Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

56 minutes ago, lucio said:

Hopefully they try to lowball and he ends up staying , he’s a good centre back 

I think if Paolo Maldini is able to convince him to go there in the first place its going to be difficult to get him back.... I think he will stay there. Also I think we will be open to negotiating the price. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Our board is still on track of being complete shite.

Buying counter attacking Werner to play possesion football, spending ton on Havertz while not knowing where to even play him.

Continuously returning to washed up players like Alonso, Rudiger just because they have status. 

Playing Kovacic and Jorginho who are the most boring midfield pairing in the history of football. Just side passes and back passes over and over.

Getting rid of players that are actualy good like Tomori or Lamptey.

Then the lack of patience, changing the managers all the time its allways a step forward and then two steps back. 

We spent shitload on players, yet we play worse, we sacked manager, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech are massively underperforming, we are back to playing players who have no long term place here. Where is the vision? Why was Tuchel brought to play fucking Alonso or Rudiger again who have proved 100 times they arent capable of performing consistently. 

Marina, Cech, Roman or whoever is in charge of the transfers and our long term objectives can fuck off from this club because it is getting us nowhere. 

I dont understand how anyone tolerates this kind of crap that is going on with our club.

Fikayo Tomori transfer: Paolo Maldini discusses potential £21m deal for Chelsea star

Tomori was surplus to requirements at Chelsea but is reigniting his career in Italy as AC Milan mount a serious title challenge, with a view to a permanent move on the horizon

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fikayo-tomori-transfer-Chelsea-milan-23584084

AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini says the club still need to evaluate whether they want to sign Fikayo Tomori permanently but hailed the defender's impact at the San Siro.

Tomori joined Milan on loan from Chelsea in January and has so far made seven appearances for the Rossoneri in all competitions.

His latest outing came in Sunday's 2-1 victory at Roma, which helped his side get their league form back on track following the defeat to rivals Inter Milan.

The 23-year-old even displaced club captain Alessio Romagnoli for the fixture, and Milan's technical director Maldini is clearly an admirer of his talents.

"Fortunately, I work for a club that has an effect on players. When AC Milan call, the players always listen," Maldini told Sky Sport Italia .

"Fikayo is a player with particular characteristics, pace and intensity, so we thought he could be a good reinforcement for this second half of the season.

"Naturally, Romagnoli isn’t happy, no player is when he doesn’t play. However, Milan are 17 points better off than last season, we’re second despite having more commitments and many injuries, so squad rotation is necessary and Alessio has played pretty much every game."

Tomori looked as though he had risked sitting out much of the season when he rejected a deadline day loan move to West Ham back in October.

He had made just one appearance for Chelsea since then - in the FA Cup tie against Morecambe - before Milan swooped to secure his services.

Part of the agreement between both clubs included the insertion of a £21million release clause if Milan opt to sign Tomori permanently when his loan spells comes to an end in the summer.

But Maldini revealed the club are still weighing up their options before committing to anything further.

“We have an option to buy for Tomori, it’s up to us to evaluate whether we activate it or not," he added.

"As for the players whose contracts are running down, we include Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] as well, and we have weekly discussions about that too.

"All I can say is there isn’t much news to tell you."

On 01/03/2021 at 17:46, BlueLyon said:

Our board is still on track of being complete shite.

Buying counter attacking Werner to play possesion football, spending ton on Havertz while not knowing where to even play him.

Continuously returning to washed up players like Alonso, Rudiger just because they have status. 

Playing Kovacic and Jorginho who are the most boring midfield pairing in the history of football. Just side passes and back passes over and over.

Getting rid of players that are actualy good like Tomori or Lamptey.

Then the lack of patience, changing the managers all the time its allways a step forward and then two steps back. 

We spent shitload on players, yet we play worse, we sacked manager, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech are massively underperforming, we are back to playing players who have no long term place here. Where is the vision? Why was Tuchel brought to play fucking Alonso or Rudiger again who have proved 100 times they arent capable of performing consistently. 

Marina, Cech, Roman or whoever is in charge of the transfers and our long term objectives can fuck off from this club because it is getting us nowhere. 

I dont understand how anyone tolerates this kind of crap that is going on with our club.

Huge overreaction. 

Havertz signing is also like signing Hazard. Once in a generational talent. Its up to the manager to then find where to play him. The board don’t pick the starting 11 or where’s best to play them unlike what people seem to keep making out.

Also Rudiger and Alonso are performing, as are Jorginho and Kovacic in this last period. Is that their fault that they are playing well? Or that some others in similar positions aren’t? 

I agree on Tomori but he ended up leaving because Lampard didnt play him and he wanted to play football, what do you expect him to do, particularly at his age? Or Lampard to do if he asks to leave/wants more minutes? Ok good opportunity for him to go on loan “na your staying to sit on the bench/not even make the squad as you have done the majority of this season”. The manager picks the team not the board.

Lamptey wanted to leave regardless as he wanted to progress his career while playing and he plays in a position where the clubs captain is and Reece James also plays, who is a better player also. 

I swear some people just moan for the fucking sake of it 😂 

Edited by OneMoSalah

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Personally I think he is gone. His buy out is €30m and he is playing well. The comments from AC about him being 'expensive' are due to; a) them testing the waters to see if we will go lower, b) providing themselves with some insurance if they end up outside the top 4. 

In my opinion, they will probably buy him regardless if he keeps going at his current rate as at €30m they could probably even activate and then sell for €35-€40m anyway. Especially with his passport tax. 

Personally, I would sell Zouma before him, however I am of the thinking even if Zouma is sold before, he will still be sold regardless. 

I say this as; 

A) We have too many right footed CB's. Rudi, Zouma, AC, Silva, Dave (RCB), Amapdu. We do not need all those players and Tomori and Zouma are going to still attract reasonable fees (€30m Tomori), (£25-£35m Zouma.) 

B ) We need a LCB. This could maybe be solved with Guehi or Sarr, but my feeling is they are better off on loan getting minutes for another 1-3 years (depending on how they develop.) Therefore, we are probably looking for a left footed player and especially so if we continue with 3atb. 

C) We have far too many dregs (tier 4) that are draining the wage bill that are almost impossible to shift owing to their high wages; Batsh*t, Baba, Drinky, Kepa, Zappa, Emerson, RLC, Barkley (tbf he may get a buyer). So, we will have to sell some of our tier 2/3 players to make up some funds. This includes Tammy, Jorgi, Kante and Ziyech as we still need some expensive pieces and cannot accommodate everyone. 

Edited by King Kante

7a686d09f7391f73f4520f24c2a3abbc.jpg

https://sempremilan.com/milan-legend-baresi-heaps-praise-on-Chelsea-loanee-tomori-he-can-only-improve

Former AC Milan defender Franco Baresi has heaped praise upon Fikayo Tomori for the impact he has made since joining on loan from Chelsea.

Tomori arrived at Milan in January on a six-month loan from Chelsea, where he had been struggling to get playing time, and the initial signs from the Englishman have been very good so far as he has made eight appearances across all competitions.

The English centre-back has quickly adapted to Italian football and Stefano Pioli’s system, even benching the Rossoneri’s captain Alessio Romagnoli. It’s clear, therefore, that he has the qualities to become a very good player.

During his interview with The Times, Milan’s honorary vice president praised the impact of Tomori, who he believes will only get better from here.

“When he was called to play he did well. He is young, he is assuming the mentality that asks him Milan and begin to understand our league. I think he can only improve, because he has fantastic quality,” he said (via MilanNews).

Tomori for his part revealed yesterday that he is very much enjoying life in Italy and the chance to play for such a prestigious club steeped in history.

But the option to buy are we obligated to sell if we don't want to?

Isn't it only an option that if he does good and we want to sell we sell at the established priced?

But what if we don't? Even if they want to accept that option, can't we refuse? 

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But the option to buy are we obligated to sell if we don't want to?

Isn't it only an option that if he does good and we want to sell we sell at the established priced?

But what if we don't? Even if they want to accept that option, can't we refuse? 

No, we can't refuse if Milan decide to take the buying option.