making out.

Also Rudiger and Alonso are performing, as are Jorginho and Kovacic in this last period. Is that their fault that they are playing well? Or that some others in similar positions aren’t? 

I agree on Tomori but he ended up leaving because Lampard didnt play him and he wanted to play football, what do you expect him to do, particularly at his age? Or Lampard to do if he asks to leave/wants more minutes? Ok good opportunity for him to go on loan “na your staying to sit on the bench/not even make the squad as you have done the majority of this season”. The manager picks the team not the board.

Lamptey wanted to leave regardless as he wanted to progress his career while playing and he plays in a position where the clubs captain is and Reece James also plays, who is a better player also. 

I swear some people just moan for the fucking sake of it 😂 

I guess people still didnt learn from the past experiences. Honeymoon is kicking in realy nice with Tuchel right now.

You dont build a squad overnight. If you want to build team that will win stuff again it takes time. Yet with Chelsea its always poor period, sack the manager and then we have new manager and his honeymoon time and everyone is happy like people are right now with Tuchel and then reality hits. Only this time our football is one big snoozefest. 

Dont get me wrong, we are doing fine in football terms. We won to shit Liverpool (that is realy shit atm so we shouldnt put too much on that), we also drew with United and defeated Atletico (they were poor too and we will se how we do against them in reverse when they will probably go guns out).

I admit, our defence looks solid after a long long time and I like that alot. We snooze the opponents with passing which omits their chances etc.

But longterm what future is there? Rudiger isnt a long term option. Tomori or Zouma are. Yes it would take more time to mold them, but if its done you have a great CB. Rudiger is just a stop gap and it will show. As you say others dont perform, exactly. They need more time but everyone seems to demand and expect instant success 🙄. Same applies to other washed up players who are good temporary but will fail in the longterm like many times before.

Werner is a system player and I have no idea how anyone could place a counter attacking striker in possesion based side. People said he improved on the ball but not enough. Back then in the rumours, I said the same thing he doesnt fit this style. And I dont want to sound super smart or whatever but it was obvious and how could the board not see it. His horrendous finishing doesnt help either, thats a surprise because he was missing chances, but not this much.

Ziyech, I said he is too slow and weak for PL to play on wings. But I honestly expected he will be one of those lazy, clearly outmuscled footballers who still have loads of creativity and he will create and wow the fans with some magical passing etc because he seemed to simply enjoy playing football and has lot of natural talent. Sadly he is just a shell in his creative side too right now.

Chilwell. We paid premium on decent but average fullback. People said it. Their grandmother knew it. There were better options. Would Milan for example turn down strong offer for Hernandez in covid times?

Then there is Havertz. I said we should give young players a chance indeed and now that he is actualy here, there is no other choice. But why was HE bought? What position can he be actualy great at? His work rate stinks completely. We saw it in bayer games, he is a relative to Ozil in that aspect. There are games where whole 11 need to give defensive shift. Hazard, Ronaldo look like heavy workers compared to Kai. Just walking around. But hey it works with some players. Kai on other hand isnt world class in creativity, finishing or dribbling to do anything. He either scores a goal or goes invisible. But he may become more efficient in the future, I just dont see him become a player for a CL winning side for example. Doesnt have a position and doesnt have a work rate. Should have gone for Sancho and that isnt hindsight, I said this when we didnt sign either yet.

Finaly when you say Jorginho and Kovacic perform. Yes they do perform in the style we play now, they are important players in this setup. But entertainment wise, they got to be the most boring pivot in history. Dont have the balls to try anything, always play safe and pose 0 threat for opponent area. Again, they clearly work in system (until they dont, "wink" Jorgi), but watching them pass sideways is the biggest borefest ever.

Yes, this board is horrific. How can you justify spending 200m, apparently full trust in Lampsy, bring his favourites and then show no patience again and sack him? Not saying sacking was wrong in this case, but again said in summer, we should have a fucking DOF with actual knowledge and a long term plan. Not bring a manager build team for him and then bring different manager. Use stop gaps. Eventualy that fails too. Rinse and repeat. 

The club needs a strategy. Needs objectives and long term goal with STEADY & CONTINUOUS improvement. Much like the stocks, slow and steady instead of volatile ups and downs for short gains like we are doing it. We need brains, someone who knows how to operate in the football world. And then pick the right players and manager(s). The board didnt fix that in about 10 years, so they are fully responsible and I dont know how can you tolerate it. I swear people just forget about everything when couple of good results kick in. 

Its like that definition, we keep doing same things, expecting different results...

Yeah it was a bit overreaction in first post 😄, but the point is there.

Edited by BlueLyon

On 17/03/2021 at 11:59, Patrick Bamford said:

Thank you Lampard

do we even have a buyback option if AC Milan exercises their perm buy option?

He so looks the real deal at AC Milan, he was superb versus Manure, they just couldn't score enough as half their big boys were out up front (more than half actually)

AC Milan are mad as ass if they do not buy him, the strike price only £25m + £5m in potential add-ons

Go find a CB with his skillset (and that PACE) for basically £30m. Good luck, even in COVID market.

Jules Koundé is SHORT (5cm shorter than me, ffs) and overrated, he has had shit game after shit game thsi season, most every time I watched him play

Upamencano is already locked up by Bayern (and I do not rate him atm, he is still a shadow of what he was last year for some bizarre reason)

Alaba will not go to club that will use him as a CB plus he wants insane salary (390K per week or some such shite)

then you have the crazy expensive/not available/ or some with issues even if they were ones

Matthijs de Ligt  (his cost would be insane) 
Marquinhos    (he is not leavig, I so doubt it, would be a monster pickup though, and he can play a great DMF as well)
Raphaël Varane (he has never truly recovered from his slump, he doesnt pay well without Ramos as his partner)
José María Giménez  (too injury prone, never has looked the same since Godin left)
Kalidou Koulibaly  (to old for the cash they will want, he turns 30yo in exactly 3 months)    
Alessandro Bastoni  (superb young CB, so hard to pull) 
Milan Skriniar  (he is not good on the ball, his stock has dropped a lot)
Alessio Romagnoli (Tomori has benched him for now, plus he is the captain)

that leaves

Wesley Fofana < my number one want, complete package, size, pace, young, EPL proven already, strength, tactically sound
Gianluca Mancini
Edmond Tapsoba  
Sven Botman (poor mans De Ligt, even bigger size-wise)   
Pau Torres   
Caglar Söyüncü      
Ibrahima Konaté  (a huge CB, more of a Zouma type, plus lots of injuries) 
Marash Kumbulla   
Ronald Araújo  (probably impossible to pull him from Barca)    
Ben White    
Duje Caleta-Car   
Evan N'Dicka  (left footer, big pacey, strong)  

and these youth

Benoît Badiashile
Sebastian Walukiewicz
Josko Gvardiol
Mohamed Simakan
Maxence Lacroix

Chelsea youngster is “better than De Ligt” – Pundit explains how he beats Dutchman

http://sportwitness.co.uk/Chelsea-youngster-better-de-ligt-pundit-explains-beats-dutchman/

When AC Milan loaned Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea it’s unlikely they expected him to have the impact he’s achieved so far, and the same can likely be said for how the Blues saw the deal.

The Rossoneri clearly rated the 23-year-old, otherwise they wouldn’t have signed him, but they probably didn’t think he’d quickly become one of the most highly regarded defenders in Italian football.

He’s only played 12 matches since making the move to Milan and has already managed to win himself many fans in the media.

When they agreed the €28m buying option in the player’s loan deal, it’s near certain the Serie A side had no intention of paying such a fee. Clubs in Italy often agree option figures and then try to get the price down, however, Tomori has been so good that €28m now looks like a good price and it’s unlikely Chelsea will entertain lower offers.

Paolo Ziliani, a former footballer and current pundit, believes Tomori is one of the best around and that he’s already managed to outshine Juventus’ Matthijs de Ligt: “One thing Milan cannot fail to do is pay Chelsea the 28 million for Tomori . If it cost 35 for Tonali, which isn’t worth it (at least for now) Bennacer and Kessi, Tomori at 28 is a bargain. For anticipation, speed and agility he is better than De Ligt, who cost Juve 85.5.”

18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Let's hope Tuchel gives him a call and convinces him to reject the Milan offer.

Imagine us promoting Guehi to first team instead of him. Mother of all downgrades

Doubt Milan have the funds to pay the 28 million buy out anyway. Just need to hope Tuchel speaks with Marina wanting Tomori at the club next season.

Can go all out for a DM and ST with a backline consisting of Silva, Tomori, Christensen, Rudiger, and Dave. 

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Doubt Milan have the funds to pay the 28 million buy out anyway. Just need to hope Tuchel speaks with Marina wanting Tomori at the club next season.

Can go all out for a DM and ST with a backline consisting of Silva, Tomori, Christensen, Rudiger, and Dave. 

They probably don’t have the money and hopefully we will not make any deal with them. Checking Milan squad, there is not one single player I would like to have here.. Maybe Kessie, but he is not really needed either.

8 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

They probably don’t have the money and hopefully we will not make any deal with them. Checking Milan squad, there is not one single player I would like to have here.. Maybe Kessie, but he is not really needed either.

I'd take Kessie. Good all around player that could complement Kovacic well in this current system. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd take Kessie. Good all around player that could complement Kovacic well in this current system. 

Yeah, he is good. But other than him, seriously nobody.. (considering Donnarumma is not possible makeweight as he os out of contract, but I think he is overhyped anyway)

• 4 weeks later...

Just 2 clean sheets with him for Milan in 17 games. I think people are over rating him because Romagnoli got dropped for him but that decision looks very stupid now. Milan was 1st on table for majority of first part of the season and now 5th. Losing to Lazio at HT.